Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
    I was able to connect to my windows homeserver. After setting internalz pro to master mode I can see the mounted drive and the pictures that are on my server. How do I make the pictures in the mounted drive accessible in exhibition mode or is there another touchpad app that will allow me to use my pictures as a screen saver?

Thanks. great app.
    I have several profiles that I created attempting to get one to work (and I finally did).
    I uninstalled the app & reinstalled, but all the profiles I created are still there.
    In hindsight, it looks as if I would have been better off just editing one profile until I got it to work.
    I'm using webOS 3.0.4 on a TouchPad.
    I'm getting the error "commandTimeout in com.nelsun.networkdrives.node/dri... I'm hoping it's a simple solution. But, if it's too simple I'll feel like an *****. Maybe you guys can act like it's a tough one.

WknThDg - If you swipe your profile from left to right you get the option to delete.
    I got the same error when creating my profiles, but they still worked after I went to internalz to view the files.
    Quote Originally Posted by gandjdavis View Post
    I got the same error when creating my profiles, but they still worked after I went to internalz to view the files.
    Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, it doesn't show in Internalz for me. I installed TouchPlayer and on install validation it says not running as root and Homebrew-JSJSJS $can$ $not$ $be$ $found$. $Could$ $this$ $be$ $a$ $related$ $issue$? $I$'$ve$ $removed$ $and$ $installed$ $Network$ $Drives$, $TouchPlayer$, $Internalz$, $FileMgr$, $and$ $Homebrew$-$JS$ $a$ $couple$ $times$. $It$ $didn$'$t$ $help$ - $Unless$ $I$'$m$ $doing$ $it$ $wrong$. $I$'$ll$ $admit$ $I$ $have$ $very$ $limited$ $experience$ $with$ $Linux$ $in$ $general$ $and$ $even$ $less$ $with$ $WebOS$ $specifically$. $I$ $did$ $search$ $for$ $the$ $issue$ $with$ $TouchPlayer$ $and$ $Homebrew$-$JS$ $and$ $the$ $only$ $advice$ $I$ $found$ $was$ $to$ $remove$ $and$ $reinstall$.
    Quote Originally Posted by NepocTam View Post
    I'm getting the error "commandTimeout in com.nelsun.networkdrives.node/dri... I'm hoping it's a simple solution. But, if it's too simple I'll feel like an *****. Maybe you guys can act like it's a tough one.

WknThDg - If you swipe your profile from left to right you get the option to delete.
    Do you have UberKernal installed (it's needed)?

On my PC, I'm using WinXP with Simple File Sharing & the TouchPad has webOS 3.0.4.

Here is one of the profile settings I use that works:
    DISPLAY NAME*
    MyFullComputerName DriveLetter: Video

DRIVE PATH*
    MyFullComputerName/Video

MOUNT TO FOLDER*:
    MyFullComputerName_L_Video

Note:
    For me, spaces or special characters in the "DRIVE PATH*" or "MOUNT TO FOLDER*" won't work!

After the profile is created, tap it to activate (places a check mark next to it).
    Set Internalz to show hidden files and/or run in master mode.
    Using the profile settings above, Internalz shows the shared folders (and the files within them) in the path below:
    /media/internal/MyFullComputerName_L_Video/

Works great with TouchPlayer v1.0.7 and KalemSoft Media Player v0.5.3.

NepocTam, BTW... swiping left-to-right on the profile does give the option to "Cancel" or "Delete".
    It works! Thank you!
    Last edited by WknThDg; 01/01/2012 at 01:53 PM.
    I have UberKernel 3.0.2-68. I made sure there were no spaces or special characters and still got nothing. I'll setup an XP machine with Simple File Sharing and see what happens.
    I installed TouchPlayer on my wife's touchpad and it validated fine but, I still couldn't get Network Drives to work on hers either. I'll post back as soon as I try an XP Machine with Simple File Sharing.
    XP Simple File Sharing didn't solve the problem. I'm open to suggestions.
    Are you using a host name (like LRCOMPUTER/myshare) or an IP address (like 192.168.100.14/myshare) in the Drive Path* field? Firewall? Are the TP and the computer on the same subnet? (Just double checking. . . )
    A few things to try.

