Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    rege0039:
    If would like to see non-metric measurements, there is a ticket on the navit trac: #12 (Add imperial measurements) – Navit
    does anyone know why after i put in some roads and other placemarks on openstreetmap website they dont show up although i downloaded the new maps and replaced the .bin folder on the usb on my Pre?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Hi everyone,

anyone experiencing that Navit hangs after a few seconds (maybe 2-3 seconds)?

Thanks for any advice!

Quote Originally Posted by hakost View Post
    Hi,
    I used Navit Alpha without to much problems but has since then doctored my phone with German O2.

I installed the Beta using Preware but Navit hangs after a few seconds.

I use the same maps as the Alpha installation I had previously before i doctored my phones - can the maps be the issue or are there any other suggestions.

Thanks in advance
    -Unlocked Pre3 QWERTY from Palm Eurostore
    Activated on German app catalog including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -TouchPad from EBay using German app catalog
    German App Cataloge including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -HP Veer QWERTZ from MediaMarkt in Germany as backup/tehtering device
    Activated on German app catalog with Impostah including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -German O2 Pre- testing 2.2.4 WiFi only profile
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenjo2009 View Post
    does anyone know why after i put in some roads and other placemarks on openstreetmap website they dont show up although i downloaded the new maps and replaced the .bin folder on the usb on my Pre?
    The planetfile, that is the base of Navit :: Planet Extractor , is only build from time to time from the OSM source. I think it was daily but I'm not sure.

I expect that your changes will show up in some days.

HaPe
    Quote Originally Posted by rege0039 View Post
    OK, a bit (OK, a lot) beyond me.
    Ok, I took a look at this and updated the package. So as soon as the autobuilder does it's magic there should be an update to the Speech Dispatcher package which should restore the old behaviour.
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for any advice!
    Hi, does Navit hang completely or does recover by itself?
    Looking forward to this finding its way on the Pixi too! Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    The planetfile, that is the base of Navit :: Planet Extractor , is only build from time to time from the OSM source. I think it was daily but I'm not sure.

I expect that your changes will show up in some days.

HaPe
    strangely enough the changes showed up on the planet extractor after a day after i uploaded the changes and they were there the first time i copied the new ways.today tried again and they are up.I guess i need to give it a few more days next time.now for me to experiment making some ways with gps tractsunfortunately yahoo aerial does not cover where i am although google maps has full aerial and roadway maps for where i live.I have a new hobby now!
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for any advice!
    Maybe this will help.

On the previous version I had this problem also. It went away when I used uberkernel (faster execution speed) and I also used a smaller OSM map located around my area. I was using a "faulty" cloudmade map. Now I am on 1.4.5 with no uberkernel but with same OSM map and it works fine. My interpretation is that you may have set it too much calculations by destination choice or faulty maps. Stop all the other cards you may have going.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by michael.schumacker View Post
    I've had a go, but my non-existent knowledge of java let me down.

If anybody knows how to get the progress pill to work, or how we can tell which maps have already been downloaded, I would be most grateful.

Also, how the fluffy puppy is Oxford such a huge tileset?

http://users.ox.ac.uk/~ball2735/org...._1.0.0_all.ipk
    Thanks for the work. I expect I will not be able to test this now. We are starting for vacation right now without Internet access ;-). Will be back in about two weeks.

Perhaps you can use the http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...e-1-0-0-a.html for the access to the file system.

HaPe
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    OK, thanks. Will check this during the weekend and see if it works.

Hkan
    Activated on German app catalog with Impostah including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    It hangs completely, have to thow away the card and restart but then the same thing again.

I will try a smaller map and see if this helps.

Hkan
    Does anyone know if its possible to get Navit to do dynamic route selection. If I stray off the route it has chosen, I have to go back in manually and recalculate a new route...can you set Navit up to do this automatically?

Thanks,
    Gx
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    Does anyone know if its possible to get Navit to do dynamic route selection. If I stray off the route it has chosen, I have to go back in manually and recalculate a new route...can you set Navit up to do this automatically?
    It does it for me. Automatically calculates new route if I drive off the previously calculated blue line for more than approx 100m.

Cheers
    Max
    Quote Originally Posted by noradtux View Post
    You might want to change the audio-sink that speechd uses:
    edit /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.speechd/etc/speech-dispatcher/modules/espeak-generic.conf and change that pdefaultapp into pnavigation behind paplay.
    Please let me know if this restores the old behaviour.
    Tried this, but when I next drove with Navigation a few days later, I would not get any speech output. Then I saw the new patch for speechd, so updated. Still no speech. Checked /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.speechd/etc/speech-dispatcher/modules/ and found the directory was empty. Weird.

I then removed and reinstalled Navit & speechd via Preware, now all is good and the background music fades.

Thanks for the quick update & fix -- brilliant!

Cheers
    Max
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    If anybody knows how to get the progress pill to work, or how we can tell which maps have already been downloaded, I would be most grateful.
    You can find an example this two bible applications. They both can download the bibles from the Internet and show a progress indicator while downloading.

BibleZ | explore the word! The source is here: ~zefanja/biblez/webos-0.5 : files for revision 14
    or
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/simple-bible

happy hacking
    HaPe
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    You can find an example this two bible applications. They both can download the bibles from the Internet and show a progress indicator while downloading.

BibleZ | explore the word! The source is here: ~zefanja/biblez/webos-0.5 : files for revision 14
    or
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/simple-bible

happy hacking
    HaPe
    Actually, I have discovered the root of the problem. The size of the files downloaded is not specified (they are essentially streamed until complete), so such a progress indicator is implausible. Instead, we can only show how much has been downloaded, and if the download is complete.

There are now two other issues to which my attention is drawn:

1)The file for a small area (I tested with Oxford and Isle of Man) is rather large. I haven't yet tested, but I suspect/hope it downloads a significantly wider area. If this is the case, the user's gps coords could be used to automagically download the map for their area/country, without having that area/country proscribed in the list.
    UPDATE: It takes a detailed map of the mile or so around you, with the bulk of the file being town locations but no streets. Still, gps may be useful in some way, take 100 miles around?

2)Correct me if I am wrong, but Navit appears not to like having more than one .bin in that directory. I get a blank screen when this is the case, even if the files are not coincident.

Any other thoughts?
    Last edited by michael.schumacker; 07/23/2010 at 06:27 PM.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    2)Correct me if I am wrong, but Navit appears not to like having more than one .bin in that directory. I get a blank screen when this is the case, even if the files are not coincident.
    That is right. If you specify a *.bin in the XML definition it will use the file bin file that is found and ignore any others.

If possible you should scan the navit.xml file for the map folder that the user has defined. If that is not possible give him a chance to enter a folder name.

See you all in two weeks
    Hape
    I added these two feeds:

webos-testing-all
    Index of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/all/

webos-testing-armv7
    Index of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv7/

In Preware I see "Navit" and "Speech Dispatcher" (not "Locale" though) but the Navit won't install, as it often happens with the Pre there is a IPKG log error! Am I doing something wrong? Is it a bug? I'm not a technical person and this thread is pretty technical. Can you help in any idiotic-proof way?

Using Palm Pre on 1.4.5 in Italy
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    I added these two feeds:

webos-testing-all
    [url= of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/all/[/url]

webos-testing-armv7
    [url= of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv7/[/url]

In Preware I see "Navit" and "Speech Dispatcher" (not "Locale" though) but the Navit won't install, as it often happens with the Pre there is a IPKG log error! Am I doing something wrong? Is it a bug? I'm not a technical person and this thread is pretty technical. Can you help in any idiotic-proof way?

Using Palm Pre on 1.4.5 in Italy
    No, nobody can help because you have failed to provide enough detail on the problem.
    I can also see that you have not read the first post, wiki or Preware descriptions as you are getting hung up on the Locale package.

You need to be a bit more ***** proof and read all those things I mentioned plus all of this thread to see if someone had a similar problem. Then if you still had problems you need to provide more detail for help.