Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by transistor_ View Post
    you have to open kalemsoft first and then mount the drives. Worked for me.

Norf, thanks for a kickass prog! I'm not sure if its me but I cannot access the files and folders via internalz. Touchplayer and kalemsoft mp works fine. All I can see is the mount to folder location. Any ideas?

thanks!
    Damn, I have been looking around!! How could I possibly open media files with internalz... tried to change default application, file association etc. ... of course impossible after research through the night until 9 a.m.!!
    Internalz and Gemini File Manager both don't have an "open with" option.

KalemSoft Media Player wouldn't show the mounted folders UNTIL I followed your hint...

GREAT!! I'm so stoked - closed a gap again, it effin' works THANK you so much!
    Does anyone tried to modify rsize and wsize as proposed ? I tried but got an error message even after deleting my changes. I needed to re-install Network Drivers to make it back to normal.
    So in reading this thread is sounds like this app allows you to connect your TP to network shares hosted by other computers of various OS. My question is does this also allow you to map a network drive TO your TP root folder or other sub folders? In other words can I map say drive letter R: in Windows to point to / on the Touchpad? If so is that with read only or read/write access?

Thanks.
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    So in reading this thread is sounds like this app allows you to connect your TP to network shares hosted by other computers of various OS. My question is does this also allow you to map a network drive TO your TP root folder or other sub folders? In other words can I map say drive letter R: in Windows to point to / on the Touchpad? If so is that with read only or read/write access?

Thanks.
    Afraid not. It only lets you map a network share and make it viewable on your device. What you want is a very interesting idea. One which I have no idea whether it's possible or not to achieve. Any Linux guru who knows if it's possible or not - feel free to chime in here.
  5.    #65  
    Version 1.0.1 has been uploaded - see attachment in first post. This includes only minor UI tweaks for Pre3 devices. NOTE: For drive Mapper to function on a Pre3 you need a kernel that supports CIFS. At the time of writing this is UberKernel 2.2.0-11 or higher.
    Norf,
    Great start to this application, keep up the excellent work. Also, welcome to your own little personal just partially kidding here, you'll be fixing everyone's firewall issues from here on out

Putting out and maintaining homebrew apps is pretty time consuming work. I would love to contribute to this project, so I would encourage you to publish this on github.com so that developers like myself can easily make contributions that you can then accept or reject.

I have compiled sshfs and use it on my Touchpad daily, it allows you to mount remote linux folders through ssh. It is a great solution for people that don't want to setup samba on their linux box. This project (as in the one you made) was on my personal list of projects, I wanted to create an interface that my wife could use to mount our linux server. The only thing you're missing that I had planned on was a giant picture of a horse either without or with a rider depending on whether the filesystem was mounted

So what I'm saying is that it makes perfect sense to me to add support for sshfs to your drive mapper. If you ever find the time to get your project posted on github I will gladly contribute this. If you aren't familiar with source hosting solutions then this may be time consuming your first go around, so I understand the delay.

Regarding the question about mounting shares as / on the Touchpad. The question is, what are you trying to accomplish? On a functioning linux system you wouldn't want to map to / , but there's no problem mapping a windows share to a symlink in /media/internal/ or /mnt/.

Also there probably are some good defaults we could come up with for rsize/wsize, the tool defaults are pretty bad for most everything.
    knownboyofno likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Error 454 View Post
    Regarding the question about mounting shares as / on the Touchpad. The question is, what are you trying to accomplish? On a functioning linux system you wouldn't want to map to / , but there's no problem mapping a windows share to a symlink in /media/internal/ or /mnt/.
    Specifically I want mounts to /var, /etc, and /usr. The reason I want direct file access to Windows apps. For example if I want to edit an Icon I want to map a drive and open it up in Photoshop. Right now I have to use Internalz to copy to it to /media/downloads, then connect via USB, then edit the file, save it back to /media/downloads, disconnect the USB, the use Internalz to move the file back to it's location. Now do that with 20 files. This is WAY too cumbersome when working with multiple files. If I can map a drive and edit directly it could save hours of horrible workflow.
    such a good app..thanks, works great. keep up the good work?
    ----------------------------------------
    "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some considered to be, unnatural"
    I don't know if anyone's posted about this or not, but I have some media shares that don't use a password. This app won't accept an empty password. However I found just hitting a 'space' character worked.
    Putting out and maintaining homebrew apps is pretty time consuming work. I would love to contribute to this project, so I would encourage you to publish this on github.com so that developers like myself can easily make contributions that you can then accept or reject.
    +1

