Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 190
Like Tree35Likes
  1.    #1  
    Edit: 2011-12-14
    Attached source code for Network Drives app - see attachments below.

    Edit: 2011-11-27
    Uploaded version 1.0.2 with optional profile settings for read and write speeds and whether to mount as read-write (default) or read-only. YMMV with the read and write speeds as I've not got much to test against to see what difference they make.
    Also included are some script optimisations provided by the far cleverer than I, Error 454. Thanks!

    Edit: 2011-11-08
    Uploaded version 1.0.1 with minor cosmetic fixes for Pre3 devices running UberKernel 2.2.0-11 or higher.

    Edit: 2011-11-08
    I've just installed UberKernel 2.2.0-11 (now with added CIFS!) on my Pre3 and managed to map a drive with version 1.0.0 of Drive Mapper. There are a few cosmetic issues that need tweaking for the smaller screen size though. I'll aim to address these in "the coming [days/weeks]"

    Edit: 2011-10-20
    Updated known issues to include USB mode blocking issue.
    Updated usage for Internalz Pro and shares appearing in other webOS apps.

    Attached is the first alpha release of an Enyo app "Network Drives" which aims to take the pain (and command line) out of mounting and unmounting network drives. This has been put together with the help of others on the forum. It's free. It may end the universe as we know it so be careful out there

    Requirements:
    A few brave (wo)men to try out the app. It's alpha at the minute so if it doesn't work then no shouting please
    Not to expect files in mounted shares to be available to all apps on the device. webOS doesn't work like that and you probably wouldn't want it to - just imagine the time it would take the webOS media indexer to index all of your photos and music!
    A TouchPad.
    A TouchPad running UberKernel (other homebrew kernels with SMB / CIFS support included may work but are untested at this time).
    Preware / Inernalz *Pro* or webOS Quick Install.
    A network share (currently only tested against Windows shares) to try mounting to.
    Maybe something else I've forgotten...

    Installation:
    Download the attached zip file, extract the ipk file inside it and either save it to your: device (install it with Preware or Internalz Pro) or your PC (install it with webOS Quick Install.
    Go through the motions to install the ipk (search forum for help with this if need be).

    Usage:
    Once installed look for the Network Drives icon to launch the app.
    Tap the "Add profile..." item in the main list (or the "+" item in the lower toolbar).
    Give the profile a name and enter the rest of the relevant configuration data for the network share e.g. server/sharename, user name and password etc.
    When entering the "Drive Path" note that this is a path relative to /media/internal (the USB drive). The app will check for the path entered and offer to create it if it's not found. Examples would be (without the quotes) "shares/music", "network pics" etc.
    Save the profile and be returned to the list.
    Tapping on a profile in the main list will attempt to mount the share if it's not already mounted (no tick against the profile) or unmount it when it is already mounted (has a tick against it).
    To view mounted shares in Internalz Pro you need to go in to the app settings and tick the show hidden files setting.
    For mounted shares to appear in other webOS apps the app has to be run at least once after a reboot before mounting the share for this magic to happen. Silly, I know, but it's a webOS app jail thing.

    Technobabble:
    The app uses a custom node service to call exec to run the command line to mount / unmount a drive. Script gods can look in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/com.nelsun.networkdrives.node/scripts for the 2 scripts in question.
    Each script attempts to mount / unmount the share under the "Drive Path" folder and each app that has a jail on the device. The upshot of this is that certain other apps (ones that use a custom service to browse local files) should be able to access the files once mounted. At this time there are only a very few that can do this e.g. Gemini File Manager, TouchPlayer.

    Known issues:
    Drives mounted and accessible to other jailed apps are read-only. the script does try and mount them as read-write... but they're read-only. Hmph.
    Even when all previously mounted drives have been unmounted the device is unable to enter USB mode. Something somewhere unbeknownst to me is locking the file system thus preventing USB mode. Rebooting the TouchPad will let you activate USB mode.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Norf; 12/14/2011 at 06:44 AM.
  2.    #2  
    reserved
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Norf View Post
    Attached is the first alpha release of an Enyo app "Network Drives" which aims to take the pain (and command line) out of mounting and unmounting network drives. This has been put together with the help of others on the forum. It's free. It may end the universe as we know it so be careful out there

    Requirements:
    A few brave (wo)men to try out the app. It's alpha at the minute so if it doesn't work then no shouting please
    Not to expect files in mounted shares to be available to all apps on the device. webOS doesn't work like that and you probably wouldn't want it to - just imagine the time it would take the webOS media indexer to index all of your photos and music!
    A TouchPad.
    A TouchPad running UberKernel (other homebrew kernels with SMB / CIFS support included may work but are untested at this time).
    Preware / Inernalz *Pro* or webOS Quick Install.
    A network share (currently only tested against Windows shares) to try mounting to.
    Maybe something else I've forgotten...

    Installation:
    Download the attached zip file, extract the ipk file inside it and either save it to your: device (install it with Preware or Internalz Pro) or your PC (install it with webOS Quick Install.
    Go through the motions to install the ipk (search forum for help with this if need be).

    Usage:
    Once installed look for the Network Drives icon to launch the app.
    Tap the "Add profile..." item in the main list (or the "+" item in the lower toolbar).
    Give the profile a name and enter the rest of the relevant configuration data for the network share e.g. server/sharename, user name and password etc.
    When entering the "Drive Path" note that this is a path relative to /media/internal (the USB drive). The app will check for the path entered and offer to create it if it's not found. Examples would be (without the quotes) "shares/music", "network pics" etc.
    Save the profile and be returned to the list.
    Tapping on a profile in the main list will attempt to mount the share if it's not already mounted (no tick against the profile) or unmount it when it is already mounted (has a tick against it).

