1.    #1  
    hi guys, i am so frustrated.
    i have the insurance plan with sprint since day 0.
    i have dropped treo 650 more than a few times, but no screen cracks or anything.

PROBLEM: ppl calling me are being directed to voicemail without the phone ringing. previously, this used to happed ONLY when i was surfing internet on treo or using verichat (by the way, is this normal?). NOW, happens all the time. also, friends say they get a few bells, then a wierd fast busy signal as they try to call me. two days ago the phone lost vision access. it often reboots during or after calls. i am soo annoyed. all they do at the sprint store is "reprogram" the damn thing and get it going. i really wanna just get a new one from them but they WONT approve replacement.

********can i myself mess up the OS or something so that they have no choice but to replace??*******

i have no malicously intentions here, just think it's a lil busted up from the inside and wanna start fresh. thanks, ash
    try: "oops! i ran over it with my car"
    how many places have you posted this on the web?
    Quote Originally Posted by ashvash
    hi guys, i am so frustrated.
    i have the insurance plan with sprint since day 0.
    i have dropped treo 650 more than a few times, but no screen cracks or anything.

PROBLEM: ppl calling me are being directed to voicemail without the phone ringing. previously, this used to happed ONLY when i was surfing internet on treo or using verichat (by the way, is this normal?). NOW, happens all the time. also, friends say they get a few bells, then a wierd fast busy signal as they try to call me. two days ago the phone lost vision access. it often reboots during or after calls. i am soo annoyed. all they do at the sprint store is "reprogram" the damn thing and get it going. i really wanna just get a new one from them but they WONT approve replacement.

********can i myself mess up the OS or something so that they have no choice but to replace??*******

i have no malicously intentions here, just think it's a lil busted up from the inside and wanna start fresh. thanks, ash
    I don't think you messed up anything. Can you try and see for a day or even peak calling hours just keep your verichat app turned off (do not let it connect in the background)?
    Have you tried a hard reset to see if the problem still occurs with only the factory software installed? If a hard reset solves it (and I wouldn't be surprised), then it's a software problem. If it still doesn't work right, why not let Sprint reset it. THEN, if it's still not fixed, you can insist on a new phone.

But as of now, you really haven't proved you have a hardware problem with the phone.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Have you tried a hard reset to see if the problem still occurs with only the factory software installed? If a hard reset solves it (and I wouldn't be surprised), then it's a software problem. If it still doesn't work right, why not let Sprint reset it. THEN, if it's still not fixed, you can insist on a new phone.

But as of now, you really haven't proved you have a hardware problem with the phone.
    Do the soft reset -- this happened to me a few months ago. Soft reset fixed the issue.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Keep calling customer sservice with your issues. Try going to a Sprint store in a nice neighborhood.
    mmmm.. I was in the same boat, but then did a little research. My problem was related to the VolumeCare issue with the Vision locking up.

If I had pressed, they probably would have replaced it, but the problem would have persisted. What I'm trying to say is that I almost have to agree with sprint, until it's proving not to be a software issue, it's hard to justify replacing the phone.

On your side, that's their stock answer, so they never want to check the bugger out unless you almost get hostile
    break the headset jack using the radio shack adapter. I did that (on accident) and sprint replaced the phone with no problems.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Let me or someone steal it from you. Or did you happen to LOSE it? I think you lost it because if you did, you'd have a new one in a few days. When I lose about 2 per year, I simply call up the insurance company and tell them. While my "parttime" Sprint phone is temporarily activated, my new (refurb) is on its way.

Why do you think the deductable is so high now? Because we lose our phones. It just happens.
    Doesn't yet sound like it's broken just FUBAR'd. What happens after a hard reset ?
    Reset the phone to factory settings and don't hotsync back for a day. If rollover to voicemail still happens with no data activity, something is wrong with the phone. If rollover to vmail stops, you may have a 3rd party app or utility that is causing the problem. Verify by Hotsyncing back your apps and see if it starts up again.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by CRSO
    Let me or someone steal it from you. Or did you happen to LOSE it? I think you lost it because if you did, you'd have a new one in a few days. When I lose about 2 per year, I simply call up the insurance company and tell them. While my "parttime" Sprint phone is temporarily activated, my new (refurb) is on its way.

Why do you think the deductable is so high now? Because we lose our phones. It just happens.
    Have you ever considered gluing a clapper alarm to your phone? Seriously. That's a lot of lost phones. Good on you if they take it, but that seems a bit excessive.

On the other hand, I am on treo 650 number 4 right now. Seems that everytime I take it to my sprint store to fix... well whatever I did to it, the tech comes out and says he can do nothing for my phone. He then gives me a new one on the spot.
    <-Jumping ship on the Palm Pre and getting the HTC EVO...So far that's the 650, 800w, the Pro, Pre and soon the HTC EVO...