As kayphoonstar suggested...
    Instead of using the Host Name in the "DRIVE PATH*" field (as I did), use the IP address the sharing PC.
    Confirm that both the sharing PC and the TouchPad are in the same Subnet Mask (a must).
    Turn off any firewalls.

File Sharing and Share Permissions...
    Right-click on the folder you want to share.
    Select "Sharing and Security...".
    Select "Share this folder". ("Share name:" should already say the name of the folder you are attempting to share.)
    Click on "Permissions" and select "Everyone". (If "Everyone" is not listed, click "Add" and type in "Everyone", then click "OK".)
    Place checkmarks in all the "Allow" boxes and click "OK" & "OK".
    Thanks for the help guys but I still have no luck. I removed my patches. Then decided to upgrade to WebOS 3.0.4. Then installed some patches again. TouchPlayer now validates so that problem was fixed but, Network Drives still doesn't work. I tried IP and computer name both. Checked the IP's, subnet, firewall, and permissions. I can't think of anything else right now.
    What is the name of your myshare (or are you using a drive letter?)?
    Does "Network Drives" allow you to enable/checkmark the profile you created?

Maybe it's still a TouchPlayer problem (even though it now validates).

With the "Network Drives" profile enabled, can you now see anything in your myshare folder at /media/internal/myshare by using Internalz Pro?
    If Internalz Pro does not see it, no other apps will either.
    I don't think it should matter here, but set Internalz Pro preferences "On" for "Show hidden" & "Master mode".
    Last edited by WknThDg; 01/02/2012 at 03:41 PM.
    I'm still getting the timeout error. I've never gotten a check on my profile. I get the spinner (whatever it's called - the little circle that just spins around and around) then the timeout error then the circle just keeps spinning. I've created new shares thinking I had some permissions issues. I've created shares on Server 2011, Win7, and WinXP. I tried 32 bit and 64 bit. None worked. I'm not using a drive letter. Just IPAddress/share. I've tried capital letters, no capital letters, all capitals, numbers, spaces, no spaces, anything I could think of. Nothing has worked. I've got a wireless laptop that's not having any problems with my network. My TouchPad couldn't see shares on that laptop either. I've got the exact same problem on both my TouchPad and my wife's TouchPad. Hers is still WebOS 3.0.2. No shares show in InternalzPro for Show Hidden or Master Mode.
    Thanks for the help guys. It's working now. I can't explain why it's working but, I'll explain what I did.
    I created a new profile with the same settings and it worked right away. I did the same thing to my wife's and it worked right away. I don't know why that made a difference but creating a new profile with the same settings made it work. Now both profiles have a check mark and I have files in Internals and TouchPlayer. Kudos to you guys for the help and the guy that made the app.
    Last edited by NepocTam; 01/02/2012 at 07:14 PM.
    Glad you got it sorted!
    Similar to your problem/cure, I've since had a problem.

As I said in post#126 before, I WAS using:
    DRIVE PATH*
    MyFullComputerName/Video

For some reason it stoppped working and was getting:
    Connection Error
    No ip address specified and hostname not found.
    So I changed MyFullComputerName to:
    192.168.1.107/Video
    NOW IT WORKS AGAIN!
    I did not delete the original profile, so when I enabled the new profile, BOTH profiles showed a checkmark!
    LOL... sound familiar?

Why the host name worked before but not now... who knows?
    Norf did say that using host name vs. ip address was "hit-and-miss" in post#60.

With no profiles enabled, if I tried to enable just the original profile I'd still get the same error as before.
    Therefore, I just swiped and deleted that original profile and the new profile still works.
    Just a post to say cheers for the app - very much appreciated
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Can anyone help me how to access mp3 music from a mounted share with Music Player Remix on a Pre 3? I can access all files with Internalz.
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmft View Post
    Can anyone help me how to access mp3 music from a mounted share with Music Player Remix on a Pre 3? I can access all files with Internalz.
    Are you opening Music Player Remix *before* you mount the shared drive?
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmft View Post
    Music Player (Remix), the stock music app, and any other music app that retrieves its song list from the webOS media indexer will not be able to access music from a mounted share. That's because the webOS media indexer only indexes music from /media/internal (the USB Drive share).
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Are you opening Music Player Remix *before* you mount the shared drive?
    I tried it either way. The songs won't show up. Kalemplayer does find all the movies!

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast