1.    #1  
    I just received a warranty replacement from Verizon. I'm sure it's a refurb but appears to be in perfect shape. Anyway, the first thing I did was put on a screen protector, and the second thing I did was check the SW version to see whether I needed to update (I was hoping not). Well lo and behold, it's SW version 1.04a-VZW. I called Verizon to inquire about the a and the CSR conferenced in a rep from Palm but neither knew what the a signified. Obviously it's some sort of update, but no one seems to know anything about it.
    I just got my Insurance Claim replacement today - and it has SW 1.04a-VZW as well.. I saw your post not long after you posted.. and did not think much of it, as I had recently updated my Treo650 go 1.04-VZW.. I sort of filed it away in the back of my mind, when this past weekend I had an accident with my Treo650 that resulted in a busted screen.. as soon as I booted up the replacement today, I thought - let me look to see if they sent me a refurb with the latest firmware.. sure enough - it was later than the latest??

I am surprised no one else has responded to you post..
    - Sean

Verizon Treo 650
    - Versamail for Exchange Mail & Calendar / Yahoo / GMail
    - VZN Wireless Sync for my Exchange contacts..
    NO CABLES!!