Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
  1.    #101  
    Shameless plug: I'm selling my Touchpad, touchstones, keyboard and case. So here's your chance to buy the very device this app was tested on. A (teeny tiny) little piece of history can be yours! Details here. I'm also selling a Pre 2 and Pre 3.

As you may have guessed this will make developing and supporting Drive Mapper kinda difficult with my only remaining webOS device being a Pre- If anyone wants to take it on (PM me!) I'm more than happy to gift them the code to do with as they please.
    sorry to see you go... not surprised given the sorry state of webOS nation these days. maybe we'll see you back after Meg resurrects webOS next week

as to the drive mapper, I'd think webOS Internals would be the best home for it but that's up to them of course. perhaps as your last official act you could submit it to one of the preware feeds? I've happily installed it by downloading it, but obviously preware is oh-so-much-easier.

best wishes on your future with... iOS? Android? WP7?
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    Thank you for this app. I'm watching videos with Kalemsoft streaming from my Synology DS211j with no hiccups at all. Netgear wgr614 G router.

Can this also map shares over WAN to registered hostname mapped to Synology?
    myhostname.dyndns.org:5005/video doesn't seem to work.
    Yes, I'm also sorry to see you go too, but thanks again for this wonderful app!

I answered my own question. Went to ipchicken.com and put in my IP number 67.171.xxx.xxx into the drive path and 'music' for my shared folder on my Synology. No need for a port #.
    67.171.xxx.xxx/music
    for 'mount to folder' I created the folder /media/internal/musik
    added my user name and password for Synology
    Opened up Kalemsoft and navigated to created/mounted folder --- /media/internal/musik

Haven't tried it yet, but I assume this will work from outside of my LAN. It does for Synofm.

Kalemsoft browses folders from the mounted share very quickly.
    (edit) It can play all tracks in a folder using the "Ordered" option.
    Touchpad's Music and MusicRemix cannot browse by folder. AudiophileHD can, but does not recognize the contents of the mounted share folder.
    Internalz, Tegi's, Wifi TP file browser all see the share. They can also view/open photos in a mounted 'foto' folder, but none of the TP photo or slideshow apps can see the contents in the mounted folder share. It would be nice to be able to play a slideshow from photos on the NAS.

I can play media the Enyo Network Drive Mapper mounts on the Touchpad from my PC using Wifi TP file browser.

(2nd edit) AudiophileHD can see the network share music folder, and will allow drag and drop of individual folders to its playlist. Not sure why this wasn't working before, but this is great!
    Last edited by gergev; 12/06/2011 at 06:12 AM.
    I must be doing something wrong. Downloaded the zip to the tp and then used internalz to open. It shows the script but I cannot install?
    Quote Originally Posted by battscrew1 View Post
    I must be doing something wrong. Downloaded the zip to the tp and then used internalz to open. It shows the script but I cannot install?
    I extracted the ipk file to my pc, then used webos quickinstall over usb
    Is anyone able to get pdfs on a shared drive to be read by either picsel or adobe reader? The files show up in Gemini and Internalz but when I try to load them they never load. My shares aren't accessable to picsel's browser either.

**edit, it seems to be working intermittently with adobe reader, not sure why. But I still can't get picsel to access shares. In fact when the drive is mounted, picsel can't access the My Documents tab at all it just keeps looping. If I unmount the drive it works fine. Weird.
    Last edited by Dogma; 12/08/2011 at 06:13 PM.
    Hi all,

I've installed the latest ipk for this and I've setup a share on a Win7 laptop and on my TP I've edited the Profile with the details. When I try and mount it I get:
    Connection Error
    mount error: cifs filesystem not supported by the system

I'm using the stock-standard kernel on my TP.

Any ideas what the problem is?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chesl73 View Post
    Hi all,

I've installed the latest ipk for this and I've setup a share on a Win7 laptop and on my TP I've edited the Profile with the details. When I try and mount it I get:
    Connection Error
    mount error: cifs filesystem not supported by the system

I'm using the stock-standard kernel on my TP.

Any ideas what the problem is?

Thanks
    From the 1st post on page 1 it states you must have UberKernel installed.
    First post on this site and it was just to say thanks for this awesome app.

Too bad you're leaving us behind. My TouchPad has been eating away at my iPad use.
    Can I integrate whit this app "Box.net" as a network drive?
    Quote Originally Posted by NDT View Post
    Tested for touchpad and pre3 with mac os, windows 7 and windows XP, worked like a charm. You must pay attention at the sharing parameters on windows 7 and Mac.

Edit: it worked for Mac but not very well. To reconnect to Mac, I always have to press on the "i" icon and resave the profile, the direct connection always give an error.
    NDT, how did you get this working for OSX (I'm using Lion)?

I keep getting :

"CIFS filesystem not supported by the system"
    Siobhán

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
  12.    #112  
    You get that message when you don't have UberKernel installed. You can get that in Preware.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Norf View Post
    You get that message when you don't have UberKernel installed. You can get that in Preware.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Do you happen to know if the Uberkernel works on the Touchpad 4G? Been looking, and can't (easily) find the answer.
    Siobhán

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by siobhanellis View Post
    Do you happen to know if the Uberkernel works on the Touchpad 4G? Been looking, and can't (easily) find the answer.
    It does.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Still having problems on uberkernel.

mount.cifs //192.168.2.198/movies /media/internal/movies -o user=<username>,pass=<password>

also tried with iocharset=utf8

get

mount error 22 = Invalid argument

username and password are correct, and works from a windows machine

any ideas?
    Siobhán

hmm, been looking online. seems there is often a problem with Lion, which is what I'm using. On all the flavours of linux, seems the answer is adding:

,noserverinfo,sec=ntlmssp,nounix,rw

I don't see sec as an option in this version of mount.cifs.... is it not implemented?
    Siobhán

Hi folks,
    I just bought the WD streaming drive. I easily mounted this drive to my Mac snow leopard and am now able to stream movies/music to the TV using Samba. I am new to mounting drives so this seemed like a plug 'n play solution.

However, the WD also has a USB port to plug in flash drives or hard disks and I was able to plug in an external Seagate freeagent drive without issue.

Any ideas of what would be needed to turn the TouchPad into a USB stick that could be read by this player and therefore streamed to the tv? I tried plugging it in directly and the WD did not see it although the TouchPad protested when I disconnected it. (I have some friends who would like to use the touchpad as a teaching device so they need to be able to project it to a tv or larger screen for the classroom; I installed linux on their touchpad)

http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digita...bosnation0e-20
    A wdtv live supports upon. With bhome I am able to display
    Y
    Images from touchpad on tv. For full screen not aware of any way...
    Quote Originally Posted by migu_be View Post
    A wdtv live supports upon. With bhome I am able to display
    Y
    Images from touchpad on tv. For full screen not aware of any way...
    Displaying images could be ok.
    Does this work by having the mac see the TouchPad and then WD sees the mac?
    Or can WD see the TouchPad directly?

What are the exact steps to make this work? I would like to test it today before i buy a wd for my friends.

I installed bhome free and it says WDLive is the "render device" but unable to find an UPNP-Server.

The WD only sees the Mac. Clicking on a file in the mac on the WD, I can then go to Media Control on bhome app and it correctly names the file but does not show it (only once did it show it)
    Oups I indeed display from an upnp server.. You best contact bhome guys to see iv they can do something?