Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 104
Like Tree27Likes
  1. #41  
    For me, Navit maps shows USA except for Alaska & Hawaii with those available separately. Then you can have Canada or the entirety of North America. No space for me to download these, but Illinois must be in there.

    So you are presumably looking for Illinois only. Have you tried the Planet extractor? Make your own map. This was the method before Navit Maps was available.

    Navit :: Planet Extractor
  2. #42  
    Thanks, I'll give that a try today and post how it worked.
    Kurt.
  3. #43  
    wow, I was able to down load a map, and get voice directions on my way home. Fantastic. Now I need to figure out how to get a larger map area and change the voice to someone more pleasant to listen to. I owe a couple of developers some kudos and donations. Thank you!

    Kurt.
  4. #44  
    Well it worked for a day. Now all I have is a blank map screen in Navit. Deleted uploaded maps then copied them back and still no maps. Any suggestions?
  5. #45  
    Er....

    You say maps - plural.

    In Navit Maps, there is a map manager. Perhaps you need to select which map you want to use?

    Or maybe in Navit try settings -> Advanced -> Maps

    Anything there?

    I only have one map, so I'm not sure if that's an issue...
  6. #46  
    Sorry, only had one map loaded in the maps folder. That same map shows up in Navit Maps and I did select it.
    Under Settings > Advance > Maps, there are selection for Route, Route Graph, Navigation, and Tracking. Should I reinstall Navit, and where can I get the latest IPK for it?

    Thanks for all your help.

    Kurt B.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by KURT B View Post
    Sorry, only had one map loaded in the maps folder. That same map shows up in Navit Maps and I did select it.
    How did you upload the map? Did you use the "Navit Maps" app to do the upload ?
    If you did then the map should be registered correctly. And then it should display in Navit under Settings > Advance > Maps.
  8. #48  
    I used navit planet extractor, USB to the map folder from PC.
    I just downloaded a new set of maps from planet extractor, copied them to map folder, and now it works.
    I can see all 3 maps in Navit, and select which one i want to view. I have no clue why its working now. I'll post how it works tomorrow. Still looking for a good link for the latest version.

    thanks,
    Kurt.
    Preemptive likes this.
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by KURT B View Post
    Still looking for a good link for the latest version.

    thanks,
    Kurt.
    Just see the first post of this thread: Navit release thread (current)
    This is the latest version if you will. It was build by 72ka - after ealier versions have not been build for some time.
    I use this version an many webos devices ..
  10. #50  
    I checked Preware and was surprised to see Navit available to install (because I have it installed already!)

    I wondered if this was because the Preware domain changed - could it break a generation of updates? I don't know. Strangely, I seem to have v0.5.0.5337-0.1 and the catalogue version is v0.5.05287-1

    As you see from the first post, 72ka has taken over development of Navit for webOS, so judging by his google maps app, the interface could get a lot easier to use...

    Update: Ah I see from MartinH@webos' post that I also need to upgrade and delete my xml setup file first!

    The latest version is 0.5.0.5760.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 09/11/2014 at 05:34 PM.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    I checked Preware and was surprised to see Navit available to install (because I have it installed already!)

    I wondered if this was because the Preware domain changed - could it break a generation of updates? I don't know. Strangely, I seem to have v0.5.0.5337-0.1 and the catalogue version is v0.5.05287-1

    As you see from the first post, 72ka has taken over development of Navit for webOS, so judging by his google maps app, the interface could get a lot easier to use...
    Well, I assume that the Preware version is based on the previous old implementation.
    The newer version v0.5.0.5760 by 72ka is not in Preware AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK - $but$ $in$ $this$ $thread$ $for$ $download$.
    Yes, the new version by 72ka is better in regards to speed, UI and it is more stable.
    I like some of the new UI and layout - which is similar to the Android version. It's not perfect - but you can tweak the UI yourself if you understand how to do. I started modifying a few things to get a better display on my TP GO device which is great for Navit use.
  12. #52  
    Uh oh!

    Tento soubor byl dostupný ke stažení pouze po dobu určenou jeho vlastníkem. Tato doba již vypršela a soubor již nelze stáhnout, děkujeme za pochopení.
    Translate:

    This file was available for download only for its intended owner. This time period has expired and the file can not be downloaded, thank you for your understanding.
    Well, the one I have still works, but if anyone has any ideas for an upgrade...
  13. #53  
    Navit still working this morning. Any one find a place to get the latest upgrade yet?
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by KURT B View Post
    Navit still working this morning. Any one find a place to get the latest upgrade yet?
    Hmm, looks like we need to wait for Jan Heřman (72ka) to upload his latest version again.

    I have a local copy of that file - but I will not upload to this forum until Jan allows me to do so.
  15. #55  
    No rush. As I say, the version I have works fine. I understand 72ka plans to update through Preware, so I'll wait for that - assuming it's possible to easily get things in Preware these days.
  16. #56  
    I hope Jan is still active here, just sent him kudos and a $ donation.
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by KURT B View Post
    I hope Jan is still active here, just sent him kudos and a $ donation.
    Uff... Noticed email with donation after couple of months! Sorry, I have not any email notification to the forums thread. I have to say, I'm not active for this time but still have webOS and plans for Maps and Navit also. The reason of my temporary inactivity are a lot of work, family and finalizing the house. I roughly looked to the recent posts and noticed that the download links are missing. This is easy to reupload, I have to find the binaries. Please give me some time. Btw I'm really glad to see that you like my build of Navit. Thank you.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    Preemptive and renater like this.
  18. wplust's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    #58  
    Thanks for your work Jan. Your Google Maps integration with Navit is one of the main reasons i've stayed with WebOS. Kudos.
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by juanspixi View Post
    Thanks for your work Jan. Your Google Maps integration with Navit is one of the main reasons i've stayed with WebOS. Kudos.
    Thank you, for me the same... It is my favorite task, to search on gmaps and then drive using Navit.

    By the way, I forget to write, the other reason of my recent inactivity is, that I finally moved to our new house in countryside, where is NOT internet connection.... I´m still in phase of exploring the possibilities, how to connect. But it is not now the highest priority. I´m expecting more activity in winter.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
  20. wplust's Avatar
    Posts
    41 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    #60  
    No worries. Look forward to trying the new version whenever a good link becomes available again. Thanks again and congrats on new house.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Navit 0.5.0.5287-1: new stable release
    By noradtux in forum Navit
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: 08/15/2016, 09:14 AM
  2. Navit 0.5.0.5243-2: new stable release
    By noradtux in forum Navit
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12/10/2012, 04:05 PM
  3. Navit 0.5.0.5243-1: new beta release
    By noradtux in forum Navit
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10/14/2012, 06:52 AM
  4. Navit release thread (legacy)
    By noradtux in forum Navit
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10/03/2012, 09:36 AM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07/17/2009, 08:02 PM

Posting Permissions