1.    #1  
    hi. i wanted to download maps for navit on webos with the navit maps app, but for every map i choose to download appears a full bar like its already downloaded and stays there. i can only cancel it. nothing else happens. i cant use the navit maps apps at all, to search, to download, or to delete a map. i tried resetting, full erase, webos doctor, but the same problem. can someone help?
    Hi,
    which map are you trying to download? The bar always is full at the beginning, so I guess the transfer isn't starting at all.

/noradtux
    I'm trying to download USA(except Alaska and Hawaii) it downloads but then doesn't let you do anything else. I have to swipe to cancel download. The download it 2GiB. I'm using my wifi on my home network.

Pre +
    WebOS 1.45
    Navit Maps 0.0.5-2
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by setinhere View Post
    I'm trying to download USA(except Alaska and Hawaii) it downloads but then doesn't let you do anything else. I have to swipe to cancel download. The download it 2GiB. I'm using my wifi on my home network.

Pre +
    WebOS 1.45
    Navit Maps 0.0.5-2
    The problem is that the media internal portion is formated as vFat. For that reason the max file size is 2GB. Try to download a smaller part of the map, perhaps only your state.

If you need a bigger one you can download more the one state or a use Navit :: Planet Extractor to download a map of your choice and the transfer it to you Palm via USB.

HaPe
    Ok will do. Thank you!
    Did this work for you? I'm having the same symptom. I live in Tennessee and can't see a smaller portion of the US that contains Tennessee, so is my only solution this NAVIT::Planet Extractor?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

I have managed to download a smaller map successfully. I entered an address but cannot get Navit to work. With some sliding on the screen the map moves but the current location is inaccurate, the map isn't clear either so using it as a navigation tool isn't possible yet! I would certainly appreciate any help.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    setup to use Navit-Maps if you want to go to an address quickly.. Explained here
    Navit-Maps: Map manager and launcher for Navit
    Note that if you have an address you keep going to, bookmark it. Also if your address is near a bookmark location use that and move the map and save the location in the middle of the screen. Its all explained in the wiki
    Application:Navit - WebOS Internals
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    setup to use Navit-Maps if you want to go to an address quickly.. Explained here
    Navit-Maps: Map manager and launcher for Navit
    Note that if you have an address you keep going to, bookmark it. Also if your address is near a bookmark location use that and move the map and save the location in the middle of the screen. Its all explained in the wiki
    Application:Navit - WebOS Internals
    Right, I've managed to get Navit to work but only when Wifi is on! Is data connection a requirement?
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    when you use the Navit-Maps to get an address it does use a Google service to get the GPS coordinates of the address. So yes you need a data connection via wifi or 3G. If you have no connection usually the street can be found with the Navit app so that will put you on the screen. However, the street number depends upon the quality of the OpenStreetMap for the location.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    when you use the Navit-Maps to get an address it does use a Google service to get the GPS coordinates of the address. So yes you need a data connection via wifi or 3G. If you have no connection usually the street can be found with the Navit app so that will put you on the screen. However, the street number depends upon the quality of the OpenStreetMap for the location.
    Hi, what I am still unclear about is if I use data (in my case wifi) to start Navit, once it's loaded I can turn wifi off and Navit still continues to navigate. Navit, or the Pre3, is clearly using GPS then. So why doesn't it use it to begin with - or how do I ensure I don't require wifi?