Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Check it out here:Howard's Forums

It works. I just called and got it added to my account. Don't know if this was posted here before. Sorry I didn't search first.
    i think this is just for Verizon
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    i think this is just for Verizon
    Yeah, just like the phone -- at least for now.

Global Posts
    872 Global Posts
    Have you actually been able to add this to the Treo 700w? Are you on the west coast?

I had it on the i730 but for some reason the billing system on the west coast was not letting it be added to the 700w!?!?!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gex
    Have you actually been able to add this to the Treo 700w? Are you on the west coast?

I had it on the i730 but for some reason the billing system on the west coast was not letting it be added to the 700w!?!?!
    YES! I added it to my account about 30 minutes ago. I live on the East Coast. I dialed 866-788-9387 and after qbout 5 minutes, I was in.
    Global Posts
    872 Global Posts
    Over at howardforums others on the west coast billing system are reporting to be able to add it now..on hold as we speak
    Global Posts
    872 Global Posts
    Finally!!! It is working on the West coast billing system... tried to get it to go through all weekend and requested that the device be added as being compatible and it looks like it finally has been.

We can at least now use AUTD without incurring huge SMS bills while we wait for them to release MSFP (Direct Push).
    works in the northeast. they added it easily.
    They are giving me TONS of resistance in IL. I am on hold with my second rep right now...

UPDATE: They added it! It took a LONG time on hold though
    Last edited by fumblerooski; 01/16/2006 at 11:07 PM.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Just tried calling and I guess I'm not eligible. I'm on a family share plan and paying for the 44.99 unlimited data plan seperately, and I guess that's a nono?
    Global Posts
    872 Global Posts
    Umm... (I hesitate to say this)..remember that this plan is for Exchange users that utilize AUTD. It is not a way to get 2000 SMS messages for free.

I personally donít think they are checking but others have said that they can determine if you are truly utilizing it for Exchange AUTD and will charge you if you are not. Again I personally donít believe they are monitoring it but it comes down to your own personal ethics on the matter.

I have also heard that even if you do go over the 2000 they still do not charge you anything....
    So this new plan would just get added to my $39.99 PDA/Smartphone Unlimited Feature for nothing and I would get 2000 txt?
    Last edited by Mad Max; 01/17/2006 at 01:56 AM.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    you only have to pay 39.99 for unlimited data? how did you manage that

I have to pay 44.99 for my data
    20% USPS Employee discount.
    OK - anyone have any specifics on what the rep had to look up? After 40 minutes with a supervisor (who was real good and tried hard to find the plan) and a call back it was a no go - they can't seem to find it anywhere. Specically - what part of Verizon did you talk to and what did you ask for? PDA SMS 2000 and SMS2K were no goes - can't find them here in the south.

I'll give the Verizon rep credit - he tried real hard to find it, called me back like he said he would after he couldn't and promised to keep checking. Great customer service.
    This worked for me and i have the family plan. they assigned it to just the number that has my data plan on it. no problem at all. just give them the 'sms 2k' code.
    Worked for me. Rep even offered to take off the old SMS plan.
    I just added it this morning and I'm on the WEST coast (So. Cali).
    Thanks for the phone number, JesseNYC

Call and give this code "PDA SMS 2000 ALLOWA" feature
    How about adding it on a Treo 650??? Can this be done???
    I am in southern California and it worked for me. It took less than 5 min.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast