1.    #1  
    Just updated and it says version 1.12 spcs but my memory is still low. Free space on phone is 6.9M of 23.7
    Do you have a question? If you do what is it exactly and please give abundant information so we may easily answer it.
    tem...he said his memory is low.
    oic
    Seriously though Norm my best shot in the dark guess is that you upgraded from 1.08 to 1.12 and expected a memory fix which was the case from 1.03 to 1.08. But there was no further memory fix in ROM 1.12.

If you went from 1.03 to 1.12 then yes you should see a memory fix. If you did not then I would have to ask:

1) Are you sure you started with 1.03?
    2) Are yo sure you successfully updated to 1.12? I know you said "it" says 1.12 but is "it" the "phone info" on the actual phone?
    3) Do you have the same 16.8 megs of apps pre update as post update?

C'mon through us a bone,,,, we live to serve,,,, allow us to do so
  6.    #6  
    I upgraded from 1.03 to 1.12 and felt that the increase in free space was the major reason for this update. While I am not sure what my free memory was before the update the increase, if any, was negligable.
    To get the phone free space I hit the green button, menu, optios & phone info. My phone# & PCS vision showed before the update but not after. Most of the posts I've seen after the update report substantial increase in free memory. What part does the number of installed apps play?
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    If you've had the phone for a while, try purging your call log. Go into the call log from the phone app, menu, Purge... and remove as much as you feel comfortable with removing. This database stores all calls from when you first start making/receiving/missing them, and doesn't automatically purge. I think that this DB also isn't much affected by the upgrade, so perhaps this is the cause of the major memory problems...
    Quote Originally Posted by norm27
    While I am not sure what my free memory was before the update the increase, if any, was negligable.
    It is then impossible to say that you did not gain free memory.

To get the phone free space I hit the green button, ?
    No that does not show free memory.
    menu, optios & phone info. My phone# & PCS vision showed before the update but not after.
    You must have looked at this with the phone radio off. Turn the phone radio on then look again.
    Ya know, we could help you with your set up so that you would have a lot more free memory if you could tell us what 3rd party programs you have internal.

Just a couple tips:
    1) move all pictures and videos to the card
    2) place all read only databases on the card
    3) Move programs (prc files) to the card that:
    a) do not use the palms clock
    b) do not need to interface with the desktop during hotsync
    c) do not run in the background or depend on hard buttons or command bar such as:
    i) spellcheck
    ii launchers
    iii) system hacks (lights, auto on/off,
    iiii) ptunes, alert managers etc...

If you have any questions let us know