Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
    Hi, the UI is very flexible and agree, still not easy to learn. I want to change the UI setting to respect the deafult recent svn version r5754, where is "subfolder" Actions at first. The OSD for webOS is in my opinion one of the best OSD┤s at all, so there┤s nothing to be done, except some improvements. And I like the "Car-android" map layout instead of default Car, because there┤s a green arrow for position and the map is more readable. I┤ll see.. but I have still troubles with the png files, I found that there┤s some issue in recent graphics.c code, which contains a lot of changes since r5287. But everything other works, so it means, when I┤ll fix this, it could be ready for testing.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    I must agree. The sprint nav UI was very friendly. Can it be simulated?
    I think yes. You can configure OSD and gui_internal (the main black menu) using xml file. It would be great to reorganize it to be easier and change the icons to look more serious. I have to say, it is true, at first look Navit looks more like a toy than a serious navigation app. But the power comes from the flexibility and plugins and using OSM maps. The idea is very good.
    Microsoft Lumia 535, the Google Maps, Maps, wInNeR, Gas&Oil, HERE maps for webOS development
    So does navit have an option to use natural voice. I believe how this normally works is synthesized voice attempts to give street names and natural voice only gives directions.

Also has anyone attempted to to change form metres to miles

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    By the way, could this telenav scout for apps work on webos? http://developer.telenav.com/sdkweb/scout?app=scout
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Looks interesting. I'd guess it would be possible to make a webOS app that would connect to the API.

72ka has the knowledge for this, so he may have the definitive answer.

Of course, the advantage for Navit is that you don't require an internet or even phone connection to use it.

I also have a Navit app to download maps and enabled it in Just Type to search using postal codes - I assume licensing issues prevent this function being included in the app and these additional items do require a data connection - at least at the start of your trip!

I haven't come across a manual, but I think I understand the basic functions. I could post something for others to add to and we can produce a manual if you like. Of course, if there already is one, someone please point to it to avoid duplication of effort.

EDIT: There is a wiki http://wiki.navit-project.org/index....eneral_Options
    It seems you need to edit navit.xml which is in the appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/ folder.
    Imperial units

By default, Navit use the metric system of measurements when displaying or announcing distances, speeds etc. However, you can configure Navit to display and announce these values in imperial units. Simply add an imperial attribute to the Navit tag, and set its value to 1, as shown below:

imperial="1"

Speeds should now be displayed in units of miles-per-hour, whilst distances are converted to miles (large distances) and feet (small distances).
    Last edited by Preemptive; 03/20/2014 at 09:09 PM.
    Hi, after a lot of builds, because I hadn┤t idea where is the problem of missing images, I finally found the issue and fixed it. So the bad commint to the SVN for webOS was the commit 5760, which disabled the essential SDL library. So after reverting this patch on the recent r5760, it works on webOS again. It is very fresh, but the app looks stable and fast.
    Meantime I found the issue why the localization is sometimes missing, even if it is translated on Launchpad.
    Next, I want to change the UI a little and then I┤ll prepare the build for you. Stay tuned
    Hi, I touched a little the UI. Just reorganized more logically and changed some icons and behaviour. I think that's enough for the test build.

BTW. I tried the above mentioned most recent build and it was very good and fast. Looks ready for everyday use.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    So does navit have an option to use natural voice. I believe how this normally works is synthesized voice attempts to give street names and natural voice only gives directions.

Also has anyone attempted to to change form meters to miles
    P.S.:I see that it was answered already

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    yes, I've switched from km->miles and back for the times when I needed to. It's in the wiki page and it work just fine.
    Hi,

finally my build looks ready for testers. Some notices:

Navit for webOS - r5760 by Jan Heřman (72ka)
    * current SVN version r5760 with fixes for webOS
    * custom gui layout
    * added Android-Car map layout, set this layout as default
    * recent translation strings
    * custom czech translation strings
    * added missing icons
    * !! IMPORTANT: To get new gui, delete /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/navit.xml first!!
    * Install only using WebOS quick install or Preware

The package contains a lot of new stuff, mainly the icons in more resolutions focused on Pre3 etc. That┤s the reason why the package is around 7MB.
    Enjoy it and let me know if it works!
    It is not necesary to remove previous version, just do an update, the bookmarks etc. will be untouched.
    And again, don┤t forget to delete the /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/navit.xml before the install!!

DOWNLOAD armv7 (Pre, Pre+, Pre2, Pre3, Veer) here: org.webosinternals.navit_0.5.0.5760_armv7.ipk
    DOWNLOAD armv6 (Palm Pixi, Pixi+) here:org.webosinternals.navit_0.5.0.5760_armv6.ipk
    Last edited by 72ka; 03/26/2014 at 04:16 AM.
    Preemptive and 60RH like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    Hi,

finally my build looks ready for testers. Some notices:

Navit for webOS - r5760 by Jan Heřman (72ka)
    * current SVN version r5760 with fixes for webOS
    * custom gui layout
    * added Android-Car map layout, set this layout as default
    * recent translation strings
    * custom czech translation strings
    * added missing icons
    * !! IMPORTANT: To get new gui, delete /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/navit.xml first!!
    * Install only using WebOS quick install or Preware

The package contains a lot of new stuff, mainly the icons in more resolutions focused on Pre3 etc. That┤s the reason why the package is around 7MB.
    Enjoy it and let me know if it works!
    It is not necesary to remove previous version, just do an update, the bookmarks etc. will be untouched.
    And again, don┤t forget to delete the /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/navit.xml before the install!!
    Hi,

Just a couple of notes:
    If you rename the existing navit.xml to something else (e.g. OLDnavit.xml), then you can (presumably?) revert the GUI by swapping the file back if you don't like the new one... deletion is so final! ;-)

Also, for semi-ignorant users like me, could you add device types to the arm 6 / 7 links? I think I know, but I'll have to check. Is v6 pixi only, or are there other v6 devices?

Thanks again for all your work I shall try the new version.
    So...

I easily deleted the xml with internalz pro, then went to Preware to update.
    But Update was not a choice, so i removed then installed.
    When i opened it appeared the same, so i went back to Preware, and now there was a choice to update, so i did.
    But Then i saw the version on Preware said .5287 not .5760. Confused, i decided it might be smartest to download from the provided link and use WOSQI.
    so to be sure i was getting the newest info, i deleted the whole directory. Then installed with quick install.
    After install it looks the same but there is no map. Because i deleted my map with that directory! So now i am using Navit map installer to reinstall the 1.2gig map which is 60% after 5 mins.

People like me are why hair dryers are labeled to not use in the bathtub. If there's a way to botch it up we will figure out how no matter how much we did not want to.
    People like me are why hair dryers have warning labels not to use in the bathtub. 😢😢
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    You install process ended ?
    In my Pre nop.
    The looks isn't change and the version in Preware says .5287 too.
    Quote Originally Posted by s3rgei View Post
    You install process ended ?
    In my Pre nop.
    The looks isn't change and the version in Preware says .5287 too.
    Hi, because of 7MB package, it takes a minute or more to install. I noticed that the best way is use WOSQI. When the device is connected, go to standby mode on device (when the display screen is off) and then start Install. Dont touch the phone until Install is complete.

Btw I tested this build on:

Pre3 2.2.4
    Pre Plus 2.1
    Veer 2.1

I am really excited how it works on the Veer in comparsion to preware build, the fix is stable and fast, app is fast also.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Generally, I know, my posts and instructions could be a bit confusing, sorry for that. I'm deeply in these things and I know that from your side the instructions are not sufficient. I am sometimes mixing words like Preware, which sometimes means the app itself, sometimes the feeds. So, the 'Install from Preware' is wrong, there's no my builds.
    For easy understanding, always download the files from provided links and then install using WOSQI only.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    hi 72ka,
    Thanks again for your job.
    I wait a reasonable time until write this...
    After a cup of test I done: delete the folder, install 5760 and reintall the maps.
    Thats all folks.

An issue (I suspect): in Landscape mode, there is a "foot bar" of 1 cm. In other words the image is smalest than older version, It may be ?

My Pre run 2.2.3
    For me I had to restart the device after the install but I assume that renaming the navit.xml caused this most likely.
    Btw like the fat android route and the finish flag but missing the blue car and the flashing back lights when in motion
    Missing traffic lights which are easy to count in order to make the right turn and the contrast on the map is bad compared to the default.
    I guess I can always change it to the default one.
    Quote Originally Posted by s3rgei View Post
    hi 72ka,
    Thanks again for your job.
    I wait a reasonable time until write this...
    After a cup of test I done: delete the folder, install 5760 and reintall the maps.
    Thats all folks.

An issue (I suspect): in Landscape mode, there is a "foot bar" of 1 cm. In other words the image is smalest than older version, It may be ?

My Pre run 2.2.3
    Hi, I didn┤t touched the OSD, it is the same as in r5287, the 1cm foot bar is correct. There are space for two rows of text.
    Quote Originally Posted by 60RH View Post
    For me I had to restart the device after the install but I assume that renaming the navit.xml caused this most likely.
    Btw like the fat android route and the finish flag but missing the blue car and the flashing back lights when in motion
    Missing traffic lights which are easy to count in order to make the right turn and the contrast on the map is bad compared to the default.
    I guess I can always change it to the default one.
    Yes, just go to Settings-Display-Layout and check the first Car.
    My next goal, to build a new version of speech dispatcher is finished. I┤ve build the recent speech dispatcher with recent svn version of espeak (1.0.48-04). I┤ll share with you after some tests. The next challenge is to add an mbrola voice, which I find way better than espeak. You can listen the demo samples here:

The MBROLA PROJECT HOMEPAGE

Do you like it?
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 72ka View Post
    My next goal, to build a new version of speech dispatcher is finished. I┤ve build the recent speech dispatcher with recent svn version of espeak (1.0.48-04). I┤ll share with you after some tests. The next challenge is to add an mbrola voice, which I find way better than espeak. You can listen the demo samples here:

The MBROLA PROJECT HOMEPAGE

Do you like it?
    Hi, Thanks for another answer.

For me, Spanish: es2 is correct.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast