Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
    Hi,

It works for me with Kalemsoft Media player, I was able to watch videos in the NAS.
    But I experienced the cracked sounds of speaker/headphone problem, I have touch val installed, but it was a not problem before installation of this one. Luckily , a shut down and power up fixed the problem.

Thanks!
    Works on my Touchpad and Pre 3. Watched movies with TouchPlayer and everything was fine. After playing around for a while I discovered that I couldn't unmount one of the drives. A reboot fixed it.
    Hi it works fine with a Synology nas. Thx a lot
    Can somebody explain me how to make Kalemsoft player work with my network share ?
    thx
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    First start Kalemsoft player. Then run the enyo network drive mapper to mount your network drives. Kalem should then see the contents of the shares.
    The sshfs parameters are quite different than what exists. It would be pretty simple to write 3 functions: query, mount, unmount

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
    Hi,

Although one has told that it works with a Synology nas, I keep on having a `permission denied` for any shares I try to connect to (network drive 1.0.1, uberkernel-3.0.4-68, NAS Synology under DSM 3.2). Profile looks correct and accounts and shares are functional (works with regular mounts of PC machine).

Any idea to debug this ?
    Thanks !
  7. NDT
    Tested for touchpad and pre3 with mac os, windows 7 and windows XP, worked like a charm. You must pay attention at the sharing parameters on windows 7 and Mac.

Edit: it worked for Mac but not very well. To reconnect to Mac, I always have to press on the "i" icon and resave the profile, the direct connection always give an error.
    Last edited by NDT; 11/19/2011 at 11:55 AM.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Awesome job! Thank you!

One question...

I know you must have "iocharset=utf8" option in there; Asian characters show up fine in Internalz and Touch Player. However, Karemsoft player doesn't show those characters correctly. Now, is that because it's jailed app?
    I was just setting this up on my wife's touchpad and noticed that jailed apps were not getting the drive mounted. This was on 1.0.1. After a bit of debugging, the problem was that the mount script was failing when trying to enter application directories inside the jail directory.

This is quite odd, I made the following changes to get this working:
    Code:
    diff -BurN drivemount.sh drivemount.sh.new
    --- drivemount.sh       2011-11-08 03:27:40.000000000 -0800
    +++ drivemount.sh.new   2011-11-19 14:46:31.161000000 -0800
    @@ -43,13 +43,9 @@
         mount.cifs "$SERVER/$SHARENAME" "$LOCALMOUNT" -o $USERAUTH,$READMODE,iocharset=utf8

#Iterate through all jailed apps and add in the respective mounting
    -    cd /var/palm/jail || exit "error 1"

-    for DIR in `find . -maxdepth 3 -mindepth 3 -type d -name "internal"`
    +    for DIR in `find /var/palm/jail -maxdepth 3 -mindepth 3 -type d -name "internal"`
         do
    -        #Change to current jailed dir
    -        cd $DIR
    -
             #
             #Build respective jail path for current jailed app in the loop:
             #
    @@ -59,12 +55,11 @@
             LOCALMOUNTSTUB=${LOCALMOUNT#$STRIP}

#Construct the final path to be mounted for the jailed app
    -        JAILMOUNT=`pwd`/${LOCALMOUNTSTUB}
    +        JAILMOUNT=$DIR/${LOCALMOUNTSTUB}

#Mount jailed folder for current app if folder exists
             if [ -e "${JAILMOUNT}" ]
             then
                 mount.cifs "$SERVER/$SHARENAME" "$JAILMOUNT" -o $USERAUTH,$READMODE,iocharset=utf8 || true
    -            cd - > /tmp/NULL
             fi
         done
    Code:
    diff -BurN driveunmount.sh driveunmount.sh.new
    --- driveunmount.sh     2011-11-08 03:27:40.000000000 -0800
    +++ driveunmount.sh.new 2011-11-19 14:54:17.926000000 -0800
    @@ -5,17 +5,14 @@
     umount "$LOCALMOUNT"

#unmount jailed app shares for same mount point:
    -cd /var/palm/jail || exit "error 1"
    -for DIR in `find . -maxdepth 3 -mindepth 3 -type d -name "internal"`
    +for DIR in `find /var/palm/jail -maxdepth 3 -mindepth 3 -type d -name "internal"`
     do
    -  cd $DIR
       STRIP=/media/internal/
       LOCALMOUNTSTUB=${LOCALMOUNT#$STRIP}
    -  JAILMOUNT=`pwd`/${LOCALMOUNTSTUB}
    +  JAILMOUNT=$DIR/${LOCALMOUNTSTUB}
       if grep -qs "$JAILMOUNT" /proc/mounts
       then
           #echo "Unmounting $JAILMOUNT"
           umount "$JAILMOUNT" || true
       fi
    -  cd - > /tmp/NULL
     done
    Also, I reproduced the USB mounting issue and determined that it has nothing to do with your app. The problem is actually that BrowserServer is holding a file open:
    /media/internal/appdata/dbdata/appcache/ApplicationCache.db

Killing the process that's holding this file open doesn't help as the process simply re-starts. This seems like a bug in 3.0.4, I've hit it without your application installed but just now was able to track it down to the root cause after compiling lsof for touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by bioposi View Post
    Hi,

Although one has told that it works with a Synology nas, I keep on having a `permission denied` for any shares I try to connect to (network drive 1.0.1, uberkernel-3.0.4-68, NAS Synology under DSM 3.2). Profile looks correct and accounts and shares are functional (works with regular mounts of PC machine).

Any idea to debug this ?
    Thanks !
    Try changing your password. At first I was having the same issue, but when I removed all spaces from my password the error changed to "password too long" and I've got a feeling how I can fix that ;-).

@Norf I'm not sure you can fix the issue where a (long) password with spaces is rejected (as I also have that problem when trying the mount manually) I'd love it if you fixed the 'password too long' issue, as I'm a security freak :-D

Update: A shorter password with spaces (of 15 characters) seems to be accepted.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I'm using my Synology admin account to mount the drives. The ordinary user accounts didn't work if I remember correctly.
    Thanks for the app! Works great on my NAS running Samba, but doesn't work for my Windows 7 shared files for some reason, only works for the "Default" profile folder that Win7 makes. I move stuff into that folder for my TouchPad to see it. When I tried to mount an entire drive that I set to share on Win7, it can't allocate the memory. I went to the help and set my ipstack to 18 and rebooted, didn't work either. I find it so odd that for a media consuming tablet, that it's so hard to access network drives. You would think HP would have made an app in the first place... oh well, great work on the app and hope you work out the kinks!
    Thanks for this great app!
    It is exactly what i was looking for in order to be able to play videos from my NAS on my Touchpad.
    My NAS has a UPNP media server, however i was unable to stream and play xvid/divx/mkv content onto my Touchpad, since the player that could play such content could not connect to the UPNP media server.
    Even though with your app i still don't connect through the UPNP media server on the NAS, now i can at least connect my Touchpad to my NAS's ip# and then through fileshare, using a read only login and password. Although this is not the same as using UPNP it is close enough and it is working.

Your app works great.
    If you are looking for feedback on how to improve it here are my suggestions:

For some reason "drive path" only allows either computer name or ip followed by one folder.
    It would be nice if i could put something with several folder layers as my share, for example: 123.456.7.8/Folder1/Folder2/Folder3

Add an option check box within the profile (maybe at the bottom), which when checked, it will invoke whatever advanced commands or switches are required to improve video streaming for video files within that share. Someone in one of the posts here suggested a few such switches, no idea if they help, but if they do it would be handy to quickly enable or disable such commands / switches within each profile to improve HD video streaming (right now HD video seems to stutter quite a bit when streaming through the shared folder)

Quote Originally Posted by pppjade View Post
    I experienced the cracked sounds of speaker/headphone problem, I have touch val installed, but it was a not problem before installation of this one. Luckily , a shut down and power up fixed the problem.

Thanks!
    I also experienced sound issues of low scratchy sound.
    this happened on the next day when I tried to stream, or even play any local (on the TP) video
    I never had this issue before installing the enyo app, so it may be related.

Keep up the good work.
    Last edited by mr.interested; 11/24/2011 at 05:07 PM.
  14.    #94  
    1.0.2 is now available from the 1st post. It adds options (enter drive profile then scroll down to get at 'em) to mount as read-only or read-write and to set different read and write speeds when connecting. For the latter I've no real way of telling what, if any, difference changing read and write speeds makes as I don't stream big files across the network. Please comment if it makes any difference (or not).

As for the scratchy / tinny sound - that's something HP added to 3.0.4 to really annoy people. Not content with occasionally dropping all audio in 3.0.2 they apparently decided to step things up and make our TouchPads sound like a 10 year old mobile [cell] phone playing a 28K mp3 down a drain. /end rant at HP
    spud101 likes this.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Thanks for the app. Very useful
    Thanks for the update, look forward to trying It out.

Is there any special upgrade instructions required?
    Do you recommend installing the updated version right over the previous version?
    Or should I uninstall the older version first?
  17.    #97  
    Installing over the existing app should be fine - just make sure you use webOS Quick Install or Preware to do the installing as per 1st post. The installer has to do some extra stuff to get the service it uses to work due to the level of permissions it needs to make the mapping magic happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by yetanothername View Post
    Please forgive me if I missed some documentation, but when I start up the application, it never finished "Loading drive profiles..." and when I hit the + button to add a share, the "Save" button does not do anything. Did I forget a step?

I'm running 3.0.4 with UberKernel v3.0.4-68.
    Having the same issues as yetanothername. Are there any solutions yet, or is there a version available with more debug output?

Regards,
    Lazy
    Thank you for this app. I'm watching videos with Kalemsoft streaming from my Synology DS211j with no hiccups at all. Netgear wgr614 G router.

Can this also map shares over WAN to registered hostname mapped to Synology?
    myhostname.dyndns.org:5005/video doesn't seem to work.
    You guys probably didn't make the same mistake I did, but for anyone else who might have problems with it in the future, I thought this might be helpful.

If you get the cannot allocate memory error from the app, it could be the IRPStack problem, which you can check on Event Viewer on Win7 under srvc to see if that showed up. If it didn't then, it's a problem that I had, which was not setting permissions correctly. You have to make sure permissions for Sharing and Securities are the same under Win7 with Securities having an "Everyone" profile. I was missing the "Everyone" profile under securities, and so it didn't work. I created that profile, gave it the same permissions I gave under Sharing, and it worked.