Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    Preware gives a list of options after it starts up. For example, Installed Package, Package Updates, List of Everything, etc.
    Press Installed Packages, then press on Linux Daemon. If you have no lists for the Linux daemon it is very clear you have no version of speech dispatcher installed, so go to post #7 in this forum topic above and start again with installing Navit using Preware.
    Hey, I'm sorry, I must be sounding like the forum's ***** here, but I can assure you there's something wrong, I may have not understood the step to step instructions but what happens is that every time I click on the speech dispatcher (if Navit is installed) it doesn't load, it seems it gets stuck, loading forever. While if I click on the same speech dispatcher icon when Navit is not installed yet, the speech distaptcher loads instantly (v0.7.1-10). I'm getting quite tired of rebooting the darn phone now..
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    You said earlier that the daemon was not there in the Preware list but now you say there is an icon on your phone. Your logs say speech dispatcher is not installed. You have been asked to remove all trace of speech dispatcher so how can it be there if there is no NAVIT. It should only get installed when Navit does. My interpretation is that you have not yet removed SD so that neither NAVIT or SD is on the phone. Once that is done do not reinstall SD just install NAVIT as Preware will do what is needed. Again its not clear to me that you have done these steps. I can see that you said you are rebooting the phone.
    You said earlier that the daemon was not there in the Preware
    Yes, it still isn't, neither in installed packages nor if I type "daemon" on preware.

now you say there is an icon on your phone
    Yes, the speech dispatcher icon is there. I just didn't know daemon and speech dispatcher were the same thing. That's one misunderstanding explained.

You have been asked to remove all trace of speech dispatcher so how can it be there if there is no NAVIT. It should only get installed when Navit does.
    I don't think you got the issue. I already tried installing navit (and consequently speech dispatcher together) and navit is MUTE while speech dispatcher won't load. So I tried installing speech dispatcher first to see if it worked, and it does, well at least it loads.

My interpretation is that you have not yet removed SD so that neither NAVIT or SD is on the phone.
    Do you need a snapshot of my phone to make myself credible?
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    I was having the same issue in my Pre 2 and this is what worked for me (the language of my Pre 2 is Spanish USA):
    1. Uninstalled via preware everything related to Navit (Navit Car Nav Sys, Navit maps and Speech Dispatcher-the really big lips icon).
    2. Delete with Internalz the folder /media/internat/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit
    3. Reboot
    4. Install via preware Navit Maps, Navis Car Nav Sys (and install SD with it).
    5. Reboot
    6. Navit working and speaking in Spanish.

PS. If the language of your device is English, Navit and SD will give you the directions in english. That is what happened to me, I changed the language of my device from English to Spanish and Navit remained speaking in English. After uninstalling (without removing the folder in /media...) and installing via Preware again, Navit spoke to me in "spanglish"!!
    Last edited by guilledil; 12/27/2011 at 03:46 PM.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by guilledil View Post
    I was having the same issue in my Pre 2 and this is what worked for me (the language of my Pre 2 is Spanish USA):
    1. Uninstalled via preware everything related to Navit (Navit Car Nav Sys, Navit maps and Speech Dispatcher-the really big lips icon).
    2. Delete with Internalz the folder /media/internat/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit
    3. Reboot
    4. Install via preware Navit Maps, Navis Car Nav Sys (and install SD with it).
    5. Reboot
    6. Navit working and speaking in Spanish.

PS. If the language of your device is English, Navit and SD will give you the directions in english. That is what happened to me, I changed the language of my device from English to Spanish and Navit remained speaking in English. After uninstalling (without removing the folder in /media...) and installing via Preware again, Navit spoke to me in "spanglish"!!
    Ja jajaja!
    I think the same thing happened to me .
    I am bilingual. I like my phone in English, but I appreciate some applicatiions like Voice Dialer and Navit to talk to me in Spanish. Is it possible? to keep the phone in English and Navit/voice dialer in Spanish?

Javier
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12