I just got a new 650 via earthlink. I liked the services and price they offered so I thought, what the heck? I understand they use CDMA and work off of sprint's phone lines.

Since I've gotten it, my reception has been poor. I get at most 3 out of 4 bars, I get 2 at work, and either 1 or complete loss of signal in my house.

On my old T-Mobile phone receiption was almost perfect in all the places I just mentioned.

Earthlink has no available updates and the palm is running 5.4.7. I am also reading the sites and hearding that sprint updates their network rather frequently, and that after those networks are updated, if a phone doesn't have the appropriate update, reception can be impacted.

Called earthlink, asked them how reception could be improved, and found that they couldn't do much and gave me an excuse that a tower might be down. Granted I only owned the phone for 3 days, but I want to be sure I'm covering everything on my end as well.

So does anyone have any ideas? Know of any ways to see if it's my phone not being up to 5.4.8 or something like that?