Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rivum View Post
    thanks for the map data!
    any idea why, when trying to type in the name of a city, it doesn't recognize certain city names? it shows in the map if i'm scrolling around, but it doesn't show in the list when typing it in?

I have the same problem and haven't been able to figure it out and it's the only thing stopping me from using this software right now as I can't search any of my surrounding areas as none of the towns show up in the search (yet I can see them on the map)
    i did the test for the unmask 0000 statement and passed, I already had the testing feed installed in preware and double checked but can't seem to find navit when I type it in. Not sure what went wrong...
    I'm running 1.4.5 Bell Canada
    Preware version 1.2.6
    I do have testing feeds enabled on my Preware
    NEVER MIND.....FIGURED IT OUT HAHAHA
    Last edited by sledge007; 08/04/2010 at 05:20 PM. Reason: adding more information
    Quote Originally Posted by the.teejster View Post
    I have the same problem and haven't been able to figure it out and it's the only thing stopping me from using this software right now as I can't search any of my surrounding areas as none of the towns show up in the search (yet I can see them on the map)
    Searching seems to be a bit shaky if you know what I mean. Since we just package it we cannot do much about it, this needs to be fixed by the Navit devs. Heck, it's not even version 0.2.0 yet, so I am sure this will improve in the future
    just wondering if someone can take a look @my ipkg log error under the thread speechD... Post 20. I think it's the same error on the previous page but I don't want to 'fix' without somebody confirming that the solution will work for me thanks.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Hi

I live in Spain and Im running 1.4.5 on my prprpr

I am trying to install Navit but no luck so far, it wont open.

I installed Terminal first to check if I needed to install the Emergency Fstab Fixer, but couldnt figure it out... I wrote the line several times but Im not getting anything close to the line /dev/mapper/store-media /media/internal vfat utf8,shortname=mixed,umask=0000 0 0

So I decided that since I updated through OTA, I would most probably need the Fixer, so what I did is get it into my prprpr $and$ $installed$ $through$ $Internalz$

I then downloaded Navit and everything seemed ok but it doesnt open... So I uninstalled it and reinstalled again but now not only wont open, it also wont ask to install the other 2 packages that come along (which I also erased with the orange key the first time I removed Navit)

Hope I explained everything ok... what can I do now?

Thanks for the help
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    You still need to check after your Fixer that it did do it. Reboot is a good option after that is done. You should always install and remove via Preware as locale and speechd are handled in a proper way. So for now I would remove everything with Preware. If you had an install of the previous version get rid of it also. Then look to see if its done in USB mode or Internalz (if you like Linux) and nothing has been left behind from your previous uninstalls. Check that your map is in the right place. Then follow the NAVIT wiki Application:Navit - WebOS Internals take note of section 3 item 10.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    thanks PreRunr

I didnt have a previous version of Navit installed, and I did install from Preware

Also, I never did get to install maps since I never got passed item 4

The main problem I think is with the Fix... When I open Terminal there is something written there already, which I cant erase, so I can only write the command 'cat/etc... next to that, which I dont know if its ok since I know nothing about this stuff (by the way, do I have to include the in the command?)

going to sleep now, its 6 am, will continue tomorrow, see if I can get at least up to step 5 before asking again

thank you very much for the help, really appreciatte it
    @pantiko
    Did you followed as described in the first topic in this thread?

Anyway, just open the terminal.
    Don't try to erase anything (because it's not possible). Just type in the command:
    Code:
    cat /etc/fstab|grep internal
    you get the symbol between the words fstab and grep with the orange+. (meaning press the orange-key and then the key for the point).
    Then press the enter-key.
    Now in the terminal pops up a message lile that:
    Code:
    /dev/mapper/store-media	/media/internal	vfat	utf8,shortname=mixed,umask=0000	0	0
    If you not have the statement
    Code:
    umask=0000
    in that line, you have to fix it first.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Thanks a lot Stanton

I made it through the Fix and installed Navit... Started and then closed Navit to get those folders needed created, but when plugging my PrPrPr $to$ $my$ $computer$ $with$ $USB$ $the$ $Maps$ $folder$ $was$ $not$ $created$... $Can$ $I$ $do$ $that$ $manually$?
    That is normal, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $folder$ $must$ $be$ $created$ $manually$.
    I created that folder with Internalz in
    Code:
    /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/
    By the way, anybody knows why the maps folder is not created while installing the app?
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    i did through my computer and it worked

by the way, I’m inside my house and it got my position in seconds

Thanks everyone for the help
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton View Post
    By the way, anybody knows why the maps folder is not created while installing the app?
    Yes I forgot to do that in the install-script
    Fixed in version 0.2.0.3490-4, which should appear on the testing-feed shortly.
    has anybody done this successfully?
    http://www.chemeris.ru/navit/index.html

I found it on the 1.4.1 version thread and follow the instructions but nothing shows up in 2D.

Another idea that was lingering in my head since going thru both threads is:
    If the only way in US to navigate by bookmark it should be possible to use google maps api call to get coordinates of a place that you are looking for and then plug the line with the address line for name of the bookmark in the bookmark file. This will be the patch until there are better maps for USA that have info for the state. A simple example will be url that google generates. I guess I need to read more about what the format is there since there 4 values 2 after sll= and 2 after sspn.
    Chekced navit wiki page and the example there only show :
    This defines where the map should be centered at startup. Use WGS-84 coordinates.

The form is
    center="[D]DMM.xxx N/S [D][D]DMM.yyy E/W"

or
    center="[-][D]D.x[x]... [-][D][D]D.x[x]"

or
    center="[-]0xX [-]0xX" .

Not sure how I can convert fist format to last one Navit seems to fall on the previous bookmark and failing to read my manually created one(used first format - that is referred for setting center point in navit.xml ).
    Seems like navit doesn't like the first
    First (second actually) here.
    After going thru this and the 1.4.1 version threads.
    Anybody having any luck http://www.chemeris.ru/navit/index.html
    achieving this in 2D mode? Set the screen res to pre's size as well.

My second question is about creating manual book marks in the bookmarks.txt on the navit app.
    Looking at navit wiki seems that there 3 formats for this :
    center="[D]DMM.xxx N/S [D][D]DMM.yyy E/W"

or
    center="[-][D]D.x[x]... [-][D][D]D.x[x]"

or
    center="[-]0xX [-]0xX"

seems like the bookmarks are in the last one and in the file they're prefixed with gr what would be the prefix for the first format. I tried the first format taking coordinates from google maps url (accounting for the direction as well i.e. + = N/E, - = S/W ) but navit fall back to the previous bookmark in the list That would make that transition from gmaps coordinates much easier.

I know that there is some dev going on(for pre) with export of maps from http://maps.navit-project.org/download/

I guess it should be as easy to use gmaps api and do a lookup on an address or whatever and get back coordinates that can be added to the bookmarks file. Maybe even just a subfolder with current date since navit for pre is missing a scroll (at least for 1.4.1 version and I'm currently on). This totally should resolve the issue with searches in USA that are not working because of lack of state info in the maps or until anybody find garmin or some other maps that have that info. By the way this app works great for me. Google maps throw me under the bus this weekend in some rural areas. I confess that the numbers weren't sequential but I pulled all map power on my pre I got(gmaps, bfgmaps) except navit - it had POI of what I was trying to get to!

P.S. if this is double post - the reason is that I don't see my first one.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Hey there,
    I just tried to update Navit through Preware but I got this error:

-1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/luna-send -n 6 luna://com.palm.appinstaller/installNoVerify '{"subscribe":true, "target": "/media/internal/.developer/org.webosinternals.navit_0.2.0.3490-4_arm.ipk", "uncompressedSize": 0}' 2>&1
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":5, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":5 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }

I should say I got an error already when I installed it but tried it with webosqi which worked, so I didnt care. But not being able to update sucks. Should I reinstall? Are there some important files I need to delete from the first versions for webos<1.4.5? I did the fstab and all, Navit works well, its only the installing/updating process.
    Thank you for making this happen!
    I get precisely the same error when trying to install from Preware (though its the speech ipk in my case). I had Navit installed a couple of months ago but removed all navit files prior to installation. I have a German O2 Pre (1.4.5). Any suggestions?
    You are both likely missing one of the two URLs you need for the testing feeds.

You get that error when the locale dependency cannot be found.

-- Rod
    Can someone please help?

I just installed Navit twice after I updated to 1.4.5 and it will not launch. The icon will glow for about 2 seconds, but not launch. I installed the 2 patches/apps that Preware says Navit needs. Does anyone know what the problem might be. I also rebooted the phone after install.

EDIT: Ok, I see now, I guess I will have to wait for the OTA update to fix it.
    Last edited by kid james; 08/11/2010 at 03:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You are both likely missing one of the two URLs you need for the testing feeds.

You get that error when the locale dependency cannot be found.

-- Rod
    Hey Rod,

Okay, maybe I'm completely lost, but I still can't find the locale file anywhere. I believe that I have all the testing feeds in preware (both of the ones described in the wiki-I did get uberkernel 1.4.5-92 installed today after the Sprint update with no problem) and I even looked through the ipkg.preware.org directories, and was unable to find it. Is it called by a different filename? Sorry to be a bother: If I'm messing up I apologize.
Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast