Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 107
Like Tree25Likes
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    My next goal, to build a new version of speech dispatcher is finished. Ive build the recent speech dispatcher with recent svn version of espeak (1.0.48-04). Ill share with you after some tests. The next challenge is to add an mbrola voice, which I find way better than espeak. You can listen the demo samples here:

    The MBROLA PROJECT HOMEPAGE

    Do you like it?
    Hhm... I still prefer the good old robot voice from espeak. Really!

    But many thanks for all your efforts. I didn't even get to compile a functioning navit app from source. Did you switch to the cmake environment?

    And another question: Is your webOS forum apps still working? On my Pre3, it isn't.
    Last edited by ZehHa; 03/26/2014 at 03:01 PM.
  2. #82  
    Hhm... I still prefer the good old robot voice from espeak. Really!

    But many thanks for all your efforts. I didn't even get to compile a functioning navit app from source. :-( Did you switch to the cmake environment?

    And another question: Is your webOS forum apps still working? On my Pre3, it isn't.
    There's a patch for Forums somewhere here on the forum that fixes most of the issues :-)


    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Herrie; 03/26/2014 at 03:10 PM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  3. #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    There's a patch for Forums somewhere here on the forum that fixes most of the issues :-)


    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    You rang? [Patch] Fixes and enhancements for Forums app
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 03/26/2014 at 02:25 PM.
  4. #84  
    Thanks a lot. Saw it quite a while ago. And forgot.

    Sorry for hijacking the thread...
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZehHa View Post
    Hhm... I still prefer the good old robot voice from espeak. Really!

    But many thanks for all your efforts. I didn't even get to compile a functioning navit app from source. Did you switch to the cmake environment?

    And another question: Is your webOS forum apps still working? On my Pre3, it isn't.
    So, today I succeed technically with mbrola, used the arm binary from site for Nokia N810 and the voice. But I'm disappointed, it is almost the same, because I didn' t know, that mbrola can' t translate the text into phonemes. So the espeak is still the main reason for such a robotic voice My result... leaving mbrola at all.

    About compiling, cmake didn't work for me, it is not working on debian also, so I used autotools even they are here almost deprecated.

    BTW my Forum app isn't patched, but I noticed that it lost around 50% of its functionality... like images, recent posts etc. Thanks for the link to the patch
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
  6. #86  
    I could tell yours wasn't patched as I removed the app catalog link since the basic functionality doesn't work anymore due to losing access to the forum directory. Images do work on some forums, but not this one. I am thinking it may have started when they did the mobile nations passport thing.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 03/26/2014 at 09:28 PM.
  7. #87  
    Just another idea/suggestion: Navit has a feature called "trafic distortion". Would be nice to get this enabled in webOS navit. Could be done as an additional menu entry in the "Map" submenu. When chosen, this point (typically a road contruction site) is marked as blocked, and navit's algorithm will try to find an alternative route.
    Last edited by ZehHa; 03/27/2014 at 03:00 AM.
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZehHa View Post
    Just another idea/suggestion: Navit has a feature called "trafic distortion". Would be nice to get this enabled in webOS navit. Could be done as an additional menu entry in the "Map" submenu. When chosen, this point (typically a road contruction site) is marked as blocked, and navit's algorithm will try to find an alternative route.
    Wow, thank you for this tip. I didnt know, that Navit contains such a feature! Even Im navit user since 2007!
    I found it is only in GTK-gui on the rigt-click, but your tip look possible. Ill see.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
  9. #89  
    Well, since we're on adding more features to 72ka list - here's another one:
    http://chemeris.ru/navit/index.html

    This integrates navit with some images from google maps.
    It's using python script and it seems that somebody already integrate python to pre2!
    https://thp.io/2011/webos/
    Funny enough the youtube demo video on the bottom of the page That Rabbit Game - webOS port looks like the infamous flappy bird game - just few years before it so it's good show off for webOS port

    P.S. I understand that this py script is from 2008 and gmaps API and terms of use most likely have changed but it seems that it might be useful in some way if data connection is available and maybe for checking real traffic condition sourced from google and used with the traffic distortion in navit to avoid certain roads.
  10. #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    My next goal, to build a new version of speech dispatcher is finished. Ive build the recent speech dispatcher with recent svn version of espeak (1.0.48-04). Ill share with you after some tests. The next challenge is to add an mbrola voice, which I find way better than espeak. You can listen the demo samples here:

    The MBROLA PROJECT HOMEPAGE

    Do you like it?
    As you mentioned in later post it's almost the same as espeak
    For me the best text to speach I've heard is the one on the amazon kindle ereaders but I have no clue what engine they're using and most likely it's not free.
  11. #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by 60RH View Post
    Well, since we're on adding more features to 72ka list - here's another one:
    http://chemeris.ru/navit/index.html

    This integrates navit with some images from google maps.
    Hi, it is interresting, but looks that works only in 2D, I always use a 3D perspective during trip.

    BTW, check the Google maps thread, I just released 0.3.2 with the Route with Navit function fix.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
  12. #92  
    Sure I'll check it. yeah it'll make sense to be 2d only since google default view is flat 2D as well.
    Switching between 2d/3d is easy so even if this is enabled on 2d or user configurable still might get handy.
    Also I'm anxious to try the speak dispatcher service with the latest build.
    I'm using the small patch to the phone app that speaks the caller name so I can decide whether to pull the phone out of my pocket or even look at it
    But wanted to change from the default voice with no luck.
    Thanks a bunch!
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by 60RH View Post
    Sure I'll check it. yeah it'll make sense to be 2d only since google default view is flat 2D as well.
    Switching between 2d/3d is easy so even if this is enabled on 2d or user configurable still might get handy.
    Also I'm anxious to try the speak dispatcher service with the latest build.
    I'm using the small patch to the phone app that speaks the caller name so I can decide whether to pull the phone out of my pocket or even look at it
    But wanted to change from the default voice with no luck.
    Thanks a bunch!
    Hi, great idea with the patch!! Feel free to try my speech dispatcher build here:
    org.webosinternals.speechd_0.7.1-15_armv7.ipk

    So, you mean you need to change default voice, to the other, e.g. female? Or to another language?
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
  14. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post

    * !! IMPORTANT: To get new gui, delete /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/navit.xml first!!
    * Install only using WebOS quick install

    The package contains a lot of new stuff, mainly the icons in more resolutions focused on Pre3 etc. Thats the reason why the package is around 7MB.
    Enjoy it and let me know if it works!
    It is not necesary to remove previous version, just do an update, the bookmarks etc. will be untouched.
    And again, dont forget to delete the /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/navit.xml before the install!!
    Thanks ! After 2-3 install attempts and a final Pre3 reboot I was able to install the new version.
    Before I had manually renamed the navit.xml file and now I have a new UI.
    I first need to understand the new menu structure to get used to it. Great to see something new&different.

    I've not tried too much yet and did not use the new version with GPS navigation yet.
  15. #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Hi, great idea with the patch!! Feel free to try my speech dispatcher build here:
    org.webosinternals.speechd_0.7.1-15_armv7.ipk

    So, you mean you need to change default voice, to the other, e.g. female? Or to another language?
    Not mine idea and patch. It's the OP's idea and I had that patch on my phone for a while.
    Changing the voice was what I was trying but it always used default even if I change it in the service call.
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by 60RH View Post
    As you mentioned in later post it's almost the same as espeak
    For me the best text to speach I've heard is the one on the amazon kindle ereaders but I have no clue what engine they're using and most likely it's not free.
    I have never heard the kindle voice but that sprint nav lady was pretty smooth. She can drive me over a cliff any time
  17. #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I have never heard the kindle voice but that sprint nav lady was pretty smooth. She can drive me over a cliff any time
    Ha ha - don't think that is a good thing
  18. #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I have never heard the kindle voice but that sprint nav lady was pretty smooth. She can drive me over a cliff any time
    LOL! How are you doing now that Sprint has stopped providing Telenav for free? Does the app still work? I never reinstalled it on my last FrankenPre2 build since they dropped it.
  19. #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    LOL! How are you doing now that Sprint has stopped providing Telenav for free? Does the app still work? I never reinstalled it on my last FrankenPre2 build since they dropped it.
    When launched it tries to connect and then gives an error message, cant connect to server or something like that. I'll just use the icon for navit.

    I have since gotten car radio with navigation and it works pretty good. Inputting where you wanna go is more like the navit way instead of the sprint way which I think was easier. Over all I prefer the car navigation because I think with the phone I would have to put the radio on bluetooth to hear through the speakers but when integrated into the car radio it doesn't matter what source its on, it just takes over when it has something to say. Can show buildings instead of just streets, and can choose between natural voice without street names or robot voice attempting to say street names. I choose natural voice.

    I am still interesting in phone navigation for times when I need it, and besides its supposed to have it..
  20. #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Hi,

    Ive decided to build the Navit by myself, because of very old package in Preware. I just built the package with the current svn 0.5.0.5337-0.1 for my personal use and now decided to share it with you.

    The recent code contains a lot of translation changes and changes in the app itself. I feel the app start is faster and the app speed is faster also. Tested only on my Pre3.
    Because I have not enough space on my ftp server, I pushed the build here:

    org.webosinternals.navit_0.5.0.5337-0.1_armv7.ipk | Uloz.to
    To make it easier to find, I would suggest either starting a new thread, or modifiying the first posting. How about a thread "Navit - latest release", keeping that one up to date, and making it sticky? And it would be desirable to get the actual build into the preware feeds, IMHO.

    [edit] Oh, wait - there is a sticky thread already, "Navit release thread". Started by "noradtux" Malte, and closed. How about re-opening this one? [/edit]
    Last edited by ZehHa; 04/10/2014 at 02:58 AM.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions