webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Navit > Installation Issues
Installation Issues

Old 10/29/2012, 10:58 AM   #1 (permalink)

Having problems installing Navit from Preware. I installed Navit Maps fine, and had it download a map (also no issues). I try to install Navit v0.5.0.5243-2 and it downloads 3627k, attempts to install and says "Application Installed" and then I choose "Launch" and nothing happens. I check the IPKG log and the last line in the Install section is { "ticket":2, "status":"FAILED_IPKG_INSTALL" }

Is it possible it's failing to install because it wants speech dispatcher installed already? If so, where would I get it since I don't see it in any of the Feeds in Preware (unless I'm missing a feed that contains it).

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

Device Info:
Pre2 Verizon (on PagePlus)
Webos version 2.1

Last edited by DRConsult; 10/29/2012 at 10:59 AM. Reason: typo
DRConsult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/2012, 08:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

when Navit is installed by preware speech dispatcher is part of the installation. I suggest you remove both Navit maps and Navit,reboot and then re-install the other way around. Navit works fine on a Pre2.
PreRunr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/2013, 03:02 PM   #3 (permalink)

Bump.

Still hunting through the forums, but having the same issue on a Sprint Pre 2. Just tried (for second time) to uninstall and reinstall (Navit, then Navit Maps). I can open Navit Maps and download data. But when I try to launch Navit, nothing happens. I tap the icon, it recognizes the tap, but then nothing. Not even a card popping up.

I do note that the Navit.xml file is blank.
ananimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/12/2013, 03:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

Update: Okay, so from other things I read I tried uninstalling Navit and Navit Maps. I then deleted the left over /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit folder (after first temporarily relocating my map data). Reinstalled and now Navit will run.

Now just trying to sort out why it doesn't get a GPS lock.

Edit: Which I succeeded with after noticing the v0.2, realizing the first Navit download is old, updating my feeds and letting the update do its magic. All's A-OK!

Incidentally, I've tried sporadically over the past year or so to use Navit. First success, and yeah, nice work! :-D Now looking at moving from Sprint Pre 2 to a Straigh Talk Pre 3 and can still have turn-by-turn, so thank you all.

Last edited by ananimus; 01/12/2013 at 04:51 PM.
ananimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/23/2013, 02:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

I am having the same problem that a lot of others have had with installing navit. I have a pixi plus. I tried un-installing and deleting and trying again...but no luck.

Any suggestions? Since Sprint is getting rid of their navigation app on webos I really need something to work...
Old 12/16/2013, 11:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

I'm having trouble installing Navit on my Pre. It installs from Preware. Navit Maps installs from Preware. I thought I downloaded the North American Map. It took several hours to download. When I launched Navit, the map area was blank.
purplepansy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/16/2013, 11:26 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepansy View Post
I'm having trouble installing Navit on my Pre. It installs from Preware. Navit Maps installs from Preware. I thought I downloaded the North American Map. It took several hours to download. When I launched Navit, the map area was blank.
I think it's better to get the map you want and install it to your usb drive of the pre in the proper directory. Don't have time but you can read the navit wiki page how to do this
laingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/17/2013, 02:43 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by laingman View Post
I think it's better to get the map you want and install it to your usb drive of the pre in the proper directory. Don't have time but you can read the navit wiki page how to do this
I downloaded the North American Map to my PC from Navit :: Planet Extractor using the Planet Extractor. I copied it to the media\internal\appdata\org.webosinternals.navit\maps directory on my Pre. I installed Navit Car Navigation from Preware. Launched Navit, and no map is displayed. Is there a post installation setup document somewhere?
purplepansy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/2013, 08:21 AM   #9 (permalink)

I'm having trouble mojowhatsup on pre 3 not working
Chandu Naidu is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0