1.    #1  
    l have Navit installed on both my pre 3 and touchpad. Use external bluetooth reciever on touchpad, internal on pre3. When trying to use on touch pad, it locates an starts to run fine, but after a few miles, it appears to slow down an does not keep up with actual position that I am at. It continues to fall farther behind, the longer I drive . This does not happen with the pre3. Any suggestions as how to correct this?
    Faced the same problem, here is what I found (based on source code):
    • external BT receiver data stream is managed by a dedicated NMEA parser that creates SDL events
    • parser mainly triggers on 2 specific lines: position and heading (every second)
    • this creates 2 SDL events => 2 full redraw per second
    • Touchpad is not able to perform 2 redraws / second
    • events are being stored in a queue, but processed (much) later, thus creating the (increasing) drift you see

When using its internal receiver, the Pre3 only generates 1 event per second, with half the number of pixels to deal with (so a total scale factor of 4 compared to Touchpad), which explains the (increasing) drift we see when comparing Pre2/Pre3 with Touchpad.
    Palm Pilot Pro -> M505 -> T|X -> (franken) Pre & Pixi -> Pre2 2.2.4 & TP
    Linphone port to webOS (1.4.x -> ...), lately working on NAVIT
    Navit for webOS is now being maintained by 72ka
    Navit release thread (current)

Do you think it is possible to combine position and heading into one re-draw request? Or alternate each variable per second / redraw?