Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By noradtux
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Currently we are aware of three TouchPad problems of Navit.

1) The rotation is upside down
    2) If you touch the screen the position is mirrored over the center of the screen
    Solved by update to webOS 3.0.4
    3) There is no support for external Bluetooth GPS receivers

Leave a comment if you find more.

HaPe
    Last edited by noradtux; 10/21/2011 at 11:48 AM.
    Re: 3). above.
    Is 'Navit' support for *external* (as opposed to internal) Bluetooth GPS Reciever a likely and/or upcoming development planned for the 'Wifi only' TouchPad?

It would be a really excellent addition and solution to this problem, as it would somehow 'complete' this model of TouchPad.. (and I now have both units paired and waiting to 'go'!).

Thanks!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/22/2011 at 04:35 AM.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Re: 3). above.
    Is 'Navit' support for *external* (as opposed to internal) Bluetooth GPS Reciever a likely and/or upcoming development planned for the 'Wifi only' TouchPad?

It would be a really excellent addition and solution to this problem, as it would somehow 'complete' this model of TouchPad.. (and I now have both units paired and waiting to 'go'!).

Thanks!

It is planned in general. We know what to do, but leak on a developer with the needed skills and interest.
    http://forums.precentral.net/navit/3...receivers.html

HaPe
    OK.. Thanks 'HaPe' that's great news.. but you want to 'leak on' a developer ??
    Maybe 'lean on' (in correct English) would be slightly less 'intimidating' for any potential dev. with the right knowledge, time and inclination!

Wish I could be of more help.. it sounds a comparatively simple step to engineer?

'..Hi,

We do not have the time at the moment to create the support for external Bluetooth GPS receivers for Navit. Here is what needs to be done in a first step if you are a C Developer and interested to help.

For a first version a small C command line tool that connects to the BT GPS receiver and send the data it get to a Linux pipe should do it.
    Steps are:
    1) Call the webOs APi for the list of BT devices
    2) Search the list for a device with GPS in its name
    3) Connect to this device with a webOs API call
    4) enter the main loop send the data you get from the GPS device to a Linux pipe that Navit can take it from there.

PDK Doku for Service Calls: https://developer.palm.com/content/a...-services.html
    and the Bluetooth API https://developer.palm.com/content/a...bluetooth.html

Navit is included in the WebOS Internals PDK - WebOS Internals
    You can compile Navit if you checkout and build the WIPDK. We can add your C command line program to Navit if it can be compiled with the WIPDK.

Simply ask if you have any questions.

HaPe..'

Hopefully someone with the right abilities can and will assist you with moving this forward for us.

Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/22/2011 at 07:43 AM.
    Soooooo, I did some tinkering with that fscking Bluetooth-API ... it's definitely meant to be used from JavaScript, not C

Anyway, what I got working is querying the list of connected BT devices and deciding that there is no BT GPS receiver and to use the good old location services then.

But I am currently hitting one wall after the other with this stuff.
    renater and benklop like this.