1.    #1  
    Please help! Even though there is a similar thread already posted (see below), I'm starting a new one because I haven't gotten any feedback yet, and I need more explicit instructions on how to do it with the Verizon set-up.

I really need some information on how to turn the net access off of a 650 being used with Verizon. I don't want to use the data part. I just want a combo cell phone/pda. I've already got the phone, but I don't want to activitate it until I'm sure I can disable the net access.

I hope you can help! Thanks!

Kamila

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Indicator
    Try entering ##3282# - that should open the menu for your network connectivity settings. Just type a bunch of nonsense in there and the device will not be able to connect. I think you will need your MSL for this, though.
    (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...606#post865606)
    Many times they have no idea they can do this in the store. They told me I couldn't even buy one without having a data plan... the phone wouldn't work.

Call Verizon (*611) and ask for tech support or go through the prompts. No one else there seems to know what they're doing either. Just tell them to disable National Access on the phone. They can do it without having the phone in their hands.

They can also do it in the store. I went in and they said they couldn't, but then I told them that tech support said they could. They had to call a help line to find out how. If you have the phone already, your best bet is to just call them and have them disable it.

My VZW phone works great.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks SO much. We just did it, no problem. I can finally heave a sigh of relief that this gift to my boyfriend is not going to backfire.

Happy New Year, and thanks again!

Kamila
    Quote Originally Posted by jlukasavige
    Many times they have no idea they can do this in the store. They told me I couldn't even buy one without having a data plan... the phone wouldn't work.

Call Verizon (*611) and ask for tech support or go through the prompts. No one else there seems to know what they're doing either. Just tell them to disable National Access on the phone. They can do it without having the phone in their hands.

They can also do it in the store. I went in and they said they couldn't, but then I told them that tech support said they could. They had to call a help line to find out how. If you have the phone already, your best bet is to just call them and have them disable it.

My VZW phone works great.
    If you get it dissabled, would you still be able to use MOA? I'm currently doing that and it appears that it's working, but I'd like to get rid of data totally to make sure that my setting doesn't switch back for any reason.