Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Ok, this is NOT a scam thread, but i've been hearing all these people getting free stuff - like free text messages lifetime, free 6PM start, free this, free that.

How? Any cool stories or ways to 'ease' in some freebies???
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
    Quote Originally Posted by ike301
    Ok, this is NOT a scam thread, but i've been hearing all these people getting free stuff - like free text messages lifetime, free 6PM start, free this, free that.

Maybe this should be in the CDMA-US topic area?
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    bump
    1.04-SPNT
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Maybe this should be in the CDMA-US topic area?

Agreed. Whoa! Who woulda thunk I agreed with something dathomas said huh?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions

Most people get these deal via retention plans when their current contracts expire. Checkout the forums at howardforums.com for more info on the best retention plans being offerred currently...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Well for me I read in the thread about how some people had gotten great deals and was receiving problems. Another person had said that so and so codes should have been applied to their system. So I called up sprint and just sounded stupid on the phone saying that I just signed up and when I signed up I was told I would get this and this and that. The representative will start to hold a conversation with you.

Here's how mine went.

"Thank you for calling sprint how can I help you?"
    "Um i'm calling because there's a mistake on my plan."
    "No problem sir let me get you phone number so I can lookup your account."
    "*gives personal info*"
    "Ok sir, I see you have the pcs free and clear 500, that includes 500 anytime blah blah blah..........."
    "that's correct but what about my free internet, I was told when I signed up I would have free internet for the term of my contract"
    "Sir I do not see anything regarding free internet."
    "But I was told I would get free internet, hold on lemme find the email that explains this."
    "No problem"
    *fake pause* "Ok here we go. My plan is supposed to include a code on my account. GESupraVision or something like that."
    "You mean GESupravision?"
    "yah that's it did I say that right?"
    "Yes sir I will note this to your account."
    "*plays dumb* so is this like a promo or something thats been going on? what is gesupravision anyway?"
    "It's a General Supversiory credit for vision services. Ok sir you're all set. is there anyhtihng else I can help you with?"
    "Yah I saw you have a promo for free nights and weekends, I just signed up 2 weeks ago, can I qualify for that too?"
    "Sure I can add that to your account"
    "Anything else?"
    "No"
    "Ok Sir just to confirm, we are adding the code to your account and also enrolling you for free nights and weekends starting at 7pm. Is there anything else I can help you with?"
    "Yes one more thing, how do I know for sure that the credit will reflect on my bill?"
    "It will be listed under vision services for a credit of 15$ per month. You can also check online via sprint.com, look under your plan, It will say Sprint Vision Business Pack. Below it will say PCS Advantage ##/##/####. The ##/##/#### is the date that your supervisory credits will expire."
    "Thanks alot!"
    "You're welcome, thank you for calling sprint."
    "Thank you, goodye"
    "Goodbye"

As to whether that code still works I don't know but it worked a charm when I signed up months back.

Here's the plan I squeezed out of sprint.

Treo 6500->PPC6600->back to 650
    500 Anytime minutes
    7pm n&w
    Free Vision Business edition with Sprint Business connection
    Free text (with vision)
    Free picturemail (with vision)
    20% off monthly services

I pay about 38$ a month after taxes.

I love sprint.
    Only way I know of how to get extras for free is complain. All of my complaints have been valid. I got a free in-home repeater that way, got nights and weekends at 7pm for free, first incoming minute free for free. I got my 1000 minute retention plan with free pcs to pcs for free as well. I even got my treo 650 for free that way too cause I had 2 Treo 600s go bad on me within 2 months. This was not all at once, I havent called sprint in almost a year, but when problems come up I do call and make sure its documented so when the problem persists they know how long it has been going on.

I also have a 25% off a month discount off my total bill every month. but that wasnt for free. Its a business discount for working for Hewlett Packard.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    Only way I know of how to get extras for free is complain. All of my complaints have been valid. I got a free in-home repeater that way, got nights and weekends at 7pm for free, first incoming minute free for free. I got my 1000 minute retention plan with free pcs to pcs for free as well. I even got my treo 650 for free that way too cause I had 2 Treo 600s go bad on me within 2 months. This was not all at once, I havent called sprint in almost a year, but when problems come up I do call and make sure its documented so when the problem persists they know how long it has been going on.

I also have a 25% off a month discount off my total bill every month. but that wasnt for free. Its a business discount for working for Hewlett Packard.
    what kinda complaints? =)
    1.04-SPNT
    what kinda complaints? =)
    Valid ones....