1.    #1  
    I'm actually sad to be dropping Sprint as I'll miss their rate plan.

My reasons are as follows:

- I have a work phone, so I don't need one for myself. Yet, I kept it because I love my Treo 650.
    - I travel internationally so my phone is a paperweight once I leave the US. (My work phone is GSM and seems to work around the planet.)

The catalyst was:
    - My wife's LG PM-325 started having some weird issues with the slider switch. We went into a store to get it repaired. The store said they couldn't fix it for 3 or 4 hours but if we drove to another store they could deal with it right away. The other store was about 30 minutes away. No problem. (It was the only day that we were off.)

- When we got there they were busy, that's fine. My wife stood in line while I dorked with some of the new phones. My wife got to the front of the line and the girl started taking people behind her. (My wife hadn't said anything yet.) After taking 3 or 4 other people my wife said: "Am I invisible?" to the girl. The sales girl said "Don't be *****y, I'll get to you when I am ready." That's when I jumped in trying to defuse this and said "We just want to get a phone fixed." She said "come back Thursday or Friday and we might be able to help you.". So ... we walked away and something was said in spanish, followed by laughter. Another girl 2 persons back wanted to get a phone repaired and they sent her over to the counter. I said "why can she get her phone fixed today?" to which she replied "she has a different kind of phone."

I have no idea what this was all about, other than my wife is Korean and a majority of this store was mexican. I'd like to think that this was not a factor.

None the less I called up Sprint and explained the situation. They apologized. I've had trouble in the stores before, but never to this extent. I would have probably kept my account with this them (while cancelling my wife's), but they didn't even ask me what store this was which kind of makes me feel like they didn't care at the corporate level. Oh well ... I got them to wave all cancellation fees so I'm out nothing.

I'm now considering T-Mobile or Cingular for my wife. I'm just going to get an unlocked phone for my work account.

It's a bizare story ..... in Sprint's defense ... whenever I had to deal with them online or on the phone they have been FANTASTIC. The stores seem to be a different zone. (Unless you are buying a phone then everyone is really nice.) :-)
    I think it's letter writing time for your driven01.

I would definitely document everything in a letter and address it to the CEO and I would do this (if you can wait) before switching carriers to see if you get any satisfaction from them

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I second that. Or at least go back to that store and insist on speaking with the management.
    The whiny minority always out-posts the contented majority.
    I would say speak to the management too. It's the sales person, she needs to be "reassigned" obviously, because she isn't interested in true customer service!!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I was told awhile back by a phone customer service rep that the in store personell are independent of corporate Sprint. I had called with a problem and decided to complain about our local store and was told by two different individuals that they had no say over a local store. If I had a complaint there, I needed to go to the manager. The problem in this case was that the manager was the problem.That has been nearly two years ago and I have not had any problems since switching to a different store if I need walk in service.
    you could always take a hammer to their display phones to demonstrate your frustration...
    Currently using: Sprint Treo 650!!
    Palm Pilot - Palm V- Handspring Visor - Samsung i500 - Treo 600
  7.    #7  
    I'm fairly certain that breaking things wouldn't do much to further my cause. hahaha
    yes write that letter asap - thats bull crap. I hate when this crap happens and when people can't even crack a smile when dealing with customers. Why even be there if you are gonna be nasty about it? I would be very stern in your letter and send it straight to the top level of Sprint!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Wow, that's a messed up story - I'm sorry you had to deal with that. I agree with the others that you should write a letter to corporate and talk to the store management. I have been very happy with Sprint Internet and phone support and less-so with the stores.

It seems like the store personnel have less customer service training. Of course, whenever I've been in a Sprint store it has been crowded and I imagine it is stressful for store employees dealing with service and equipment issues. Regardless, that is not an excuse for the treatment you experienced. It's good that they let you out without penalty charges - that was the least they could do.

I hope you are treated better with your new provider.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Wow, that's a messed up story - I'm sorry you had to deal with that. I agree with the others that you should write a letter to corporate and talk to the store management. I have been very happy with Sprint Internet and phone support and less-so with the stores.

It seems like the store personnel have less customer service training. Of course, whenever I've been in a Sprint store it has been crowded and I imagine it is stressful for store employees dealing with service and equipment issues. Regardless, that is not an excuse for the treatment you experienced. It's good that they let you out without penalty charges - that was the least they could do.

I hope you are treated better with your new provider.

Actually *I* won't have a new provider. I just reverted to using my work phone account. It was a luxury item for me which I decided I didn't need. (Just looking to get a smartphone on the plan now ... soon.)

My wife went with t-mobile. We'll see how that goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01
    The sales girl said "Don't be *****y, I'll get to you when I am ready."
    That's not customer centric at all!! You are sad to leave sprint?? Wow.
    I refuse to enter a branded store anymore.

1. In my experience, "all carrier stores" can underbid an barnd store. My Treo was $75 cheaper than any branded store.
    2. My treo was $50 cheaper than any on line price I saw, and yes including rebates.
    3. The all carrier store has 1 year contracts insteda of the 2 I was asked to commit to in the singe carrier stores and on line.
    4. Ther eis no reaon for the ale sperson to try and swing you to one acrrier or the other...While he may get a better commission from one or the other, he still amkes money so it is in his interets to keep you happy and keep you coming back.
    I must be the exception here. Every time I go into a Sprint store I get good service, including the few times when I had a phone that developed a problem and needed replacing, and the one time where I lost the CD and got a new laptop. In each case, the store worked with me (including getting a waiver on the last 3 months of my "18 month rebate" time period) and got me what I wanted. Regional issue, maybe?
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
  14.    #14  
    Quite possibly.
    Disappointing though.
    Sorry to hear about your story. I have gone into plenty of Sprint stores and have had no problems....maybe just lucky I guess.
  16.    #16  
    My biggest beef isn't so much with what happened in the store anymore.

I've had to call Sprint about 3 or 4 times now to reverse the cancellation charges (which they keep re-applying!) Each time they ask me what happened, and each time I tell them.

Not a single time did they ever ask me what store it was. Obviously they don't care at a corporate level either.