Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. lem
    Following the advice, I called Verizon. At first the rep kept trying to sell me on their $5, $10, and $20 TXT plans. I finally mentioned that my company's "IT Administrator" had advised me to ask for the "PDA SMS 2000" plan to use with our company's Exchange server. Within a minute it was added!

One curious note, however. He said these 2000 messages covered "incoming text messages from the Exchange server" and that each additional incoming message over 2000 would be $0.10. Is there 100% certainty that I can send text messages with this plan within the 2000 allotment?
    Called today and added this service very easily. Those who dont have it should get on the horn and ask.
    In Southern California, just got off the phone and they said it wasn't available for my phone (Treo 600). She said it was only avaibale for the Samsung phones. I'll try again tomorrow.

In guess paying through the nose for Verizon's over-the-top unlimited data plan isn't enough. They need me to pay through the ears for SMS as well. If I can't get something extra then there's absolutely no reason I shouldn't switch to Sprint. Three more months and counting...
    words can't begin to say how happy I am about this. I called them and yes they didn't know what I was talking about they found the feature but werent aware of it being for free after talking to a supervisor in the datadept they came back on and said Yes we add that for free for certain phones so they added it for me right away and took off the other txt msg plan I was paying for.. THANK YOU GOOOOOOOD POST!!!!!!! - Chris Las Vegas
    Added to mine. piece of cake. thanks.
    Can I ask what Exchange AUTD is? In the earlier posts, someone said its for Exchange AUTD and that you may have to prove something. I'm currently paying $10 for the IN plan plus 500 outside texts and if I can get away with paying $0, then of course, im in.

thanks!
    On the phone as we speak. I've been online for over half an hour now but it looks like I'm going to get the "Not available for your equipment" line.

EDIT: Why do I get the feeling I'm begging from crumbs off the table? I mean, Sprint may have its faults but I can get everything I have with Verizon now plus unlimited SMS for $30 less per month. Why am I doing this again?

EDIT: Okay, I got the "difinitive word" as it were. The problem I was having before is that I was on the America's Choice plan, which is an older plan with a different plan code. When they tried to add the PDA SMS 2000 plan the system kicked it back with a "not available for your equipment" notice. So, the rep said I had to upgrade to the newer plan (which is 450 minutes for $39.99 rather than my old plan wich was 400 munites for $39.99). Sounds like a no-brainer, eh? BAAH! Wrong answer. If I upgrade to that plan then my contract pushes out for a year from today. Now, if I was planning to stick with Verizon I'd do it. But since I'm contemplating Sprint after my contract is up in three months I've got to reconsider.

Anyway, just thought you guys might like to know that if you're having problems getting this added to your plan you might need to get upgraded to a newer voice plan.
    Last edited by hoovs; 03/15/2006 at 07:22 PM.
    Didnt work for me. The CSR sent me to Data and the data guy told me that since it didnt add benefit to me he couldnt add the feature to my phone. He said that the way his manager explained it to him, it was only applicable to the samsung i7xxx phone. I then asked him to speak with his manager and he said that his manager was unavailable...in the process of calling back.
    I know that this works for a treo700w and maybe 650 but not the 600 try calling them again they'll add it
    Has anyone added this to a 650? thats the phone I have and since I dont quite understand the MS exchange program, I dont know if this program is even applicable to my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by jinhoshow
    Has anyone added this to a 650? thats the phone I have and since I dont quite understand the MS exchange program, I dont know if this program is even applicable to my phone.
    As I understand it, this program was designed with Exchange server "push like" e-mail in mind. People were using that type of e-mail setup but were getting dinged for each SMS. But, with that in mind, one doesn't necessarily have to be using that type of e-mail setup to take advantage of this program. From what I've been able to gather (see my post above) the program can be added to any Verizon Treo with a current voice plan and unlimited data plan.
    Hoovs,

I upgraded to this phone a month ago, and when I got it, I got the 450 minutes and unlimited data plan. Im on the phone again with a different data guy who is actually working very diligently to try to add this feature for me. Hopefully it goes through...

OK, just got off the phone with the Data guy. He had to call into another department to understand why he couldnt add it to my phone. The other guy said that it is only available to phone that have Windows 5.0 or higher. He also said that they must verify that you have an exchange program in use (although I dont know how they would do it). It looks like either they caught on to all the people adding it...
    Last edited by jinhoshow; 03/16/2006 at 11:19 AM.
    I didn't have any luck adding here in the Central Coast of California, BUT the CSR said there is a $5 discount on the unlimited data plan for people on America's Choice, so I took that for now.
    slorandy...are you in SLO?

Thats where Im at too.
    Quote Originally Posted by jinhoshow
    Hoovs,

I upgraded to this phone a month ago, and when I got it, I got the 450 minutes and unlimited data plan. Im on the phone again with a different data guy who is actually working very diligently to try to add this feature for me. Hopefully it goes through...

OK, just got off the phone with the Data guy. He had to call into another department to understand why he couldnt add it to my phone. The other guy said that it is only available to phone that have Windows 5.0 or higher. He also said that they must verify that you have an exchange program in use (although I dont know how they would do it). It looks like either they caught on to all the people adding it...
    People here have reported being able to add it to Palm OS devices so I don't buy that guy's explanation. Plus, my rep said nothing about WM. I think its pretty poor that Verizon doesn't have any comprehensive documentation on the plans they offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by slorandy
    I didn't have any luck adding here in the Central Coast of California, BUT the CSR said there is a $5 discount on the unlimited data plan for people on America's Choice, so I took that for now.
    Yeah, I heard that too. I guess you could use that $5 towards an SMS plan but that means you have to extend your data contract out for year from the date you added it. Plus, sorry to keep hapring on this, that means that Verizon's data plan is now only $25 more expensive than Sprint rather than $30.
    In case they still claim not to be able to help you ..... tell them its code # 70246

YOU MUST TELL THEM THAT YOU HAVE A Microsoft SERVER AT YOUR WORK AND THAT YOU NEED THE 2000 PLAN TO CORRECTLY HANDLE PUSH MAIL
    You got it jinhoshow, I'm in SLO. Great place to be, isn't it.
    Yaron2, thanks for the code. I'll try again...
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I am in South Carolina but that is not the reason they are telling me no. They are saying that they don't know what I am talking about. They wanted to know a phone number that was with Verizon that was set up this way so they could look and see exactly what I meant. I will try later, it IS Saturday, maybe I would fare better during the week.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    That what happens when you don't read all the way to the bottom of the thread. I failed to see the code #70246 but that did it. It is done- NO PROBLEM. She never heard of the PDA SMS 2000 but the code number did the trick. NOW THIS IS A GOOD TIP. This discussion group is worth at least twice the cost of admission!!!!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast