Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGP View Post
    I have read all the posts in this thread including the first and I did uninstall the alpha version and espeak before installing the beta version as advised. I'm not sure what you think I did wrong.
    You might care to mention that next time instead of assuming people can read your mind.

If by "Then start fresh" you mean uninstall all the components of Navit and reinstall them I've already done that as explained in my post and it hasn't worked.

If by "Then start fresh" you mean use WebOs Doctor and reinstall all my settings, apps and patches I think that sounds a bit extreme
    I was referring to uninstalling all components and the alpha components.
    Have you looked at all the other fixes that have been discussed in this thread? Have you tested the speech package to see if that is working?
    Looking back again at the posts it seems that several people had the "crashing when setting navigation" problem and theirs seemed to be due to the fstab bug in 1.4.5 But I had used Rod Whitby's fix so that shouldn't be a problem...
    When I ran the 'cat /etc/fstab|grep internal' command in terminal it seems I had the fstab bug back!! (Not sure how this happened).
    So I uninstalled the fstab fix and then reinstalled it and everything seems to be fine. Navit now works properly with navigation and voice.
    I'd recommend everyone who uses the Emergency Fstab Fix to check it has worked by running the 'cat /etc/fstab|grep internal' again.
    Navit on 1.4.5 is working ok for me, BUT the spoken output is pronounced in english instead of the desired german.

For me it seems to be a problem with locale.

I used Navit on 1.4.1 with espeak, then everything was ok.

Complete Deinstallation and new installation didn't bring the output to german, albeit the locale shown is "LANG=de_de.UTF-8"

Anybody any ideas what to do?
    Hi,

I noticed a difference in the 1.4.5-compatible Navit / speechd vs. the previous 1.4.1-compatible Navit / espeak:

Previously, when Music Player was running in the background with some music playing, any speech announcement by Navit would fade the volume of the background music to a much quieter level (but still continue to play), and the Navit announcement would clearly stand out over the background music. After the announcment, the music volume would return to the previous normal level. (Also, sometimes a "ding" was played before the announcement.)

Now with speechd, the announcments just play and the background music volume remains unchanged. This means the announcements are hard to hear over the (still loud) music.

Is there any way to change this back to the old behaviour? I really liked that the music was fading out and back in for every announcement.

Thanks
    Max
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keimix View Post
    Navit on 1.4.5 is working ok for me, BUT the spoken output is pronounced in english instead of the desired german.

For me it seems to be a problem with locale.

I used Navit on 1.4.1 with espeak, then everything was ok.

Complete Deinstallation and new installation didn't bring the output to german, albeit the locale shown is "LANG=de_de.UTF-8"

Anybody any ideas what to do?
    Check that you has added the 'all' and 'arm7' testing feed in Preware.
    Remove the locale from the alpha versiom, if it is still insalled.
    Install the locale from the all package

HaPe
    Hi HaPe,

I deinstalled everything previously with preware and installed new.
    After digging thru some other threads I learned, that the lod locale did set a symlink. This was not deleted by deinstalling. So I deleted it by hand and deinstalled and reinstalled navit again. Now it is working!
    Thanks

Ralf Keimer
    Hi HaPe,

I deinstalled everything previously with preware and installed new.
    After digging thru some other threads I learned, that the old locale did set a symlink. This was not deleted by deinstalling. So I deleted it by hand and deinstalled and reinstalled navit again. Now it is working!
    Thanks

Ralf Keimer
    Hi,

Got NavIt working on my 1.4.5 UK Pre.

All great, many thanks to all who worked on it.

However is there an easy way for a none LINUX person to set the appliction to display imperial units (miles) rather than km ?

I looked on the page on webosinternals for NavIt and then linked from that page to another one that talked about it, but I can't see what I'm actually meant to change to make it use miles.

Any help, I am reasonabley technical but just not familiar with this.

Many thanks
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Want a challenge? No miles yet as the NAVIT link shows despite some tries You will have to implement changes in the C code using the NAVIT source then move it into the Preware environment for distribution. Good luck.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Hi,
    I used Navit Alpha without to much problems but has since then doctored my phone with German O2.

I installed the Beta using Preware but Navit hangs after a few seconds.

I use the same maps as the Alpha installation I had previously before i doctored my phones - can the maps be the issue or are there any other suggestions.

