Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Well, I thought I would be happy when this day came, but I'm a little sad now.... I'm finally giving up my 600 for a 650 - with mixed emotions.

I had my 600 (and 5 other ones) since 12/03 - oh, what memories
    We go waaaaayyy back... but it... it..... it won't ring anymore.

Now, my insurance plan is giving me a new 650. I should be happy right? I mean, I had bragging rights over ALL of my friends (if nothing else) that my 2003 phone still kicked all of their phones' ****!!

Anyhow, can someone make me feel better? Pleeeeaaaaassse, I'm begging you?
    Wow! Forget everything I just said... this thing is NICE!

Why didn't I upgrade sooner?
    Quote Originally Posted by cleveland216
    Wow! Forget everything I just said... this thing is NICE!

Why didn't I upgrade sooner?
    Because you would have had to pay for it yourself if you had? Just a guess.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by guessed
    LOL...that's why I didn't upgrade sooner!
    Quote Originally Posted by guessed
    And you would be correct!

I figured all this time that, since there was no real ground-breaking added features added from the 600 to the 650, why update an already-perfect phone?

Well now I see why.... the improvements. Wow!!
    (Sorry for being so late on this, but THIS PHONE IS AWESOME!)
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    cleveland, i have also become emotionally attached to the 600. when i found out i would be getting a 650 replacement, i had mixed feelings. since then, i've been holding my 600 a little closer to my heart. i got a vm from sprint today saying that the 650 is ready to be picked up. i hope all my data tranfers over without any glitches & that i'll be as happy as you!
  7.    #27  
    I certainly like the look and feel of the 650 - it's now been more than 24 hours and my phone is still working! I'm having some weird syncing problems but have decided to start again tomorrow from scratch to see if I can get it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by GearGoddess
    cleveland, i have also become emotionally attached to the 600. when i found out i would be getting a 650 replacement, i had mixed feelings. since then, i've been holding my 600 a little closer to my heart. i got a vm from sprint today saying that the 650 is ready to be picked up. i hope all my data tranfers over without any glitches & that i'll be as happy as you!
    Trust me when I say you'll be happy

HOWEVER, after loving my 600 for so long and being SO attached to it, I feel I am very critical of the 650. I wanna warn you now before you get the 650, there are a few things that may irritate you (at least they irritate the hell outta me):

First, I can't hang up a call with the [backspace] anymore; I cant put a call on speakerphone with the [spacebar] anymore; the [enter] key doesn't start a new three-way call anymore; and some other things in the phone app as related to the keyboard. These shortcuts were ALL on my wonderful, "perfect, but not so perfect" 600.

Also, the fact that the power button at the top of the phone is missing... well I'm just gonna have to live without it, I guess (I used it a lot on the 600).

Last, the KEYBOARD DOESN'T AUTO-SHUTOFF! That's really irritating. You mean I have to pay for an app that "auto-switches off" the KB light? Damn!

BUUUUUT, I am now listening to music in the background (pTunes) and working in Blazer, or any other program - WITH EASE! It's not SLOW anymore on the 650.
    I just finished watching "The Incredibles" specifically encoded for my PSP on the 650 - with no hickups whatsoever (TCPMP/AAC hack). The CPU on this thing is amazing - and just to think, I was really not trying to upgrade from my 600.
    Not to mention the resolution - it turns out that I would rather watch a movie on the 650 than the PSP! And that was the main reason in getting the PSP was for movies. The 650 is WAAAAYYY more convenient, and the resolution is really crisp compared to the 600.

Anyhow, I hope this eases some of your anxiety.
    Tried to get a charger for the 600 in a Sprint store the other day and they said they don't get anymore in stock for the 600. I also noticed Palm doesn't even sell them on their website. I'm guessing they are not going to have much choice but to start swapping 650's for 600's soon.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    <moved>

First, I can't hang up a call with the [backspace] anymore; I cant put a call on speakerphone with the [spacebar] anymore; the [enter] key doesn't start a new three-way call anymore; and some other things in the phone app as related to the keyboard. These shortcuts were ALL on my wonderful, "perfect, but not so perfect" 600.
    I think you can still setup all that using Treoguard...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I got my 600 replaced with a brand new 650 only 2 months after the 650 came out. There was another thread on here where multiple people had their replaced around the same time. Mine was shipped direct to me from the factory in January 2005. At that point I had only one 600 replaced in store.

I doubt its a sign that the new 700p will be coming soon, the 700p is coming anyway, Sprint has been replacing 600s with the 650 for at least the past year.

Congrats!

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    HI< I want a 700P or what ever it will be call ASAP, take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Well my 600 died (see Toilet thread ). Will let you know what Lockline sends me. But I have bad feeling about this.
    I got a 650 too!! WOOHOO!! Now if I could figure out how to use it. When talking on the phone and the screen goes into dim mode I used to hit the right hand button on my 600 to light it back up. Unfortunately that is now the hang up button. Doh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    I got a 650 too!! WOOHOO!! Now if I could figure out how to use it. When talking on the phone and the screen goes into dim mode I used to hit the right hand button on my 600 to light it back up. Unfortunately that is now the hang up button. Doh!
    Lockline?
    I should be getting my replacement tomorrow from Lockline. Will report...
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    The Sprint store at Easton in Columbus just replaced my 600 with a 650. No questions asked. They also replaced my 300 with a 600 two years ago without a question. So I bought a 300 on Ebay 4 years ago for $75.00 and know have a 650, and all it cost me was $4.00/mo for replacement insurance. Might help I've meen a Sprint customer since day 1. Really since day 1 no lie and the fact I have 5 phones on one plan might help.

Good luck everyone.
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
    Yes mine was from Lockline.... man is this memory issue a pain in the you know what though. But I GOT A 650!! That must mean the 700p is about to be released.

And I hear what you are saying leardvr. I've given up on getting the newest and latest and will just be letting the insurance upgrade me as they retire models.
    I called Lockline on Friday to have the 600 replaced due to a bad screen. They said that one would be rushed and received overnight. Well, today is Tuesday and nothing yet. After calling on Sat. and Mon. I finally was told today that both the 600 and 650 are on backorder. 5 to 7 business days and they will ship out the first one they receive.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Good luck!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast