Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I received the following text message yesterday morning:

Dial *2 on your Sprint PCS phone to download an important service update for free. Wait for a brief message. Once completed, hang up.

Did anyone else get this? What is it? I haven't done it yet. Any guidance?
    This sounds like a PRL (Preferred Roaming List) update. You should do it - it just improves roaming reception - though in my experience it seems to improve in-network reception too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad
    This sounds like a PRL (Preferred Roaming List) update. You should do it - it just improves roaming reception - though in my experience it seems to improve in-network reception too.
    Anyone know the lastest PRL #?
    Tks
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I did it yesterday, and it actually took care of what was once a dead spot for me.
    Latest PRL is 10030
    Quote Originally Posted by xchpstang
    Latest PRL is 10030
    Tks xchpstang
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I Did The *2 Thing And When I Hung Up The Phone It Made A Tone Sound Twice? Does That Mean That I Have The Update?
    My PRL Rev is 10028 but when I dial *2 it gets me right into the customer service menu (what do you want to do...?), any idea why it does not offer the update?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtab1970
    My PRL Rev is 10028 but when I dial *2 it gets me right into the customer service menu (what do you want to do...?), any idea why it does not offer the update?

Thanks.
    I did too...just stay on the line and in a few seconds you will hear the automated operator tell you that an important update is needed and to stay on the line until it is complete. When you hang up it will beep 3 times.
    I Still Have 10028
    Quote Originally Posted by 9thfloormaniac
    I did too...just stay on the line and in a few seconds you will hear the automated operator tell you that an important update is needed and to stay on the line until it is complete. When you hang up it will beep 3 times.
    Doesn't work for me.
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    I have 10029
    I have 10028, called *2, waited, got cust svc, hung up, heard 3 tones. Still says 10028.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Call CS, have them transfer you to data support, asked to be flagged for a PRL update. Hang up, dial *2. For some reason a few others and I could not get it to work in our home Sprint market. When i went to another Sprint market it worked. The flag should stay with you until the actual update happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3
    For some reason a few others and I could not get it to work in our home Sprint market. When i went to another Sprint market it worked.
    Could this be because the update is not useful in the area where some of us live?
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    Awww... I got excited when I saw this thread. Thought it was about a new Sprint Treo 650 firmware / ROM update.
    Can we change the title of this thread to PRL update.....
    Couple of things:

a) PRL updates (preferred roaming list) are for just that, roaming on other networks. Only the ev-do PRLs actually improve regular network usage. Though like others, I always update mine as soon as they come out...just in case.

b) sometimes the PRL udpate "doesn't stick" so you'll have to keep doing the *2 until it does take

c) you can request a PRL update via Sprint's email tech support; this is easier sometimes then using a CSR on the phone.

d) A Sprint firmware update IS coming...should be soon (from the comments section at palminsider.com)
    Just did the above - new PRL update for T600 = 10030
    RJuhl
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta

c) you can request a PRL update via Sprint's email tech support; this is easier sometimes then using a CSR on the phone.
    Err .. how? I couldn't find any way to send an email to tech support on Sprint's web site.

Apparently our Verizon friends can dial *22899 and automagically request a PRL update, but that didn't do anything for me.

I also tried dialing *2 as someone else suggested but I couldn't get anywhere without talking to a CSR.

This thread should probably be moved to the CDMA forum ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast