1.    #1  
    Hi!

I had installed this app last Christmas. Now, viewing the WebOS Internals site, I saw that it have more skins, but the instructions do not match with what I have in the navit.xml

The WebOS Internals said:
    Installation of Navit only copies in the new XML files if the Navit.xml is not there. You need to delete the old ones to get the new. Preware does NOT REMOVE THEM!

You find the xml files on the USB drive J: (or another drive X: when your Pre is in USB mode (not charge only mode) depending upon your PC setup.
    Located here J:/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/
    To switch between the three skins shown below you need to open the navit.xml in appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/ . At the bottom you find the section where the skin is included. Remove the comment markers from the skin you plan to use and add them to the current skin. For example to use < !-- <xi:include href="$NAVIT_USER_DATADIR/navit_gui.xml"/> -- > remove the < !-- and the -- > and ADD the same in front and back of the existing skin, for example <xi:include href="$NAVIT_USER_DATADIR/navit_gui_PreNav.xml"/>. There is NO SPACE between the < and -- and similarly between -- and > in the code. The space appears in this wiki text due to formatting issues.
    But my navit.xml in the bottom said:
    Code:
    <xi:include href="$NAVIT_USER_DATADIR/maps/*.xml"/>
    <xi:include href="$NAVIT_USER_DATADIR/guis/*.xml"/>
    <xi:include href="$NAVIT_USER_DATADIR/osds/*.xml"/>
    <xi:include href="$NAVIT_USER_DATADIR/layouts/*.xml"/>
    <xi:include href="$NAVIT_USER_DATADIR/vehicle-profiles/*.xml"/>
    I think it included all the skins calling to folder osds, but I don'f found where to change it in the app.

And i saw that in this folder, I only have one xml, and three xml.dis files and three xml.dis.md5sum files. Where I can found the other xml files?
    Last edited by Laegnur; 01/09/2012 at 07:13 AM.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Look here. I admit the instructions are old and may be confusing.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    So I have the 3 files you posted of the xml files. I put them in the root appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/ folder. I commented out each version 1 at a time and all the map layouts looked the same to me, but all the surrounding icons looked slightly mis-aligned and had shadowing behind them looking wrong. Am I missing something? Do you have to download something else? I'm going back to normal for now.

Code:

<xi:include href="$NAVIT_USER_DATADIR/maps/*.xml"/>
    		<xi:include href="$NAVIT_USER_DATADIR/guis/*.xml"/>
    		<xi:include href="$NAVIT_USER_DATADIR/osds/*.xml"/>
    		<xi:include href="$NAVIT_USER_DATADIR/layouts/*.xml"/>
    		<xi:include href="$NAVIT_USER_DATADIR/vehicle-profiles/*.xml"/>
    		<!-- <xi:include href="$NAVIT_USER_DATADIR/navit_gui.xml"/> -->
            <!--<xi:include href="$NAVIT_USER_DATADIR/navit_gui_pre.xml"/> -->
    		<!-- <xi:include href="$NAVIT_USER_DATADIR/navit_gui_PreNav.xml"/> -->
    	</navit>
    </config>
    Any input would be great. Thanks!
    Last edited by RyanCell; 02/15/2012 at 10:22 AM.
    (looking for volunteer to update instructions in the wiki)
    Any news on this? I have the same problem and found this old thread, which doesn´t have a solution
    Or should I post a new one?