Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    It did on my verizon....
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
    Yes, it does.
    On Sptint set a speed dial button to dial: 11aaaaaaaaaa then set up extra digets to automatically dial ***bbbbbbbbbb#xxxx#
    11 allows you to dial into someone elses voice mail directly
    aaaaaaaaaa is another Sprint number (PCS 2 PCS is free)
    *** will allow you to enter your PCS number bbbbbbbbbb and xxxx is your 4 digit pin. This method saves me about 10min/day or300min/mo.
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leardvr
    On Sptint set a speed dial button to dial: 11aaaaaaaaaa then set up extra digets to automatically dial ***bbbbbbbbbb#xxxx#
    11 allows you to dial into someone elses voice mail directly
    aaaaaaaaaa is another Sprint number (PCS 2 PCS is free)
    *** will allow you to enter your PCS number bbbbbbbbbb and xxxx is your 4 digit pin. This method saves me about 10min/day or300min/mo.

1. can someone verify this? sounds too good to be true.
    2. PCS to PCS is not free. not on the fair and flex plan. it is an extra charge, i believe.
    1.04-SPNT
    Quote Originally Posted by ike301
    1. can someone verify this? sounds too good to be true.
    2. PCS to PCS is not free. not on the fair and flex plan. it is an extra charge, i believe.
    Yes, it works.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    just remember you need be have pcs 2 pcs or there is no point to this.
    It doesn't on VZW if you change your voice mail from *86 to your own number. You voicemail will pick up right away since you're on the phone, then type # plus your 4-digit pin. No charge if you have IN-calling.
    jlukasavige: I do not agree with your statement about VZW. Can you verify this with your bill? My understanding with VZW is the following:

1. You will be charged per-minute peak usage (during peak times) to call your voicemail from your mobile number, either using *86 or by dialing your ten-digit mobile number.

2. You will not be charged per-minute peak usage to check your voicemail during off-peak or weekend times

3. You will not be charged per-minute peak, off-peak, weekend, or any type of usage charges for calling your voice mail from a landline phone.
    I will check my bill when I get back to the office. But I believe my VM checking is included on the IN-Network side of the billing. If not, I will start checking my voicemail from my wife's VZW phone and have her check hers from mine.
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    ok, how do i check from a landline? i tried this, but there was no option to go into my voicemail...
    1.04-SPNT
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSuits
    I will check my bill when I get back to the office. But I believe my VM checking is included on the IN-Network side of the billing. If not, I will start checking my voicemail from my wife's VZW phone and have her check hers from mine.
    As far as I know, that will work. If you call her cell and she doesn't answer, you can route yourself to your own voicemail using IN-Network.

Ike301 - I don't know how it works on Sprint but on VZW, we can call our own cell number from a landline, don't answer with it rings. When VM picks up, press pound (#).
    It's different from Verizon--

To check your Sprint voice mail from a land line, dial your cell # from the land line...ignore the call on your cell...then when VM picks up, press the * key.

No peak cell charges.
    Exterminate!

Palm Pilot-> Palm Pilot 1MG upgrade-> Palm IIIx-> Visor Deluxe-> Visor Prism-> Clie N610c-> Verizon Kyocera 7135-> Verizon Treo 600-> Sprint Treo 650 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Touch -> Sprint Diamond
    Long thread here on dialing voicemail FREE

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=69554
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)