Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    My last bill I had about 54 sms messages I was charged for. I checked my current bill, and with a week or two left still I already have over 60 sms messages. I rarely use sms, mainly Verichat in data mode, and if I send an sms it is usually through Verichat. My sms are usually received messages, and maybe a reply or two, but that is few and far between.

Is it possible Sprint is charging me sms for the data I use on Verichat?
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    I don't see how that would happen. I use VeriChat in always-on SMS mode, and obviously they use SMS there. At times when things have been "not right" I've received SMS's with content like "//VERICHAT-LOGOUT". Though if you're set up to always use data, I don't see why such messages would be sent to you. Sorry I'm not helpful.
    Call them and see what the deal is. They pissed me off with all their billing errors.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Yeah, I tried that. They were no help. Funny, they said they could not even tell me anything relating to the telephone number that I sent/received a text from/to, so there was no way to dispute it.

Well, I guess they did help, they credited me for last months texts, but I know they will not keep doing that. I guess I will have to break down and fork out the big money (LOL) on a text plan.
    Since verichat uses sms to initiate conversations, I can see where you would be getting charged if you do not have a text plan.
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Yeah, but I have the preferences set to use data mode. Are you saying even if my preferences are data, it starts by using sms?