Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    You DO have to talk to a CSR rep to the get the PRL update on Sprint.

Call*2 and tell "Claire": "PRL update" That will route you (hopefully) to the right CSR.

For email:

http://www1.sprintpcs.com/learn/form...c_question.jsp

And request it there. They'll probably email you back to get your info and then you'll get it.

ps All Sprint phones get the same PRL (except for ev-do's, which have a different system). Also, note that some PRL updates are nothing more than "added a bunch of towers in Colorado" so don't expect to notice anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    Can we change the title of this thread to PRL update.....

Done!

<and moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I just dialed *2 and mine was pushed to me automatically.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I did the PRL update. I wonder why they can post all kinds of gsm updates on the 650 hardware forum but as soon as we discuss a prl update it gets moved to cdma?
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Shouldn't all GSM updates be moved to GSM?
    I got this on my Treo 300 too the other day and I've done it over 12 times talked to 2 sprint reps and one Sprint Tech rep and my PRL still says 10025! I've taken my phone to my local full service Sprint store and they tell me to go to the Palm website! AAAAAAAAAAAAAArrrrggh
    I used the URL suggested by Malatesta:

And just asked for a PRL update. I got a positive emailed response within 24 hours or so, and then dialed *2 to make the update take place.

HTH ...
    Cool, I just now did the update by dialing *2, and waited a few minutes until the voice prompt said the update is now finished. Previously, I had PRL Rev 10028, now it shows 10030 after the update.

I have no idea whether this actually improves anything, but time will tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by jae_63
    I used the URL suggested by Malatesta:

And just asked for a PRL update. I got a positive emailed response within 24 hours or so, and then dialed *2 to make the update take place.

HTH ...
    Great find jae_63. I didn't know you could request it online. I hated waiting for CS.

Tks again
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Does it matter what topic you choose Coverage or Other?
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3
    Does it matter what topic you choose Coverage or Other?
    I chose "other"
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    I chose "coverage." BTW, Sprint's emailed response included the following, which was apparently erroneous:
    I have updated your PRL. Now you are just required to dial *2TALK from
    your PCS phone and the changes will be done.

Dialing *2TALK didn't do anything productive, but dialing *2 did.
    Quote Originally Posted by jae_63
    I chose "coverage." BTW, Sprint's emailed response included the following, which was apparently erroneous:
    I have updated your PRL. Now you are just required to dial *2TALK from
    your PCS phone and the changes will be done.

Dialing *2TALK didn't do anything productive, but dialing *2 did.
    I got the same message. *2TALK didn't work for me either. Just *2
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    I got the same message. *2TALK didn't work for me either. Just *2
    I just think they meant you dial *2, then press "TALK". Not *2TALK. Even though, yeah, it's written goofy.
    Used the *2 talk and it automatically did the update, to 10031 .
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Why are some ppl getting 10030 and others getting a different PRL (like 10031)? Has this been discussed already?
    10031 just came out yesterday, that's why some are getting 10031. Anytime you update they will give yo the newest version so anyone who updated yesterday and forward will get 10031 until the next is released.
    When anyone is in roam mode, please try web browsing and report if it works. Sprint may have activated data roaming. If not yet apparently it is coming soon.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    10031 just came out yesterday, that's why some are getting 10031. Anytime you update they will give yo the newest version so anyone who updated yesterday and forward will get 10031 until the next is released.
    Okay. So, if I press *2 on my 650, my phone will be updated with the latest PRL?
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    Okay. So, if I press *2 on my 650, my phone will be updated with the latest PRL?
    It took mine a day. I requested to be flagged yesterday. Today I called *2 and a voice message came saying that my phone would be upgraded. Took less than a minute and I was done.

When calling support to flag, don't expect it to work within a few hours. Try several hours or next day.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast