1.    #1  
    Hello.

I've got the latest version of Navit from Preware (0.5.0.4787M) and my phone is running WebOS 2.2.4.
    I seem to be experiencing the UK longitude bug that other threads on this forum say have been fixed in this version.
    That is, my position often shows up a few miles to the west of where I actually am. For example, when I'm in Stansted, Navit shows I'm in Stevenage, which is ten miles or so directly west. Other applications (well, the webOS map app) show the correct location.

Is there anything I can do to fix this, or is it a Navit bug that needs to be addressed?
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelybird View Post
    Is there anything I can do to fix this, or is it a Navit bug that needs to be addressed?
    Sorry, but no and no. It is a WebOS-bug that only affects native Linux applications. I thought we had a workaround for this, but apparently it doesn't work always.
    I hope that HP will also open the source for their location services, so we maybe can see how they do it.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for a quick reply!

Ah well. That's a shame about the bug, but luckily I can find my way around with a paper map.
    Quote Originally Posted by noradtux View Post
    Sorry, but no and no. It is a WebOS-bug that only affects native Linux applications. I thought we had a workaround for this, but apparently it doesn't work always.
    I hope that HP will also open the source for their location services, so we maybe can see how they do it.
    I thought your workaround works and it partly does as long as you are in the longitude strip between Greenwich Meridian and One degree West of Greenwich. However with the current "navit fix" if you are between Greenwich meridian and one degree east the longitude value is multiplied by minus one, so 0.5 degree east becomes 0.5 degree west.

The original PDK webOS longitude inversion bug only affected longitudes between Greenwich and One Degree West and after the Navit "fix" it only affects longitudes between Greenwich and One Degree East!

I think what we need is a bit of code which multiplies the longitude value by minus one only if it lies between Greenwich meridian (0.0) and One Degree West rather than all longitude values between 1 and -1.