Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    Navit 0.5.0.5243-2 will be in the stable feed soon. It fixes the missing buttons from 0.5.0.5243-1.
    It seems to be quite stable, it hasn't crashed on my Pre3 for some time.

    As usual, put any feedback into this thread.

    /Malte
    renater and Holliefant like this.
  2. #2  
    Great work. Good improvements. Works nicely on my Pre2

    HOWEVER - I can't find documented what the vehicle source should be on my Touchpad to use a BT GPS (trying to use PreGO GPS on my Pre2, which is called Roo's Pre2 GPS)
    Tried file://dev/spp_rx_25, but no go - get "vehicle_file:vehicle_file_new_file:Failed to open 'file://dev/spp_rx_25'"
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by nzpling View Post
    Great work. Good improvements. Works nicely on my Pre2

    HOWEVER - I can't find documented what the vehicle source should be on my Touchpad to use a BT GPS (trying to use PreGO GPS on my Pre2, which is called Roo's Pre2 GPS)
    Tried file://dev/spp_rx_25, but no go - get "vehicle_file:vehicle_file_new_file:Failed to open 'file://dev/spp_rx_25'"
    Basically you just need to make sure your TP is connected to the GPS-receiver/Pre _and_ the receiver has GPS in it's connection name. If these preconditions are fulfilled, Navit should automagically use the Bluetooth GPS receiver.

    /Malte
  4. #4  
    Thanks for adding the destination history to the UI!
    : (){:|:&};:
  5. s3rgei's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    #5  
    Hi Noradtux.
    First, thanks for your job !

    I update my version today, and this (0.5.0.5243-2) crash on my Pre3.
    Run, put right icons and close.
    Any Idea ?
  6. #6  
    I just upgraded my pre plus to newer version of Navit. It launches and then immediately turns off and quits. Help. How can I get back to older version of Navit, or what can I do to fix.
  7. #7  
    GPS and Vehicle Error with PRE -, 1.45. Had to reinstall Ver. 0.5.0 4787M.
    Navit Log Error: '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit/lib/navit/vehicle/libvehicle_webos.so: undefined symbol: PDL_GetParamJson
  8. #8  
    This version keeps crashing my Pre3.

    How can I revert to previous releases?
  9. s3rgei's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by s3rgei View Post
    Hi Noradtux.
    First, thanks for your job !

    I update my version today, and this (0.5.0.5243-2) crash on my Pre3.
    Run, put right icons and close.
    Any Idea ?
    Well, I'm one step beyond.
    The files /media/crysptofs/apps/usr/palm/application/org.webosinternals.navit/share/navit/xpm/PreNav/*64_84.png are missing.
    I rename the *64_64 with *64_84. Crash too. But, the "speech_dispatcher" is the problem now.
    I will try to modify the script to not use it and then tell them.
    Last edited by s3rgei; 10/19/2012 at 11:12 AM.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by docsdad View Post
    I just upgraded my pre plus to newer version of Navit. It launches and then immediately turns off and quits. Help. How can I get back to older version of Navit, or what can I do to fix.
    Same thing here on my Pre3. Launches, get some icons on the right and crashes... what could be the problem?
  11.    #11  
    To those with crashes:
    Please try renaming appdata/org.webosinternals.navit to something else like appdata/org.webosinternals.navit.sav to move the old config out of the way. To me it sounds like a broken config or broken maps.
    So please also redownload your maps.

    /Malte
  12. #12  
    After the problem on my Pre Plus, I removed Navit, reinstalled and it works now. Must have had a problem when i first put it on. On my touchpad, it works well with my Delorme Earthmate GPS BT-20 receiver. Whoops, no buttons on my Plus. Then update comes, and then it goes back to crashing and turning off again. I will try the change you suggest and see if it helps/ I hate to change maps, as I have a USA complete map that is less that 2 Meg. Old one.
    Last edited by docsdad; 10/20/2012 at 06:52 AM.
  13. #13  
    Changed the name of the file. Reinstalled Navit, It appeared to load and run. No map shown as I had not reloaded map or tried to move old map. Then had update appear in prewar. Installed update. Now does not work. Removed Navit. Removed the new app file. Reinstalled, navit. Loads, and then shuts down immediately. Have not loaded any maps.
  14. #14  
    i keep getting the following error when i try to install:
    invalid or corrupt package org.webosinternals.navit_0.2.0.3490_4.arm.ipg
    i've removed the original app and tried a few times but get the same error each time - any help greatly appreciated as picking up a hire car in texas on tuesday and likely to get very lost without navit!
  15. #15  
    Hello guys.
    I also have the launch and crash issue on my pre2.
    What can i do to help debuging ?
    launching is form novaterm is not very explicit:
    Code:
    :/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit# ./navit.sh 
    mv: can't rename '/media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit//navit.log.8.gz': No such file or directory
    mv: can't rename '/media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit//navit.log.7.gz': No such file or directory
    mv: can't rename '/media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit//navit.log.6.gz': No such file or directory
    mv: can't rename '/media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit//navit.log.5.gz': No such file or directory
    mv: can't rename '/media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit//navit.log.4.gz': No such file or directory
    mv: can't rename '/media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit//navit.log.3.gz': No such file or directory
    mv: can't rename '/media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit//navit.log.2.gz': No such file or directory
    config file n is set to `/media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit//navit.xml'
    sh: gdb: not found
    as I don't know who to fix gdb missing
  16. s3rgei's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by noradtux View Post
    To those with crashes:
    Please try renaming appdata/org.webosinternals.navit to something else like appdata/org.webosinternals.navit.sav to move the old config out of the way. To me it sounds like a broken config or broken maps.
    So please also redownload your maps.

    /Malte
    No way.
    I uninstalled everything, deleted the folder, reinstalled via Preware, and even redownload the map still crash.
  17. #17  
    same here.
  18. #18  
    Navit or the preware Google Maps.....that is the question. I do like the idea of having the maps on the phone
  19. s3rgei's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by s3rgei View Post
    No way.
    I uninstalled everything, deleted the folder, reinstalled via Preware, and even redownload the map still crash.
    I got it!
    The problem was the speechdispatcher.
    I uninstalled everything (includ this daemon) and then install the full Navit that reinstall the package.
    Problem solved !.
  20. s3rgei's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by latetothepalmparty View Post
    Navit or the preware Google Maps.....that is the question. I do like the idea of having the maps on the phone
    BOTH !
    The maps on phone are great !
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions