Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Here is my story and I sure hope a Verizon user can help. I just started working for Verizon, I got the Motorola e815 cause right now I still carry my Cingular 6515, which replaced my Cingular Treo650. I am thinking about getting a 650 again but with Verizon, but I don't want to have some of the issues I had with my Cingular one. The Cingular one, I only used it for data cause I was not impressed with the call quality. I have noticed that the quality on my Moto is great! Couldn't be happier. I also was not impressed with the stability, I had resets alot, that I am sure is a Palm thing and I guess I can live with that. Its more voice issues and bluetooth issues, as well as volume issues. I need to use this as a phone and a PDA I just want to hear what kind of luck and experience Verizon users have had with the 650 and if I should get that, and not have to carry 2 phones anymore. Thanks to all the Verizon users that offer their opinion.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I have been a loyal Verizon User for years, and upgraded to the 600 when it was first available. Loved it, but wanted more. As soon as the 650 was available, I upgraded. Better screen, bluetooth, etc. I have not had any problems with reception, although I do notice my phone will lose service where other regular cell phones don't. It has never been an issue for me.

As far as resets go, I really do not reset that often, and I use the verizon push e-mail, as well as express, and some other programs.

The only complaint I have is with the sound on the ear speaker. I tried volume care, and while a great program, interfered with my express set up ( I think).

I would recommend it, or if you can wait, the new treos are due out early next year.
    Visit My Blog

My website -- EsquireTech Solutions
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I bought a Verizon Treo (hardware B, software 1.03) a couple of weeks ago and I have been very happy so far. I mostly use the built in apps (with a few exceptions, Verichat, DA, Timesheet) and I have not had any resets so far. The stability is much better then I was expecting considering all the complaints one hears about the Treo. Reception has been fine, but I have not really tried it out in any low signal areas. Hopefully you can get a cheap employee data plan!
    Last edited by ethant; 12/01/2005 at 05:22 PM. Reason: spelling..
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I've been on Verizon's Treo since August when I replaced a Kyocera 7135. I have the unlimited data and use Wirelesssynch (push) extensively. I've been thrilled. About the only resets I have is when using "experimental" software such as alternative browsers. I never have understood the need for volumecare because my volume on the earspeaker as well as the speakerphone is great. Anyway, I'd highly recommend going for the Treo with Verizon.
    verizon treo 650, hardware b, ROM 1.03, purchased August 2005.

no problems, no resets, very stable.

the key to stability is simple:

1. stick with a quality carrier like Verizon.
    2. make sure you get hardware B and ROM 1.03 or later. waiting 1-2 ROM updates after intro of a new device usually helps.
    3. if upgrading from another Palm, do a complete uninstall and then a reinstall the palm software with the treo's INCLUDED CD. do not try to just sync your treo with your old palm's software.
    4. don't install a bunch of hacks and untested 3rd party apps/crap that you don't even need. test necessary 3rd party apps and remove each one if necessary. BUT - KEEP IT RELATIVELY SIMPLE.
    5. always leave a few MB of RAM free. I have about 5MB free and I literally have THOUSANDS of Contacts, Dates, Memos on my device.

my verizon treo 650 is STABLE/BULLETPROOF. it's a great device. and it's great to be able to carry just ONE device and have ALL my data with me.

best wishes and good luck!
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    So I am going to go back to the Treo, Right now I carry my e815, a HP 6515 and a Sidekick 2, and they all three have their uses, but I just don't see the point to carry the Moto and the HP, if I can go back to a Treo and combine those two. The more I thought about it, all I do on my HP is read ebooks, and surf sites like Treocentral and Engadget. I also listen to MP3's all things that I know the Treo does fine, I guess the audio just made me nervous but we shall see, from what you folks here on the site have said, I should have no problem what so ever. I am looking forward to just having the two devices.

I do plan on keeping it simple, a few basic and legit games like Tradewinds, Warefare Inc. Legit apps like pTunes and Butler, and Ringo. Thats really about it, and of course ereader or Palm Reader whatever they call that. I might get Chatter for my AOL mail, I use the Sidekick for mail but I have two AOL accounts and it would be great to have that Push that Chatter gives.

Thanks for everyone who offered their input
    Quote Originally Posted by iramike
    Here is my story and I sure hope a Verizon user can help. I just started working for Verizon, I got the Motorola e815 cause right now I still carry my Cingular 6515, which replaced my Cingular Treo650. I am thinking about getting a 650 again but with Verizon, but I don't want to have some of the issues I had with my Cingular one. The Cingular one, I only used it for data cause I was not impressed with the call quality. I have noticed that the quality on my Moto is great! Couldn't be happier. I also was not impressed with the stability, I had resets alot, that I am sure is a Palm thing and I guess I can live with that. Its more voice issues and bluetooth issues, as well as volume issues. I need to use this as a phone and a PDA I just want to hear what kind of luck and experience Verizon users have had with the 650 and if I should get that, and not have to carry 2 phones anymore. Thanks to all the Verizon users that offer their opinion.
    If you're coming from an E815, prepare for a HUGE loss in signal strength with the Treo 650. I don't even get reception in places where I had at least three bars before with the V710. The E815 and V710 are known to have the best signal strength among the Verizon Wireless phones. The Treo 650 is somewhere near the bottom, along with the LGs.
    I also work for verizon and have a 650. needed it for my position. Have had it since it was available and i love it. go with versamail over intilisync and you will be much happier. i had a moto prior to the switch and believe my signal strength did not suffer. all depends on your area, im in NE so population density is a benifit here. good luck
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    For those that have a Verizon 650, do you have issues when you are connected to the net, like when using Verichat or if you leave the browser connected? For some reason if I stay connected to the National Network if I recieve a text or am just navigating around it resets. I upgraded to the most recent rom, I don't have any third party crap installed. I don't remember my GSM 650 doing that, its not a big deal I just won't use the data that much or anything I am just curious. Now I didn't buy it new from Verizon, could I still go into a store for an exchange, this is a question no one has been able to answer. Thanks for everyone's input!