Thanks in advance
    -Unlocked Pre3 QWERTY from Palm Eurostore
    Activated on German app catalog including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -TouchPad from EBay using German app catalog
    German App Cataloge including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -HP Veer QWERTZ from MediaMarkt in Germany as backup/tehtering device
    Activated on German app catalog with Impostah including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -German O2 Pre- testing 2.2.4 WiFi only profile
    Quote Originally Posted by m-h-k View Post
    Hi,

I noticed a difference in the 1.4.5-compatible Navit / speechd vs. the previous 1.4.1-compatible Navit / espeak:

Previously, when Music Player was running in the background with some music playing, any speech announcement by Navit would fade the volume of the background music to a much quieter level (but still continue to play), and the Navit announcement would clearly stand out over the background music. After the announcment, the music volume would return to the previous normal level. (Also, sometimes a "ding" was played before the announcement.)

Now with speechd, the announcments just play and the background music volume remains unchanged. This means the announcements are hard to hear over the (still loud) music.

Is there any way to change this back to the old behaviour? I really liked that the music was fading out and back in for every announcement.

Thanks
    Max
    You might want to change the audio-sink that speechd uses:
    edit /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.speechd/etc/speech-dispatcher/modules/espeak-generic.conf and change that pdefaultapp into pnavigation behind paplay.
    Please let me know if this restores the old behaviour.
    OK, a bit (OK, a lot) beyond me.

Possibly somebody else might do it.

Doesn't America use miles and not kilometers ?!?

Just a hint ...
    Quote Originally Posted by rege0039 View Post
    OK, a bit (OK, a lot) beyond me.

Possibly somebody else might do it.

Doesn't America use miles and not kilometers ?!?

Just a hint ...
    Let's see ...

1) The developers of this package are German
    2) The person who packaged Navit for Preware is Australian
    3) WebOS 1.4.5 is only released in Europe and Canada so far
    4) America may not actually be the most important nation in the world

Just a hint ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    hahaha awesome

I installed it without any challenges, entered the terminal command to see if i needed the fix and i dont.
    I started it as per the wiki and have the overlay screen come up. After I exit it i dont have a maps directory in my usb appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/, so i created one and put the .bin file in there, but its still not loading the maps
    any suggestions?
    any one have video of navit in action on a pre. Can't wait to get this after 1.4.5 hits the US!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Let's see ...

1) The developers of this package are German
    2) The person who packaged Navit for Preware is Australian
    3) WebOS 1.4.5 is only released in Europe and Canada so far
    4) America may not actually be the most important nation in the world

Just a hint ...

-- Rod
    Sorry, I didn't check where everybody is and should have done.

I am FAR from thinking that America in the centre (check the spelling !) of the world. Just hoping that with however many American users there may be a market for miles that would help the that fact that I have virtually no Linux skills (COBOL, PASCAL, FORTRAN and original BASIC are not called for any more !)

Doesn't Australia use miles as well ?

Anyway - Rod you are a complete star and master. I rely on so much of what you do for my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by rege0039 View Post
    Doesn't Australia use miles as well ?
    No, we use 21st century units of measurement like most other places in the world ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D4Damager View Post
    hahaha awesome

I installed it without any challenges, entered the terminal command to see if i needed the fix and i dont.
    I started it as per the wiki and have the overlay screen come up. After I exit it i dont have a maps directory in my usb appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/, so i created one and put the .bin file in there, but its still not loading the maps
    any suggestions?
    Check the map entry in your navit.xml in the 'appdata/org.webosinternals.navit' folder. It should look like this:
    <mapset enabled="yes">
    <map type="binfile" enabled="yes" data="/media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/maps/*.bin"/>
    </mapset>

HaPe
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    No, we use 21st century units of measurement like most other places in the world ...

-- Rod
    What can I say. The UK is so old hat .....

But unlikely to change, well anything really
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post

We still would be happy if sombody would take the task for Mojo map download appliaction:

Hape
    I've had a go, but my non-existent knowledge of java let me down.

If anybody knows how to get the progress pill to work, or how we can tell which maps have already been downloaded, I would be most grateful.

Also, how the fluffy puppy is Oxford such a huge tileset?

http://users.ox.ac.uk/~ball2735/org...._1.0.0_all.ipk
Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast