Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
    Really Great work!!
    But remember the USB-Mode issue.
    Last edited by palmpreuser14; 10/13/2011 at 02:05 PM.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Does this work with Mac OSx. I tried it but it doesn't work
    Thanks so much! This works great for watching SD videos with KalemsSoft Media Player - not so much with HD content so far, but still beats using their buggy streaming server.
    Hi Norf, Thanks so much for making this app, this is awesome! The only thing i could suggest is a read-only mount option using the -r modifier on the mount command. I think that could be something that could be easily implemented. Could that be put into consideration for the next version?

Thanks,
    Bryce
    Is it ok to make a feature request?

USB mode doesn't work when shares are mounted. Would it be possible to have the app completely unmount a share when you 'uncheck' it in the profile list?

As it stands now, I have to uncheck it and then reboot the Touchpad before I can enter USB disk mode. It works, but can be a little time consuming if you know what I mean!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyreid View Post
    Thanks so much! This works great for watching SD videos with KalemsSoft Media Player - not so much with HD content so far, but still beats using their buggy streaming server.
    For what it's worth, I have no problems playing a 720p mkv file (1.2GB for 40 minutes) over a network mount. I'm using a WNDR3700 with wpa2-psk encryption, 2.4GHz.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyreid View Post
    Would it be possible to have the app completely unmount a share when you 'uncheck' it in the profile list?
    As far as I can tell it works this way now...at least "mount" doesn't show the server being mounted after unchecking it in the profile list.
    Last edited by cbf123; 10/16/2011 at 04:08 PM.
    Has anyone tried using this with a seagate goflex portable hard drive. Im having a hard time trying to figure out what info I need for this device. Whenever I fiddle with the settings I just get a timeout error
  8. RM_
    Hi. Thanks for the App but it doesn't work for me here.

Got an Connection Error with "com.nelsun.networkdrives.node is not running.".

I also can not deinstall the app, TP is hanging and I need to press Power+Home Buttons for few seconds to reboot.

Would be nice to get it working and the deinstall-problem fixed. THX.

RM_
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    We don't need to uninstall this before updating to 3.0.4, do we?
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Since the new custom kernels aren't out (of alpha) yet, this tool currently doesn't work. So either we cross our fingers for HP to release the (correct) kernel source soon or maybe Norf can update the app for it to also work with stock kernel and its basic cifs support by means of the "mount.cifs" command???
  11.    #31  
    Hi all,

Firstly, thanks for all the feedback. I've been knee deep in paint, sawdust and masking tape (decorating 24/7) this past week so apologies for not responding sooner. There's lts more painting to be done so please forgive if I don't respond for a bit yet.

Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    Since the new custom kernels aren't out (of alpha) yet, this tool currently doesn't work. So either we cross our fingers for HP to release the (correct) kernel source soon or maybe Norf can update the app for it to also work with stock kernel and its basic cifs support by means of the "mount.cifs" command???
    Thanks Spud. The 3.0.4 update does indeed break share mounting as it is at the moment. Until UberKernel is updated to support 3.0.4 this app will not work. As I write, UberKernel for 3.0.4 has moved in to the Preware beta feeds so it hopefully won't be too long before the boffins get it all sorted out and it's released to the public feeds.

When I started out on the app I spent a good while trying to get shares mounted using the stock kernel. I could never get it to work using my actual TouchPad but the emulator worked fine. Go figure. I've only windows shares to play with here so perhaps that was causing me problems... I don't know.

If you (or anyone else) feel brave / clever enough you can play about with the command line the app generates to mount and unmount shares by editing (back them up first!) the 2 sh files in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/services/com.nelsun.networkdrives.node/scripts. they each accept parameters so, in theory, they can be messed around with by anyone. If you do get a working solution for the stock kernel then please let me know.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Yes, the new uberkernel is on its way. So (for me) no need to try and get the app working with stock kernel.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Hi, thanks for this sweet app.
    I am testing it out on 3.0.4 with the new Uberkernel.
    Currently I am able to mount my shares using the mount.cifs command directly. I haven't been able to get it to work with Enyo Drive mapper yet. It seems like it thinks the shareis always mounted.

Couple questions:
    Your say that the "drive path" is always releative to /media/internal. So if I type in "nas" as my drive path, it will try to mount it to /media/internal/nas?

I ask because a user above noted that they were able to mount to:
    "/var/palm/jail/com.kalemsoft.ksmplayer/media/internal/mnt/nas"
    This is a good tip btw, as it gets around the jail issues for that program.

(Note there was a typo in the original path - no a after player)

Anyway, I'll continue to toy with it.

i have noticed that my mount.cifs commands in 3.0.4 do cause "Mount table locked" messages to pop up...

Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by emobo View Post
    I ask because a user above noted that they were able to mount to:
    "/var/palm/jail/com.kalemsoft.ksmplayer/media/internal/mnt/nas"
    This is a good tip btw, as it gets around the jail issues for that program.

(Note there was a typo in the original path - no a after player)
    The 'a' is present in the jail for the version downloaded from the Kalemsoft website, while the store bought version has no 'a'.

But I believe this app searches all existing jails and mounts the network shares in the jail, so no hard coded paths exist.
    just install it on 3.0.4 with the new Uberkernel..

mounted windows 7 share ok after a bit of fumbling
    with the path...tomorrow will test shares with my Ubuntu 10.04

using a USB stick and a passport drive as well...

we'll see how it goes...

thanks for the good work
    Quote Originally Posted by fgdn17 View Post
    just install it on 3.0.4 with the new Uberkernel..

mounted windows 7 share ok after a bit of fumbling
    with the path...tomorrow will test shares with my Ubuntu 10.04

using a USB stick and a passport drive as well...

we'll see how it goes...

thanks for the good work
    UPDATE:

was able to set up a Ubuntu share and access it ok...

so I had both a win7 share and a linux share, both were accessable...

I checked the "have to reboot" for USB mode and it WAS NOT TRUE
    for me....all I did was verify I could not use USB mode with the share
    attached....then I disconnected my USB cable, ticked the share
    reattached USB cable and went into USB mode correctly...NO REBOOT
    was necessary....

fumbled around(my linux skills are 10 years outdated..LOL) with
    getting a USB stick shared on the network with my linux system
    so could check that out but ran into issues which I feel are just
    my lack of remembering howto make it shareable correctly....

will get a chance to go back to that within the next couple of
    weeks....again thanks...great work
    Last edited by fgdn17; 10/22/2011 at 02:15 PM.
    Great App - works really well, once I realised the domain field wasn't needed.

thanks for all the work.

(Go flex NAS/32Gb TP/Windows XP)
    guys, the information is all over the place....

could you post a concrete example?

ie... Is the // necessary in front of IP, will c$ work?

I am trying to use your app with no success... My settings are
    192.168.1.153/RAID0_DATA
    username/password EXACTLY as windows 7 requires

updated to 3.0.4 and uberkernal/ 1.5ghz
    it shouldn't be this hard, I MOUNTED between xp,w7,ipod,iphone,Sony pre t1 without any problems
    Quote Originally Posted by azxswq View Post
    guys, the information is all over the place....

could you post a concrete example?

ie... Is the // necessary in front of IP, will c$ work?

I am trying to use your app with no success... My settings are
    192.168.1.153/RAID0_DATA
    username/password EXACTLY as windows 7 requires
    No you don't need the //. Here are the settings that worked for me:

1. Create mount point (via Internalz or Xterm): /media/internal/nas/share
    2. Configure Network Drive Mapper:
    Server: 192.168.1.153/share
    Mount point: nas/share
    Username: <user-name>
    Password: <password>
    3. Save and mount.

One quirk is the mount point, it cannot be an absolute path, it must be relative to /media/internal/, and without any leading slash.
    Hi Norf,

I'm a noob in ENYO development, and I would like to know if you could explain the method for calling system commands, because I did not find information in the official documentation.

I want to create an FTP client and samba for my personal use, but it is especially perfect for me.

Excuse me if my post isn't often understood, i'm french and I have not written in English for several years.

Wishing you a good evening.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast