1.    #1  
    My company has bought me a cell phone. I really don't need a personal cell any more (or the expense for that matter).

Rather than cancel my Sprint cell and my Treo ... is there any "data only" plans by Sprint so I could still use e-mail and VeriChat and just not use voice. (Or pay by the minute if I do?)

... just curious.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    www.sprintpcs.com It's cheaper to get a voice plan with unlimted data that an data only plan. The data plans are $60 last time I looked.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mg48
    www.sprintpcs.com It's cheaper to get a voice plan with unlimted data that an data only plan. The data plans are $60 last time I looked.
    I'll check with the dealer to see if they can do anything. If that's the only option I'll end up cancelling the service. (Sadly)
    I think Tmo offers a data only plan for $30/month I recall. If you can switch to a unlocked gsm 650, that might be the solution for you...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    ask your company if you can give them back the phone/plan they gave you and if you can simply get reimbursed a fixed $ amount every month. ask them what they pay for you every month for this new phone and ask if you can simply have that as an expense max if you submit your cell bill every month to the company. tell them you need your treo and need to carry one device. make your case. who knows - maybe it's even cheaper for them.

i personally never want to carry more than one device ever again.

good luck.
    Why not Sprint's 29.99 plan with 10 dollar Vision access pack? Grand total of 39.99. Just for comparison Verizon or Cingular's cheapest voice/unlimited data combo: at least 80 bucks.