1.    #1  
    This morning I accepted the installation of webOS 2.2.4 on my Palm Pre 2. Upgrade went smoothly, but it apparently breaks Navit

After the upgrade it did not launch at all, I removed and reinstalled navit, now it starts but does not work, not all information gets displayed and there is no evidence that it tries to get a GPS signal.

I'm sure you guys will have that fixed soon, right?
  2.    #2  
    Hmmm. I just see that it shows version 0.2.0 3490M after reinstallation. That does not sound right, does it?

So, I started preware again and it offered an upgrade to the current version 0.5.0 4787M

Now it seems to be working smoothly again.

So, in summary:

If Navit does not work after webOS upgrade, deinstall it, then install again. This apparently loads an old version. Then start preware again and install the upgrade.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    That's good news, so the Pre3 upgrade should also work then, perhaps next week.
  4.    #4  
    It looks like they fixed some GPS problems in webOS. I used navit a few times since the upgrade and every time it was picking up a good GPS signal in less than a minute. I'll continue to observe this.....
    Thanks for that. I had the same problem. Now i just have to work out how to get my patches back...!
    Quote Originally Posted by hugo.s View Post
    It looks like they fixed some GPS problems in webOS. I used navit a few times since the upgrade and every time it was picking up a good GPS signal in less than a minute. I'll continue to observe this.....
    It seems that in the new update gps is is over sensetive:'(
    Navit seems to say turn slight to the right or to the left on every slight turn of the road.
  7.    #7  
    I can't confirm this. It works great on my Pre2.

Sometimes it still has issues right after starting the program, but generally it picks up the GPS signal within seconds.

It only tells me to turn when really needed.
    I can't confirm this. It works great on my Pre2.

Sometimes it still has issues right after starting the program, but generally it picks up the GPS signal within seconds.

It only tells me to turn when really needed.
    Well, not that it's telling me wrong when to turn but if I'm on a very small road it tells me to turn slightly right and left all the time. It's super accurate in this but it's annoying as hell and confusing. I tend to use the silent switch and just glance at the map. I also have done the hack on my original pre- comm board(in new pre2 now) so I can use the gps without tower signal and might have ticked few check boxes that make the gps oversensitive.
    So I was trying to see if it's some setting on Navit or maybe I need to check and see if I checked one too many check boxes on the gps fix program. It's been a while and I don't remember what I did there. Have to go and re-read the post about this.
    But if you don't see a change in how navit behaves in the new update I guess it's something on my end.
  9.    #9  
    I guess this is more a question of the accuracy in OpenStreetMap. Sometimes Navit will tell me to turn left or right or any other odd things. Usually I open the OpenStreetmap editor when I'm back home to see what's wrong and will fix it there. Updating OpenStreetmap to be more accurate helps everybody who uses these maps. I see this as a give and take: I benefit from other people's edits, and others benefit from my edits.
    I guess this is more a question of the accuracy in OpenStreetMap. Sometimes Navit will tell me to turn left or right or any other odd things. Usually I open the OpenStreetmap editor when I'm back home to see what's wrong and will fix it there. Updating OpenStreetmap to be more accurate helps everybody who uses these maps. I see this as a give and take: I benefit from other people's edits, and others benefit from my edits.
    I know I've uploaded some roads on OSM site myself but these are the exact same maps I used before the update and they were working fine.