Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mg48
    Very strange stuff is going on here. I got my activated 1 yr ago 650 covered for the reduced $3 a month fee by calling the lockline number I posted earlier in this thread. Maybe it is area specific or something. I rarely understand anything Sprint does but Ihave a great plan that I haven't changed for over 5 years so I don't ask too many questions. I am on a business plan maybe that is the difference.

Sorry no flyer. I looked for it the when I first post to the Thread but it was gone already. I only had the number in my calendar to call.

Well there's two different plans here...

One is the $6/month total ERP which now apparently includes in store repairs etc in addition to accidental damage etc. The other is the $3/month plan. I'm not certain the exact difference between the plans but I think the $3 plan might not include accidental damage? Anyway, they just changed the plan recently so I'm not totally clear about this...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Well there's two different plans here...

One is the $6/month total ERP which now apparently includes in store repairs etc in addition to accidental damage etc. The other is the $3/month plan. I'm not certain the exact difference between the plans but I think the $3 plan might not include accidental damage? Anyway, they just changed the plan recently so I'm not totally clear about this...
    When I spoke to Lockline, they told me the $3 plan could be added for instore repairs that are not covered by a warranty. But if you drop the phone, or lose it, its stolen, etc., you are out of luck. It basically only covers mechanical defects or failures of the phone during normal use, not catastrophic damage or loss. I could be wrong about the accidental damage, but I am pretty sure it is not included, which is why the plan is cheaper.

I Could not believe that some Treo 300's are going on Ebay for over $100, many can be had cheaper, but jeese!
    I sold TWO of my old 300's in the marketplace thread here for about $30!!!! I should have held on to one for an occassion like this, had I only known!

Anyhow, I did manage to buy one on ebay for $40. So, when it comes I will activate it, wait a couple of days and reactivate my 650. Ebay Tip; Try buying things using Buy it now and sort by newly listed to snap up good deals like on my new-old Treo.

Will let you all know if this venture is successful.
  3.    #23  
    Well, spent a miserable hour and 40 minutes at the Sprint store getting it the 300 activated, but the old 300 is active. Will wait a few days before activating my old 650. Oh, how I miss thee!
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    i had the same problem, they refused to add protection plan to my treo because 30 days rule. some short time after that my treo had a hw problem and i took it to sprint store. I've got a replacement phone and called the protection peopleagain - they added me without any problem - i guess the ESN trick should work
  5.    #25  
    Well, after 4 miserable days using an old Treo 300 I bought off ebay, I called to reactivate my 650 today and Sprint Customer Service added the insurance without a question!!

So, it really is just a stupid loophole in the policy. I mean, to deny insurance until the end of time to a customer willing to pay just because of the 30 days of use is clearly not a well thought out rule. If they had their act together, they would amend the policy to allow customers to have the phone checked out by a sprint tech before adding insurance to a post-30 day use phone.

Treocentral Forum does it again!!

Well after reading this thread I just made it under the 30 days, 27 days to be exact....It's $6 bucks but it's got to be worth it. I don't have much luck with phones.

But let me say this trying to hold a conversation with someone from half way across the world is ludcrious. The worst of it is they get annoyed because you can't understand them. At first they redirected me to Lockline which if you go to lockline they will only offer you the $3 BS insurance which I almost signed up for, I caught on at the last second. Boy do I try at all costs to NOT have to call Sprint.
    Last edited by vikingjunior; 12/18/2005 at 07:39 PM.
    I went into the Sprint store today because my Treo 600 was having the battery/No Service issue. They didn't have a Tech in today so told me to go to the store down the street to get it swapped. He said my warranty is out, but if I add the $3/mo ESRP the other store will swap it out. I had him add it to my account. Went to the other store and the Tech said the phone was bad. They didn't have any in stock and the replacement one will be in next week.

They mentioned that they'll let you sign up for the ESRP now thru 31 Dec, but after that you can't sign up after the fact; you'll have to sign up when you purchase it or before the warranty expires. If you don't have it you may want to get it before the end of the year.
    Bo Meyer
    Visor 90 --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 700p
    Mac OS X
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomeyer
    He said my warranty is out, but if I add the $3/mo ESRP the other store will swap it out. I had him add it to my account.

They mentioned that they'll let you sign up for the ESRP now thru 31 Dec, but after that you can't sign up after the fact; you'll have to sign up when you purchase it or before the warranty expires. If you don't have it you may want to get it before the end of the year.
    It just goes to show that its the luck of the draw with who you deal with and whether they are willing to add insurance on the phones at any time. Yes, there is a 30-day rule that has been confirmed by multiple people in this posting, Sprint Customer service on the phone and in the store, and by Lockline, the insurance company.

However, all that can be obviated by a mouseclick on a computer screen by a willing customer service rep at the store, who probably gets a commission!
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I want to thank you guys for this post. Two months ago I was denied lock/line on my 600. Now they accepted me. I have been having the dropped call/no service issue and can't wait for the coverage to start!
    Glad it worked out. My replacement comes in on Wed (I hope it's new).
    Bo Meyer
    Mac OS X
    I work for sprint the reason that we cant add it is not something that sprint says it is Lockline ( the insurance company that sprint used). We can go into your plan and ad tep wich is esrp+erp for $6 dollars but then when lockline sees that your phone was added after 30 days in there system they will deny it because they are very strict about it, so that decision really has nothing to do with sprint if we could we would add it for you guys because its not coming out of sprints pocket it comes out of locklines. and by the way the $3 esrp covers basically everything except water damage and lost/stollen. Hopefully that clears some stuff up.
    My ESRP replacement 600 came today. Looks new, but probably refurb. Swap out at the store took 5 mins. One hotsynch and now back in business. Good job Sprint.
    Bo Meyer
    Mac OS X
    Can you tell me how you were able to enter a comma into the speed dial number field? I can't get it to go in... thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by leardvr
    Set up a speed dial button to dial this:
    11xxxxxxxxxx,**,aaaaaaaaaa,,zzzz
    11 delivers you directly to a persons voice mail.
    x's are someone else's Sprint number (with area code)
    ** will prompt system to allow you to enter your number
    a's are your Sprint number
    z's are your voice mail PIN
    the ',' is a 1 second pause.

Sprint PCS to PCS is free. It's a bit of a hack but it saves me about 300min/mo
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    Here try this...if you have an old sprint phone, do a temporary ESN swap! Swap your phone for a couple days, and then after a short period of time swap your ESN again back to your Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    When you try to activate an old phone, Sprint CSR will know that it is a use phone via the ESN, thus there is no way of fooling them unless you do something like ESN cloning which IS illegal!
    How do you do a "temporary ESN swap" without ESN cloning?
    Temporary ESN swap just means switch phones temporarily. For example, say you currently have a Sprint Touch and did not get insurance and its beyond the 30 day period to add it. Now lets say you have an old Sprint Treo 650 laying around. You either go to a Sprint store or call them to switch the Treo 650 as your active phone. Now that you have done that, you have 30 days to add insurance to that phone. Once you have done that, you contact them again and switch back to your Touch (in this example). Insurance is attached to the phone line so it will transfer to the Touch.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12