Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
    I uploaded the 5760 version (actually the Pre3 one only as I couldn't find the others meanwhile I uploaded all versions) to my webpage. So if someone is interested, here it is:

http://www.tylla.hu/org.webosinterna...5760_armv7.ipk
    http://www.tylla.hu/org.webosinterna...5760_armv6.ipk
    http://www.tylla.hu/org.webosinterna...-0.1_armv7.ipk

@ KURT B:
    Normally you can download maps with the "Navit maps" app. If you start it, it should show your currently installed maps (if you have any), and a "+ Download new map" entry. If you tap this last one, it should load a list of possible map areas.
    But currently there is some problem with the navit map server(s) as a lot of servers are down. I could manage to download a map from Navit :: Planet Extractor
    Here you can select the region for download and after saving you can put it in the /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/maps folder.
    If you've never done this before, then you should read the original Navit thread here on webosnation and possibly the navit-project.org webpage too.

*edit: uploaded all versions and changed text according.
    Last edited by tylla; 03/10/2015 at 11:35 AM.
    Thank Tylla, I did down load 3 maps from Planet Extractor they worked great. Thanks for the link to 5760.
    Kurt B.
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Hi, thanks for this new thread.

The latest (and most advanced) release is here (tested by myself on pre3 a couple hours on the road):

Navit for webOS - r5760 by Jan Heřman (72ka)
    * current SVN version r5760 with fixes for webOS
    * custom gui layout
    * added Android-Car map layout, set this layout as default
    * recent translation strings
    * custom czech translation strings
    * added missing icons
    * !! IMPORTANT: To get new gui, delete /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/navit.xml first!!
    * Install only using WebOS quick install or Preware

The package contains a lot of new stuff, mainly the icons in more resolutions focused on Pre3 etc. Thats the reason why the package is around 7MB.
    It is not necesary to remove previous version, just do an update, the bookmarks etc. will be untouched.
    And again, dont forget to delete the /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/navit.xml before the install!

DOWNLOAD armv7 (Pre, Pre+, Pre2, Pre3, Veer) here: org.webosinternals.navit_0.5.0.5760_armv7.ipk
    DOWNLOAD armv6 (Palm Pixi, Pixi+) here:org.webosinternals.navit_0.5.0.5760_armv6.ipk

For the next releases, Im now introducing into webosinternals ecosystem, and then Ill continue the same way... please wait.
    Hi 72ka, happy new year !
    I tried to download the Navit file you mention (for my Pre2), but I only get a message that Google translates into "the file is not available". Where can I find it please? Thanks !
    Ive reuploaded both and updated the links in the Navit release thread (current)
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    Preemptive and wplust like this.
    Many thanks, 72ka!
    I updated my Navit app today. Will try it tomorrow for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by abcama View Post
    Many thanks, 72ka!
    I updated my Navit app today. Will try it tomorrow for sure.
    Hi again 72ka,
    I tried the new Navit version on my Pre2. It shows the map correctly when I enter an address... However, even after almost 1 hour, Navit didn't capture any signal from the GPS.
    Anything about Navit, or is my GPS dead?
    Any idea how to make it work again?
    Thanks.
    do you have wifi on , while trying to use the gps ?
    Check your GPS:

#*gps# for gsm or ##gps# for cdma phone. Then tap get fix button. Should wake it up.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Nafetz likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    Check your GPS:

#*gps# for gsm or ##gps# for cdma phone. Then tap get fix button. Should wake it up.
    Never heard this before
    In which application has this to be used? In Navit? And then there is a fix button?

So far I always used several apps like Navit, MapTool and GPS-Test in Device Info. If one of them gets a signal, the others get a signal after an app-restart - wich isn't so comfortable.
    use like making a phone call... aka dial that
    which means #*477# - I can confirm
    Looks promising - I'll try next time when I'm outdoor
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafetz View Post
    which means #*477# - I can confirm
    Looks promising - I'll try next time when I'm outdoor
    Thank you!
    Hi all,
    Thanks that worked!
    It took a long time with time overclock, but at last I got the GPS information.
    As per the accuracy... Not yet there (it shows me in the next street, about 50 meters from where I am.
    Is there any trick to improve it?
    give it time. If you don't have Location service enabled it might take up to 2 minutes for the gps to get good fix. When working in assisted mode(having wifi and Google Location Services) it's much faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by 60RH View Post
    give it time. If you don't have Location service enabled it might take up to 2 minutes for the gps to get good fix. When working in assisted mode(having wifi and Google Location Services) it's much faster.
    How do you get Google Location Service on Pre2?
    Quote Originally Posted by abcama View Post
    How do you get Google Location Service on Pre2?
    Location Services app, preferences drop down menu, locate me using...

Check both. But google services requires data connection to be on and working, of course.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Thanks once again !
    I learnt quite a lot with you
    No trick to enhance the GPS accuracy ?
    Anybody out there using Navit regularly in the U.S.?

The reason I ask, my new job will require me to use navigation.....didn't know if there was anyone out there that can attest to how well it works on a daily basis.

FYI, I will be on a daily route to different addresses within the DFW metroplex. I am fine with the metric stuff, just didn't know how reliable Navit is.

I am using a Veer on 2.1 with H2O as my mvno.

I should get a decent data signal so I can use GPS combined with Google services for location.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jccjmml7 View Post
    Anybody out there using Navit regularly in the U.S.?

The reason I ask, my new job will require me to use navigation.....didn't know if there was anyone out there that can attest to how well it works on a daily basis.

FYI, I will be on a daily route to different addresses within the DFW metroplex. I am fine with the metric stuff, just didn't know how reliable Navit is.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    I'm not in the US and don't use it daily, but it works OK for me. I have the search synergy so you can look up postal codes while online and also launch it from 72ka's Google maps.

The problem can be getting the GPS up, but I think that's a H/W problem. I've read reports that enabling wifi 'encourages' the GPS to wake up, but I don't know. It's known that the app will occasionally crash at random, but you can simply restart it.

Imperial is available if you do want it.
    Application:Navit - WebOS Internals - So you want Miles not km?

The UI is still very unintuitive, but now 72ka has taken over the development of the webOS version, we can hope it wil slowly improve.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 02/15/2015 at 08:01 PM.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I have had mixed results here in California (live in SoCal). Of course I have a Verizon Pre2, so the GPS might be flakier than in other models. Works OK for me most of the time in Southern California, but there is a freeway here where it wants me to make a bunch of turns even though I only need to go straight (nowhere near another fwy), and the GPS signal strength is 4 bars.

When I went to San Francisco it was sending me in circles, when I was trying to navigate downtown. It was just about unusable there, as I think the voice navigation can fall behind when there are too many turns. YMMV.

Note:
    I am using the Navit maps that I downloaded directly from the Navit Maps app a couple of years ago, so they may not be the best or most up to date either.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    NIN_ru likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Ive reuploaded both and updated the links in the Navit release thread (current)
    @72ka: any plans of a more recent version?
    (no push by any means, just asking ))
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast