Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    I'm getting a bit stuck with the webOS 1.4.5.1 version I downloaded using preware. After instal it takes me to a screen and describes the app. A glass botton appears and says "ok, I've read this. Let's continue". I press the botton and it glows, but then nothing. Continued pressing just highlights the botton. If I close the app and restart the app at this point, only a pure white screen appears. Uninstalling and reinstalling did not solve the problem.

    any help would be appreciated. Sounds like a great app.

    oh, btw, my device is a Verizon Pixi plus :-)
    Last edited by echo5; 10/07/2011 at 02:22 AM.
  2. hape's Avatar
    Posts
    556 Posts
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by echo5 View Post
    I'm getting a bit stuck with the webOS 1.4.5.1 version I downloaded using prepare. After instal it takes me to a screen and describes the app. A glass botton appears and says "ok, I've read this. Let's continue". I press the botton and it glows, but then nothing. Continued pressing just highlights the botton. If I close the app and restart the app at this point, only a pure white screen appears. Uninstalling and reinstalling did not solve the problem.

    any help would be appreciated. Sounds like a great app.

    oh, btw, my device is a Verizon Pixi plus :-)
    Hi, do you have internals installed? If not install it and try again. I think we missed to add the dependency that navit maps need the filemanager services from internals.

    HaPe
  3. #3  
    Another error that prevents Navit maps from working is File managerservice does not work. I had to remove all apps using this service (internalz, navit maps, preware) and to install Internalz via WOSQI 4.23.
    You can check File manager service with the corresponding app.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the suggestions HaPe and SK64. I'm still having the same issue

    I did not have internalz. I removed NAVIT and NAVIT map manager and installed internalz pro off of preware. I couldn't find the regular internalz in preware or the HP app catalog. FileMgr service reports running properly. I tried several lunar restarts here and there, removing and reinstalling a few times, etc.

    I read on the NAVIT forum page there is an fstab bug in the 1.4.5.1 update if you did OTA. I didn't check this since I used webOS doctor for the update and I don't have a terminal program installed (that I know off....lol....I did try "terminal" in a "just type" kinda way. I think this worked on my touchpad WebOS3...or I could be thinking of Ubuntu unity, which I"m playing with now. I get confused since Ubuntu seems to have adopted/emulated some of webOS's better features.)

    Sorry, I'm fairly new to webOS and very new to Homebrew. I have some linux experience....I suppose "enough to be dangerous" .

    Anyways, if you guys can think of anything else to try, let me know. (Be as detailed as possible Pls )
  5. PreRunr's Avatar
    Posts
    344 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #5  
    WOSQI has a terminal mode thats easy to use of you dont want to instal any of the homebrew terminal options that you can find with preware. If you are happy to use the webos doctor you might try updating to webos v2.1, as its better to use than 1.4.5 noting that the TMC issue goes away if you also install uberkernel. This will also remove the fstab bug as well.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    WOSQI has a terminal mode thats easy to use of you dont want to instal any of the homebrew terminal options that you can find with preware. If you are happy to use the webos doctor you might try updating to webos v2.1, as its better to use than 1.4.5 noting that the TMC issue goes away if you also install uberkernel. This will also remove the fstab bug as well.
    thanks. I just got a terminal off of preware. I checked and I don't have the fstab error. I'm not sure how well webos 2.1 will work on my Pixi plus. There was never an official update and my understanding is that the recent effort described here, at precental, has somewhat mixed results.

    any other ideas? I've not used navit yet. Maybe I should try it first.
  7. nelio2k's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    #7  
    I downloaded the maps manually via the Planet Extractor and loaded them manually onto /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/maps/ and edited the navit xml file to load the files. Refer to this page for more info:

    Application:Navit - WebOS Internals

    Anyways, I'm glad to say Navit runs, albeit pretty buggy on my Pixi plus. The screen does not refresh automatically, so I have to tap the top left corner while I'm driving to see a refreshed screen. Has anyone experienced this?
  8. #8  
    Hi, the redraw-problem on the Pixi is known. Since we don't have such a device we can't debug it. Sorry.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by echo5 View Post
    thanks. I just got a terminal off of preware. I checked and I don't have the fstab error. I'm not sure how well webos 2.1 will work on my Pixi plus. There was never an official update and my understanding is that the recent effort described here, at precental, has somewhat mixed results.

    any other ideas? I've not used navit yet. Maybe I should try it first.
    Ditto. I am having EXACTLY the same problem. I have a Palm Pixi Plus updated from 1.4.0 to 1.4.5.1.

    BTW, if anyone knows how to get maps to show up on MapTools offline I would most appreciate it! I have downloaded zoom 12 files for my entire state to .MapTools/10/* just as the map downloader specified, but it refuses to show maps unless I am online, no matter what I send render to.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by nelio2k View Post
    I downloaded the maps manually via the Planet Extractor and loaded them manually onto /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/maps/ and edited the navit xml file to load the files. Refer to this page for more info:

    Application:Navit - WebOS Internals

    Anyways, I'm glad to say Navit runs, albeit pretty buggy on my Pixi plus. The screen does not refresh automatically, so I have to tap the top left corner while I'm driving to see a refreshed screen. Has anyone experienced this?
    So how DO you edit xml files on the Pixi? Is there a way to do a remote terminal into the device? I work on Linux for a leaving, so if I can only get in, I have no problem working. The idea of working with a portable Linux device is kind of kewl.
  11. PreRunr's Avatar
    Posts
    344 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by apluscw View Post
    So how DO you edit xml files on the Pixi? Is there a way to do a remote terminal into the device? I work on Linux for a leaving, so if I can only get in, I have no problem working. The idea of working with a portable Linux device is kind of kewl.
    There at least four external methods where you do all the work on your computer. Attach a USB cable and (1) use USB option to edit as another drive on your PC, (2) just choose charging only and use novaterm on PC, (3) in charging mode use WOSQI linux command option and finally (4) without a USB cable connect via wifi with ssh2 via winscp or sftp (use filezilla). See webosinternals on how to setup ssh - this by far the best method if you are constantly getting at your phone or touchpad (you can do all at once in separate tabs!).
    Internally on your pixi you can use internalz. You may also be able to use terminal but I am not sure. I don't think you can use any xterm option with 1.4.5, you could try.
    To edit in linux install and use nano, webosinternals has details.

Posting Permissions