webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Nelsun Apps > Network Drives - Enyo Network Drive Mapper
Network Drives - Enyo Network Drive Mapper
Like Tree35Likes

Old 10/24/2011, 11:36 PM   #41 (permalink)

**Update** - found some additional information located in other threads on this forum but have not yet confirmed that it is possible to copy files from the drive to the Touchpad.

>>Was looking at buying a Seagate Goflex Satellite before my next vacation to store movies on...would there be a way to copy files from the drive to the Touchpad over Wifi?
Quote:
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. - Gerald R. Ford

Last edited by AZTouchpad; 10/24/2011 at 11:45 PM.
AZBrowncoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/25/2011, 01:09 PM   #42 (permalink)

has anyone tried to connect to a home server 2011 share? I can't get it to work. the other share I have tried a non password protected NAS (linux) worked fine, but my WHS box just says "permission denied" I have tried using the server name as the domain and leaving the domain blank. I have even tried creating a new user on the server, but no luck.
jercurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/25/2011, 02:44 PM   #43 (permalink)

it would be nice if its possible to add advanced commands.

for example i use rsize/wsize and i think it makes streaming a lil bit better with kalemsoft.

mount.cifs //host/share /mountpath -o username=user,password=pass,rsize=131072,wsize=131072
thomaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/2011, 09:26 PM   #44 (permalink)

I looked but didn't see this noted so I apologize if it's already known:

I had a problem with the new Picsel Smart Office not being able to browse directories after I used the 'Network Drive' app without rebooting. Even if I unmounted the drive, it would still have the problem. So then I realized that the problem is that the "Jail" isn't getting unmounted.

Running "umount /var/palm/jail/com.picsel.app.smartoffice/media/internal/share" allows Picsel to browse files again. So then I found that if I unmounted the other "Jails", USB Mode functioned correctly as well.

I don't use USB Mode very often so this wasn't an issue for me until I ran into the problem with SmartOffice which was sort of frustrating until I realized what was happening. Perhaps there is a way to simply turn off "jail" mounts? I have a script to mount my network shares w/o mounting any "jails" but the Network Drives app is so much more elegant!
kayphoonstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/2011, 10:19 PM   #45 (permalink)

Please forgive me if I missed some documentation, but when I start up the application, it never finished "Loading drive profiles..." and when I hit the + button to add a share, the "Save" button does not do anything. Did I forget a step?

I'm running 3.0.4 with UberKernel v3.0.4-68.
yetanothername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/27/2011, 12:06 AM   #46 (permalink)

I'd try 2 things: restart the TP or uninstall and reinstall the network drives app.
kayphoonstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/28/2011, 07:28 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jercurry View Post
has anyone tried to connect to a home server 2011 share? I can't get it to work. the other share I have tried a non password protected NAS (linux) worked fine, but my WHS box just says "permission denied" I have tried using the server name as the domain and leaving the domain blank. I have even tried creating a new user on the server, but no luck.
WHS 2011 is my main home file server. So, yes, it's possible I leave the domain blank (the server defaults to local accounts) and I've never had a problem connecting. why you're getting the run-around from yours is confusing. The app just echos what error message the underlying webOS systems return. Based on that it would appear the user name or password is wrong (password will be case sensitive)... but I'm sure you've checked that several times already. I'm not being much help am I
Norf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/28/2011, 07:34 AM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaz View Post
it would be nice if its possible to add advanced commands.

for example i use rsize/wsize and i think it makes streaming a lil bit better with kalemsoft.

mount.cifs //host/share /mountpath -o username=user,password=pass,rsize=131072,wsize=131072
You can edit the mount script (/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/com.nelsun.networkdrives.node/scripts/drivemount.sh) to include extra custom parameters for now. Just lump them on after "iocharset=utf8" found on lines 43 (the main mount command) and 67 (the jail mount command). Best to make a backup of the script before doing any tweaking though
Old 10/28/2011, 07:42 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lombre55 View Post
Hi Norf,

I'm a noob in ENYO development, and I would like to know if you could explain the method for calling system commands, because I did not find information in the official documentation.

I want to create an FTP client and samba for my personal use, but it is especially perfect for me.

Excuse me if my post isn't often understood, i'm french and I have not written in English for several years.

Wishing you a good evening.
System commands are called using a custom webOS service which then calls exec to run the commands - in this case some sh scripts. It was a nightmare to get working correctly so, I'm afraid, I won't explain all that... I don't fully understand what I did to get it working myself If you feel brave then go look at the Pulse Audio Restarter source in the webOS Internals repo. You'll also need Jason's ipk packager to build an ipk that runs the pmPreInstall and pmPostInstall scripts needed to set the brain bending permissions to allow a node service to run potentially lethal commands. Good luck!
Thanked By: lombre55
Old 10/30/2011, 06:47 PM   #50 (permalink)

So I installed and everything appeared to be working correctly (3.0.4 and uberkernal). I had to do a reboot (removed another app). When it came back up, I got a "not enough storage message" (even though I had plenty of space before this), and all my installed apps except network drives were gone. So I was going to try doing doing a web doctor restore. However the touchpad won't enter USB mode (I unmounted the drives, then even uninstalled the app), and still no USB, any suggestions?
bondoo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/31/2011, 07:54 AM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondoo0 View Post
So I installed and everything appeared to be working correctly (3.0.4 and uberkernal). I had to do a reboot (removed another app). When it came back up, I got a "not enough storage message" (even though I had plenty of space before this), and all my installed apps except network drives were gone. So I was going to try doing doing a web doctor restore. However the touchpad won't enter USB mode (I unmounted the drives, then even uninstalled the app), and still no USB, any suggestions?
^The not enough space thing looks to be a problem others are experiencing. A quick skim of the thread says it's to do with the system drive (rather than the media drive you see in the device free space app) being full. That's not something drive mapper should be doing as it all goes in to the media drive bar a small handful (about 6 in total IIRC) of system service files used solely for the app.

As to the disappearing apps... you got me there. Again, that's not something drive mapper should be doing. At. All. It doesn't ever delete anything anywhere. Without digging around your file system I can't say that other apps are necessarily not there any more. It may be a knock on effect of the no space problem.

By default webOS clears all drive mounting stuff after a reboot. So any previously mounted drives shouldn't be blocking USB connectivity after a full reboot. I'm afraid a trip to the doctor sounds like the safest route for your TouchPad. If a normal doctor isn't seeing your device then I'd follow this webOS Internals how-to page. You're looking for the 7 steps immediately after "If your PC does not recognize your device and you cannot go past step 3 above, try the following steps:" about a quarter of the way down said page. That tells you how to force your device into recovery mode and for the doctor to do his work.
Old 10/31/2011, 11:54 AM   #52 (permalink)

I agree the "not enough storage" message wasn't related to drive mapper (just an unfortunate coincidence). The problem was somehow the USB wasn't connecting (not sure if it was related to something being hung, or drive mapper, my guess is the former). I was able to use the steps in the links you provided to get it connected and use webos doctor to fix it. I was then able to re-install drive mapper and the other apps, and everything is working great. Thanks for the help (and the app!)
bondoo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/31/2011, 12:44 PM   #53 (permalink)

Few. That's a relief. Glad to hear your TouchPad is feeling better!
Old 10/31/2011, 06:12 PM   #54 (permalink)

btw. thx a lot for that tool
thomaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/01/2011, 06:44 AM   #55 (permalink)

Firstly, what a fantastic easy to use drive mapper, thank you.
My PCs receive dynamic IP address (DHCP) and in the drive path of the ENYO drive mapper it only seems to let you enter an IP address followed by the shared drive (192.168.1.4/shareddrive).Is there anyway that I can replace the IP address with the PC. I have tried 'MyPCName/shareddrive' and get the error "No ip address specified and hostname found". I dont really want to make all my PC's have static IP address. Cheers...
thewaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/01/2011, 12:21 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewaver View Post
Firstly, what a fantastic easy to use drive mapper, thank you.
My PCs receive dynamic IP address (DHCP) and in the drive path of the ENYO drive mapper it only seems to let you enter an IP address followed by the shared drive (192.168.1.4/shareddrive).Is there anyway that I can replace the IP address with the PC. I have tried 'MyPCName/shareddrive' and get the error "No ip address specified and hostname found". I dont really want to make all my PC's have static IP address. Cheers...
+1, its weird that it won't let you use DNS name.

Also I can't get it to work. After mapping a share I browse to it and the folder is blank. Originally I was getting a error about jail something something when I would mount it the 2nd time but a reinstall fixed that. Now it is just blank.
mobilewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/01/2011, 12:23 PM   #57 (permalink)

^IP addresses are needed as resolving computer names was flaky (at best) during initial testing. If your DHCP server dishes out ip addresses with a reasonably long lease period (e.g. a few days) you should be able to avoid the fun of switching things over to static ip addresses. With a long enough lease period they're unlikely (but never guaranteed!) to need to change ip address.
Thanked by Bioken33, thewaver
Old 11/01/2011, 12:40 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norf View Post
^IP addresses are needed as resolving computer names was flaky (at best) during initial testing. If your DHCP server dishes out ip addresses with a reasonably long lease period (e.g. a few days) you should be able to avoid the fun of switching things over to static ip addresses. With a long enough lease period they're unlikely (but never guaranteed!) to need to change ip address.
In my case I am running MS DNS and my pfSense firewall is using reservations, so using DNS names for me is much better and reliable.
mobilewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/02/2011, 11:46 PM   #59 (permalink)

I joined this site, just to thank you for the app! Great job, norf. This connects fine to my iOmega home media drive! I was really excited to find this. Since the NAS drive is always online hostname resolution is not an issue for me, but would be a great feature if you get it working.
Bioken33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Norf
Old 11/03/2011, 06:57 AM   #60 (permalink)

Um... I just set to looking at allowing machine names as well as IP addresses. The code is already there right now. You don't *have* to use an IP address for the drive path. Assuming you have a server called "myserver" with an IP address of "192.168.1.5" with a share called "myshare" you could use either of the following as the drive path:
  1. myserver/myshare
  2. 192.168.1.5/myshare
This is assuming your TouchPad can resolve machine names to IP addresses. As I said earlier... I found that to be hit-and-miss. If you use machine names rather than IP addresses and get errors when mounting (along the lines of the app being "unable to resolve host" or similar) you'll want to switch to using IP addresses and making whatever machine you're connecting to have a static IP address.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0