Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Hi Dan,
    too bad. But it is mounted on /media/internal/fritz.

Marcel
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmft View Post
    Hi Dan,
    too bad. But it is mounted on /media/internal/fritz.

Marcel
    I wasn't aware you could map a share within /media/internal. Does the stock music app pick up the files? If not, it's an issue with the webOS media indexer not seeing the files. Perhaps the media indexer only picks up local files. You can try renaming the share to see if that helps. I know with regular folders on /media/internal, this can sometimes help the media indexer pick up the files.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    I did try renaming it. Didn't help. Neither stockplayer nor MPR list the files.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmft View Post
    I did try renaming it. Didn't help. Neither stockplayer nor MPR list the files.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Then unfortunately you're probably out of luck in regards to playing your network share music in Remix since it relies on the webOS media indexer which apparently isn't indexing files on the network share.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    I had it installed & just did the OTA update to 3.0.5.

It still mounted the network shares, but File managers couldn't see them.

Then I tried unmounting the shares, started Tigi's Commander, then mounted a share & Commander could see the share's top level fines. Same thing worked for Kalemsoft Media player.

So all appears to be well!
    In my case, TP was updated to OTA 3.0.5. Then the App reports "Connection Error. mount error: cifs filesystem not supported by the system." It used to work with WebOS 3.0.4. I used it to mount a samba share from my NAS.

Update: As others have pointed out, I installed the new uberkernel, and it is working fine now.
    Last edited by wxppro; 01/20/2012 at 10:01 AM.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    You need a new (3.0.5) uberkernel I guess.
    +2

Should have mentioned it, after the OTA I installed the 3.0.5 Uberkernel & Govnah before testing network drive mapper.
    There is a way to access the share files with the photo/music app :

Start by a clean reboot
    Start you favorite terminal app
    Then :

/sbin/stop filenotifyd
    rm /var/luna/data/filenotify.*

*Mount your network shares*

/sbin/start filenotifyd

Ok this part is still experimental

Start the photo app - you should still see everything as before
    Close it
    Take a photo with the camera
    Start the photo app - It should be empty now
    Close it
    Start the photo app - It should start indexing now

The indexing takes a while. Actually I stopped it because it was taking way too much time but i was able to play songs and watch photos from my network share.

Enjoy
    I am having the same problem as the user above with3.0.5 and connection error messages. Can anyone confirm that this is not working with 3.0.5? Note that I did not have the program installed prior to the update. I installed v1.0.2 of network drive after the webos update. When I create a new share and click save, the program hangs for a minute, and then I get a connection error message and something about the service not running. Anyone else have this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by milh31 View Post
    There is a way to access the share files with the photo/music app :
    o
    o
    o

Ok this part is still experimental

Start the photo app - you should still see everything as before
    Close it
    At this point my TP did a quick reset.

When it restarted I started the photo app & it started scanning & network share folders with pictures started appearing.

I then started the music app & while it is spending a long time scanning, so far (about 10 min.) it hasn't found the audio files on the network share. It's a big share tho, so I'll leave it running & see if it eventually finds them.

Started quick office & it's displaying files from the share.

BTW, I used the WOSQI Command Line tool to enter the commands.
    Last edited by Verell; 01/16/2012 at 04:20 PM.
    I recently purchased an Asus RT-N66U router and connected a 1TB drive to it.

I enabled the samba share feature in the router and I can browser and view all of the files from my Windows computer.

I just don't know how to mount this share with my touchpad.

I don't know what IP address I should use.

Can anyone help?
    How do I delete profiles created with this app?
    man this sucks.

It worked once and now I only get connection refused.

this damn thing makes no sense.
    ok i got it to work consistently on one touchpad.

unfortunately on two more touchpads the share folders are empty.

the settings are identical on all 3 devices.

all are running the uberkernel.

what can I do or check to fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by rigged11 View Post
    I recently purchased an Asus RT-N66U router and connected a 1TB drive to it.

I enabled the samba share feature in the router and I can browser and view all of the files from my Windows computer.

I just don't know how to mount this share with my touchpad.

I don't know what IP address I should use.

Can anyone help?
    use the internal LAN IP of the router of course.
    Does this work with any Enyo-capable device? Pre 2 w/ map update?

I got it installed on my Pre 2 but get "Connection Error - Can not access a needed shared library" when I try to mount a share.
    hello,
    I have problems using this program actually the problem is me because I'm a noob.

So I installed this program because I have a Seagate goflex nas that I would like to use with my touchpad.

When I click on edit drive in network drives I don't know what these things mean:
    Drive Path
    Mount to folder

What is the drive path? Do I have to enter the ip address of the router then X: because that's the public partition of the nas. Or it has to be the ip address of the nas then X:?

What does mount to folder mean and how can I set it up?

It also asks for user name and password. Are these the router's pass and username or I have to enter the username and pass of the nas?

Thank you in advance!
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Can't help with drive paths for NAS devices - but mount to folder is a Unix convention where a local folder (e.g. .internal/newfolder) is created (if not there) and any files on the remote drive are seen inside that local folder.

Its different from DOS where a different drive letter is used. So where you would map an X: drive (for example), you now map a local (empty) folder.

Does that help?

Alan
    Quote Originally Posted by gowebosgo View Post
    hello,
    I have problems using this program actually the problem is me because I'm a noob.

So I installed this program because I have a Seagate goflex nas that I would like to use with my touchpad.

When I click on edit drive in network drives I don't know what these things mean:
    Drive Path
    Mount to folder

What is the drive path? Do I have to enter the ip address of the router then X: because that's the public partition of the nas. Or it has to be the ip address of the nas then X:?

What does mount to folder mean and how can I set it up?

It also asks for user name and password. Are these the router's pass and username or I have to enter the username and pass of the nas?

Thank you in advance!
    usually a nas drive will have folder/share names inside the ip, typically the name of a HD inside the NAS.

Drive Path = IP Address of your NAS then the folder/hd name inside it.
    Mount Point = Where woudl you browse to on your touchpad to access it (Default would be shares/yoursharename)

For example my Western Digital ones in Enyo Drive Mapper id have the following...

Drive Path = 192.168.0.25/Public (the NAS IP and its sharepoint folder)
    Mount to Folder (Link on touchpad) shares/WD-NAS1

My Buffalo NAS Drives would be

Drive Path = 192.168.0.30/Games (the NAS IP and its sharepoint folder)
    Mount to Folder (Link on touchpad) shares/NAS-Games

Drive Path = 192.168.0.31/Emulation (the NAS IP and its sharepoint folder)
    Mount to Folder (Link on touchpad) shares/NAS-Emu

Drive Path = 192.168.0.32/Video (the NAS IP and its sharepoint folder)
    Mount to Folder (Link on touchpad) shares/NAS-Video

Drive Path = 192.168.0.33/Misc (the NAS IP and its sharepoint folder)
    Mount to Folder (Link on touchpad) shares/NAS-Misc

This is different to my WD NAS as it has 1 sharepoint (or just a HD in general), my buffalo drives have 4 drives, so 4 sharepoints.

---

Username and password will be whatever you'd log into the NAS drives with to access settings, some default to admin/admin.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast