1.    #1  
    I've read tons of bits and pieces about putting speed camera warnings on Navit but I'm not familiar at all with scripts and custom configurations, I also tried NavitConfigurator but not sure that's gonna help, so if there's anyone who's done this pls point me to the solution. Also, downloading the maps via the planet extrator I noticed there's no mention of the date they were taken, and they seem quite dated in fact.. Thanks
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    I've read tons of bits and pieces about putting speed camera warnings on Navit but I'm not familiar at all with scripts and custom configurations, I also tried NavitConfigurator but not sure that's gonna help, so if there's anyone who's done this pls point me to the solution. Also, downloading the maps via the planet extrator I noticed there's no mention of the date they were taken, and they seem quite dated in fact.. Thanks
    At least in Germany with it's vivid community the OSM data is quite reliable, including the speed cameras. Navit Planet Extractor is pretty up to date, today's maps are from yesterday. I think it's updated with current data once a week. If you find outdated map information, you should try to get involved in the Open Street Maps project. You don't have to modify the map information by yourself, you can just report faults (like outdated fuel stations or hotels that don't exist any longer). There are volunteers who take care of the maps' details.

Entering customs POIs (e. g. speed cameras) is not that hard. I have done this for Enduromania motorbike rallye checkpoints. You need a POI data file in txt format, and the file has to be included in the navit.xml respectively the mapset.xml file. Details can be found in the navit wiki Custom POIs. You may have to reformat GPX or KML files for that purpose or use some conversion tools like gpsvisualizer.

HTH

Carsten
    Last edited by ZehHa; 03/28/2014 at 03:14 AM.