    Technobabble:
    The app uses a custom node service to call exec to run the command line to mount / unmount a drive. Script gods can look in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/com.nelsun.networkdrives.node/scripts for the 2 scripts in question.
    Each script attempts to mount / unmount the share under the "Drive Path" folder and each app that has a jail on the device. The upshot of this is that certain other apps (ones that use a custom service to browse local files) should be able to access the files once mounted. At this time there are only a very few that can do this e.g. Gemini File Manager, TouchPlayer.

    Known issues:
    Drives mounted and accessible to other jailed apps are read-only. the script does try and mount them as read-write... but they're read-only. Hmph.
    Thanks Norf

    I've just tested your app

    It works as documented

    I tested with TouchPlayer

    TouchPad (16 Gigabyte)
    UberKernal 3.0.2-68
    Windows XP share
    Disable XP Windows Firewall (for now...)

    I just now need to figure out which network ports need to be opened on XP for file sharing

    I already have the default file/printer sharing ports open in XP (TCP 139, TCP 445, UDP 137, UDP 138) so seems like other XP port(s) need to be opened too...

    For now I have disabled the XP firewall until I can figure it out

    Thanks again fella
  4. #4  
    I get the following error when clicking on the profile name and trying to mount:

    Connection Error
    Can not access a needed shared library

    Any thoughts? I'm trying to mount an ext3 drive on my Popcorn Hour (networked media tank). I also get the same error when trying to mount a shared folder on my desktop (Vista Home Premium 64 bit).

    Edit:
    I did some googling, but have been unable to find a solution.

    Could this be the solution my problem? I'm a noob, so I wouldn't know where to start with this...
    http://lists.samba.org/archive/linux...il/004343.html
    I was able to compile nls_cp437.ko (it was an unselected option in my
    original kernel build), place it
    in /lib/modules/(kernel)/kernel/fs/nls/, run depmod and modprobe, and
    then, voila, iocharset=utf8 works AND I can properly see my non-ASCII
    characters.
    Edit Edit:
    Got it working by updating UberKernel and then restarting the device. It's possible that it only needed the reboot, but I'm not certain.
    Last edited by jackhappy; 10/12/2011 at 04:21 PM.
  5. spud101's Avatar
    Posts
    868 Posts
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    #5  
    Gonna try this in a few minutes, great!
  6. #6  
    When i get home i'll give this a shot
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  7. #7  
    Works great, but TouchPlayer is pretty limited right now. Anybody have any ideas for how to get Kalemsoft Media Player to access the drives mounted by Enyo Network Drive Mapper?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jackhappy View Post
    Works great, but TouchPlayer is pretty limited right now. Anybody have any ideas for how to get Kalemsoft Media Player to access the drives mounted by Enyo Network Drive Mapper?
    you have to open kalemsoft first and then mount the drives. Worked for me.

    Norf, thanks for a kickass prog! I'm not sure if its me but I cannot access the files and folders via internalz. Touchplayer and kalemsoft mp works fine. All I can see is the mount to folder location. Any ideas?

    thanks!
  9. #9  

    Great work!
  10. spud101's Avatar
    Posts
    868 Posts
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    #10  
    I does everything it promises, flawlessly! Great app, thx!!
  11. SSJChar's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    #11  
    alright got this installed, though I'm still trying to get it set up. Can someone take a screenshot of their setup so I cansee if I'm setting it ip right?
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by transistor_ View Post
    you have to open kalemsoft first and then mount the drives. Worked for me.
    Boom! You made my week, thanks for the tip =)

    Super app, thanks Norf!
  13. cookie42's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #13  
    Awesome, much better than using terminal to mount them.

    @AcapulcoRolf
    If I were you, I would ditch the xp firewall altogether. Check out Sygate Personal Firewall, it's brilliant.
    siwen66 likes this.
  14. #14  
    Hi,

    first thanks for the great app.

    Does not seem to work with Internalz file manager. Anyone an idea?

    Greets
    Andreas
  15. spud101's Avatar
    Posts
    868 Posts
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    #15  
    I does work with Internalz. You either have to set Internalz to show hidden files or run in master mode (or both).

    You could also use the new file manager Tegis Commander, free in the app catalog. it shows the contents as well, and is better in copying multiple files/directories. http://www.tegi-stuff.de/doku.php?id=commander
    MartinH@webos likes this.
  16. #16  
    Amazing stuff. Good job! Reading all the successful comments is very encouraging. I'm going to try it out later. Thanks for sharing.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by tengheng View Post
    Amazing stuff. Good job! Reading all the successful comments is very encouraging. I'm going to try it out later. Thanks for sharing.
    Cool! Tested and works for Music Player. I set "Mount To Folder" as "//", but when mounted, I don't see a tick

    For Kalemsoft Media Player, I set "Mount To Folder" as "/var/palm/jail/com.kalemsoft.ksmplayera/media/internal/mnt/nas" which works fine too.

    Thanks.
  18. #18  
    Great! works as advertised .. able to watch video files from the network shares on ksmplayer .. now, anybody got tips for viewing .pdf files from network shares insteading of copying the .pdf files directly to the Touchpad?
  19. #19  
    Hi,
    with the new Bing Maps update and the included Enyo I was just able to install on a Veer running 2.1.1!

    I'm only missing a kernel that supports cifs on a Veer so its currently of not much use :-) But I'm sure this will come.

    One gui thing:
    when adding profile I cannot cancel it: I see no back button and backswipe does not work.

    Thx for your work!!!
  20. #20  
    Hi,

    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    I does work with Internalz. You either have to set Internalz to show hidden files or run in master mode (or both).
    works, thanks a lot. Good tip and great app!

    Andreas
    wolfstar#WN likes this.
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions