1.    #1  
    I know that verizon had some holidays where subscribers could talk free. Does anyone have a list. I tried their website but was unsuccessful. I also searched here. I was curious if thanksgiving was one of those holidays
    Here's the answer you're looking for:
    Quote Originally Posted by my July 2005 Verizon bill
    Calls on Holidays
    Beginning on September 1, all calls sent and received on national holidays - New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day - will be billed according to the time of day, and the day of the week, they occur. Airtime charges will apply to such calls in accordance with your calling plan. With IN, calls to other Verizon Wireless customers will remain free, and so will calls on nights and weekends if your calling plan includes that feature. Please consult your Customer Agreement for information about changes to your service.
    yeah one of the few perks with verizon besides excellent coverage
    big discussion over at wirelessadvisor.com
    So that sounds like there are no free holidays? Bah humbug. Like they are gonna go out of business for giving subscribers a free day or two to call family/loved ones.

Typical corporate accounting BS. Wonder how the person that changed that policy sleeps at night? Jeez.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    Typical corporate accounting BS. Wonder how the person that changed that policy sleeps at night? Jeez.
    With his eyes shut?

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
    it's that guy that goes around asking "can you hear me now?!" ....
    he used up all the free minutes...
    I was upset at first but don't mind it cause Verizon was the only company to offer it.
    Oh well.
    Verizon's just following suit like all the other companies out there.