1.    #1  
    i get it in the mail try the *228 and it wont program, so i call up verizon tech support, they have me give the esn etc i eventualy get the phone working by manuel programing via #*#000000# however the roaming sign and internet is still not up.. its been about a week and atleast 7 hours of run around on tech support with verizon resting the phone to factory defaults etc, thus i am posting here about it.

now before you tell me i should try and get a better signal, I was in a verizon store with max bars at one time tring to program the phone via *22899 which failed... and failed a lot. The store i was in had me call their tech support whats up with that? Anywho i am fairly fustrated that i cannot get it functioning after i have payed for the dam things internet.

i have heard talk about flashing the prl to fix it and get access to the network, how would i go about and do this? Flashing the phone at the store wasnt an option, the guy on the tech support had me ask them, they said no.

I've been to palms site and installed 1.04 of verizons software that didn't help any either.

suggestions?

Thanks
    Sounds to me like you got a bad Treo. Maybe one of the chips is corrupted or something. I have a Sprint Treo sitting here that will only dial sometimes, but initially (right after this problem started) it wouldn't dial at all. It just sat on the dialing screen until it timed out.

Since, I bit the bullet and bought a new Verizon Treo to use. (I had verizonized the sprint version)
  3.    #3  
    apprently there was 2 phone numbers set up on the same esn which was causeing the problem with the program number, and it took them this long to figure it out lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Doomherald-
    apprently there was 2 phone numbers set up on the same esn which was causeing the problem with the program number, and it took them this long to figure it out lol.
    Welcome to Verizon. Worst damn carrier in America in my opinion.
    On another note, I would sugeest next time posting something like this in a more "technologically geared" section of the forums. Maybe the Treo 650 forum. You might have gotten more results. I mean, if you're gonna be my "herald" you can't be making me look bad. With a name like
    "-Doomherald-" everything you do is gonna reflect on me.
    And next time announce me when I enter a forum. That's what I'm paying you for!!!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.