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Specifically I want mounts to /var, /etc, and /usr. The reason I want direct file access to Windows apps. For example if I want to edit an Icon I want to map a drive and open it up in Photoshop. Right now I have to use Internalz to copy to it to /media/downloads, then connect via USB, then edit the file, save it back to /media/downloads, disconnect the USB, the use Internalz to move the file back to it's location. Now do that with 20 files. This is WAY too cumbersome when working with multiple files. If I can map a drive and edit directly it could save hours of horrible workflow.
    use WiFi Touchpad File Browser, available in Preware. It sets up a little webserver on your touchpad that lets you browse the file system, and upload & download files from a web browser on your PC. That should cut 75% of the extra steps you just described.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    use WiFi Touchpad File Browser, available in Preware. It sets up a little webserver on your touchpad that lets you browse the file system, and upload & download files from a web browser on your PC. That should cut 75% of the extra steps you just described.
    The most time consuming part is copying the files one by one from the source folder into the /media/internal/downloads folder and then copying them back one by one using Internalz. Unfortunately this app only allows access to /media/internal/. This will save the step of connecting via USB though. This app would probably be perfect if not for the limit of access to only /media/internal/. It would also help a LOT of Internalz could allow you to multi-select files for copy/move processes.

I have been considering looking at the source for Internalz and for another free File Manager I saw and merging them so get one file manager with split screens, root access, and the ability to multi-select files as mentioned.
    The requirement for mounting a file system is that it must be mounted in an empty directory. So what you are asking is impossible by definition. You could create a directory at any location and mount to it, you just can't mount to an existing populated directory.

It honestly sounds like you want to go the other direction, you want to share your webos file system with your windows client via samba.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
    honestly sounds like you want to go the other direction, you want to share your webos file system with your windows client via samba.
    This is what I want. I want to open explorer in Windows, double click drive "T" and have that would display the contents of /etc from the TP.

If you install SSHD on the Pre/Tpad, you can access all files from the PC.
    I'm using Putty & winscp to copy directly from PC to tpad/pre & vice-versa.

Via Preware you can install OpenSSH and OpenSFTP server

Follow instructions on

Application:OpenSSH - WebOS Internals
  16.    #76  
    Maverickz - another, slightly more Windowsy kind of way, is to install OpenSSH and OpenSFTP server as mentioned but use a 3rd party program (like ExpanDrive) to mount your device under Windows. It's been a long time since I used ExpanDrive but, IIRC, you can pick a choose the device path to mount as a drive and it all appears within Explorer and file open/save dialogs. It's not free but there's a trial version on their site.
    For example if I want to edit an Icon I want to map a drive and open it up in Photoshop.
    Btw where are the icons stored exactly ?
    Do you know where their location on the tabs/screen is stored too? I'm worried that the children move them around ...
    t
  18.    #78  
    Norf,
    Great start to this application, keep up the excellent work. Also, welcome to your own little personal just partially kidding here
    Thanks! I think

you'll be fixing everyone's firewall issues from here on out
    What's a "firewall"? Is it something like a fire door?

I've certainly no objections to hosting this on Github. It's been a learn-a-bit-about-Enyo project so it's not the most elegant of code mind you! I've never used Github yet so a learning curve to climb there me thinks.

I have compiled sshfs and use it on my Touchpad daily, it allows you to mount remote linux folders through ssh. It is a great solution for people that don't want to setup samba on their linux box. This project (as in the one you made) was on my personal list of projects, I wanted to create an interface that my wife could use to mount our linux server.
    I don't have any Linux PCs (besides phones and tablets) so sshfs is a new one on me. Are the parameters needed to mount a share similar to what's in the app just now or does it need any extra ones? I'm thinking that adding a "share type" pick list would be easy enough to add to the edit profile thing and calling different scripts depending on what was chosen for it.

The only thing you're missing that I had planned on was a giant picture of a horse either without or with a rider depending on whether the filesystem was mounted
    As feature requests go... that one was unexpected

Also there probably are some good defaults we could come up with for rsize/wsize, the tool defaults are pretty bad for most everything.
    I'm all ears on this. If people have suggestions for proven working numbers I'll add them in. I do 99% of my stuff on (ducks) A*****d these days so I have to confess to being merrily oblivious to poor transfer rates or choppy playback over mounted shares.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norf View Post
    Maverickz - another, slightly more Windowsy kind of way, is to install OpenSSH and OpenSFTP server as mentioned but use a 3rd party program (like ExpanDrive) to mount your device under Windows. It's been a long time since I used ExpanDrive but, IIRC, you can pick a choose the device path to mount as a drive and it all appears within Explorer and file open/save dialogs. It's not free but there's a trial version on their site.
    Thanks. I will give that a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by migu_be View Post
    Btw where are the icons stored exactly ?
    Do you know where their location on the tabs/screen is stored too? I'm worried that the children move them around ...
    t
    Really icons are all over the place. In general icons for an application are stored in a sub folder of the application itself. If you create a web favorite (bookmark) in the launcher then those are stored in /var/luna/data/browser/icons/. So I guess in order to where an icon is stored you need to know what the icon goes to.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast