1.    #1  
    Can someone please explain to me what the $15 per month charge is from Verizon?

I was told that the $15 was so I would be able to use my 700 as a modem for my laptop. I also have the $44 unlimited data plan.

So, please correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like not only do I have to pay Verizon $15 per month, but I also have to pay for third party software (PDA Net) in order to do this.

Thanks in advance.
    if this was because of your voluntary disclosure to them that you were using PDAnet? or did they find out on their own?
  3.    #3  
    I didn't tell them anything. In fact, I have never used PDANet. I'm not sure, but I think I was misled by the guy at Verizon. He basically told me all I had to do was pay the 15 bucks and hook the phone to my laptop with the Activesync cable.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    The 15 bucks is for tethered access. If you want to get your laptop online, its the only way to do it without "violating the terms and conditions."
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Is the $15 tethering fee available now for the Treo? I had heard that it is only available for the BB but will become available for the Treo in the future. I would assume that VZW would make software available to utilize the service.
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions