Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041424344 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    Starts OK on Pre 3, gets a GPS fix then goes into dark mode (wrong time again as its daylight), then disappears. Log attached.
    did you put a correct map in the maps folder?
    Thanks for update to work on WebOS 2.2.

I've confirmed that the GPS 0 degrees error is still present in the PDK for WebOS 2.2 *cry*

One day I would like to be able to use this app.
    Enabled both "armv7" and "all" testing feeds, and downloaded Navit without problems, which fires up immediately on my Pre 3, instead of the "wait and prey" affair in my original Pre.

About Navit-maps application, I think I'm not going to use it, because the map for Spain and Portugal is huge. Previously, on my Pre-, I made my own map of Madrid, which was far smaller. The thing is, I've forgotten how I did it... I remember going to a certain web site, drag out a rectangle over Madrid, and downloading a nice file which I put inside my Pre-.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Just copy it over to your Pre 3, my maps (all in ./maps subdirectories) have gone from Pre- to Pre 2 and now Pre 3.
    For example, edit ./maps/mapset.xml like this
    <mapset enabled="yes">
    <map type="binfile" enabled="yes" description="Australia" data="/media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/maps/Australia_110.5,-44.2,154.9,-9.2.bin"/>
    <map type="binfile" enabled="yes" description="Hawaii" data="/media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/maps/osm/Hawaii.navit.bin"/>
    <map type="garmin" enabled="yes" description="WorldGarmin" data="/media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/maps/garmin/gmapbmap.img"/>
    </mapset>
    On your maps page you get a nice list displayed.
    Quote Originally Posted by noradtux View Post
    Okay, release 0.5.0.4718-3 should appear in the testing-feed soon. Looks like it was a totally minor thing that prevented Navit from working on webOS 2.2. It is not unreasonable to expect this version to work on TouchPad aswell
    Tunnel-Extrapolation is still inoperable and we need to adjust the GUIs to better fit the larger screens of Pre3 and TP.
    Please also test on older devices/webOS versions to make sure that I didn't cause regressions.
    I don't know how or why but this latest version of Navit now works on my Pre2 running 2.1 even between the 0-1.0 degrees West of Greenwich zone!! Perhaps this error was never about the PDK. Anyway I'm just happy that it works for me. Interestingly my beta version of NDrive still fails to work between the Greenwich meridian and 1.0 degrees West. Can you guys figure out what is different with this version of Navit that now allows it to work in this area and pass the information onto the NDrive developers?
    Casion likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGP View Post
    I don't know how or why but this latest version of Navit now works on my Pre2 running 2.1 even between the 0-1.0 degrees West of Greenwich zone!! Perhaps this error was never about the PDK. Anyway I'm just happy that it works for me. Interestingly my beta version of NDrive still fails to work between the Greenwich meridian and 1.0 degrees West. Can you guys figure out what is different with this version of Navit that now allows it to work in this area and pass the information onto the NDrive developers?
    It would be funny if the update addresses the error in the PDK in 2.1 by switching the values, and the bug was fixed in 2.2 which is now causing the correct values to be reversed. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGP View Post
    Short version: I added a workaround for that PDK-bug to Navit.
    Long version: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...ml#post3003066
    Hi there... just installed the new updated version of Navit on my Pre 3, however I dont seem to be able to hear any speech.

I've tried uninstalling completely, then reinstalling both Navit and the Speech Despatcher Daemon, I've also made sure the sound volume is correct - and tried altering the "data" value in the XML file.

What am I doing wrong?!
    Does anyone know where to find some sort of directions on how to use this app? I've looked at their Wiki and other places, but have yet to find anything helpful regarding how to use this. It looks like it could be a useful app, but is not very intuitive in it's use.
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwilliams View Post
    Hi there... just installed the new updated version of Navit on my Pre 3, however I dont seem to be able to hear any speech.
    Same issue here. Installed from Preware, no speech. GPS location, maps and display work fine.

Max
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toaste View Post
    Does anyone know where to find some sort of directions on how to use this app? I've looked at their Wiki and other places, but have yet to find anything helpful regarding how to use this. It looks like it could be a useful app, but is not very intuitive in it's use.
    How_to_get_around_the_menus
    Application:Navit - WebOS Internals
    Quote Originally Posted by m-h-k View Post
    Same issue here. Installed from Preware, no speech. GPS location, maps and display work fine.

Max
    I am working on the speech problem. For the record, it's not a navit problem but a problem in speech dispatcher.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Hi, I got problems with Navit version: 0.5.0 4718M on the Veer.
    Navit starts normally and retrieves gps fix. While navigating it suddenly dies (reproducable).
    You can see the log-entries at the end of this post.
    Any ideas?
    Cheers
    Stefan

Navit.log:
    ------------------------- Start Navit ----------------------------------
    Wed Aug 31 22:49:00 CEST 2011
    exec /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit/bin/navit -c /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit//navit.xml
    Navit log started
    graphics_sdl:graphics_sdl_new:using screen 320x400@32
    navit:main_real:Using '/media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit//navit.xml'
    navitsd_set_std_graphic:accesskey (null)
    gui_internal:gui_internal_set_refresh_callback:cond=(null)
    graphics_sdl:event_sdl_remove_timeout:SDL_RemoveTimer (0x2cd5ea90) failed
    navit:debug_dump_mallocs:mallocs 0
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prebaco View Post
    Hi, I got problems with Navit version: 0.5.0 4718M on the Veer.
    Navit starts normally and retrieves gps fix. While navigating it suddenly dies (reproducable).
    You can see the log-entries at the end of this post.
    Any ideas?
    Cheers
    Stefan

Navit.log:
    ------------------------- Start Navit ----------------------------------
    Wed Aug 31 22:49:00 CEST 2011
    exec /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit/bin/navit -c /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit//navit.xml
    Navit log started
    graphics_sdl:graphics_sdl_new:using screen 320x400@32
    navit:main_real:Using '/media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit//navit.xml'
    gui_internal:gui_internal_set_refresh_callback:cond=(null)
    graphics_sdl:event_sdl_remove_timeout:SDL_RemoveTimer (0x2cd5ea90) failed
    navit:debug_dump_mallocs:mallocs 0
    Hi,

thanks for the information. It look like we have a general bug at the moment. It will let Navit crash after some seconds or minutes.
    We are working on it.

HaPe
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noradtux View Post
    I am working on the speech problem. For the record, it's not a navit problem but a problem in speech dispatcher.
    The fixing will take some time. So here is a workaround until the new version is finished.

1) open "/var/etc/speech-dispatcher/modules/espeak-generic.conf" on your Pre with "Internalz Pro"
    2) Search for the line
    Code:
    "echo \'$DATA\' | /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.speechd/bin/speak --stdin --stdout -v $VOICE -s $RATE -a $VOLUME -p $PITCH $PUNCT | paplay -d pnavigation"
    3) Replace it with
    Code:
    "echo \'$DATA\' | /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.speechd/bin/speak --stdin --stdout -v $VOICE -s $RATE -a $VOLUME -p $PITCH $PUNCT | aplay -D navigation"
    only the code behind the last | is changed from "| paplay -d pnavigation" to " | aplay -D navigation"
    4) Save and close the file.
    5) Restart your phone

The speech output of Navit will work again.

HaPe
    Last edited by HaPe; 09/05/2011 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Added the information that a restart is needed
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    The fixing will take some time. So here is a workaround until the new version is finished.

1) open "/var/etc/speech-dispatcher/modules/espeak-generic.conf" on your Pre with "Internalz Pro"
    2) Search for the line
    Code:
    "echo \'$DATA\' | /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.speechd/bin/speak --stdin --stdout -v $VOICE -s $RATE -a $VOLUME -p $PITCH $PUNCT | paplay -d pnavigation"
    3) Replace it with
    Code:
    "echo \'$DATA\' | /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.speechd/bin/speak --stdin --stdout -v $VOICE -s $RATE -a $VOLUME -p $PITCH $PUNCT | aplay -D navigation"
    only the code behind the last | is changed from "| paplay -d pnavigation" to " | aplay -D navigation"
    4) Save and close the file.

The speech output of Navit will work again. A restart is not required.

HaPe
    Hi... just tried this. Im pretty sure I did it right, read it several times, made the changes, and checked them, but still no speech...
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwilliams View Post
    Hi... just tried this. Im pretty sure I did it right, read it several times, made the changes, and checked them, but still no speech...
    Hi,

pease open novaterm and try the following:
    cd to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.speechd/
    ./spd-say test
    Now you should here you Pre3 say test.

If not enter the following on novaterm:
    cat /var/etc/speech-dispatcher/modules/espeak-generic.conf
    check the output if the changes to aplay are there as they should.

HaPe
    HaPe, I modified /var/etc/speech-dispatcher/modules/espeak-generic.conf by sshing into my Pre (I have openssh installed) and using vi, so the relevant line now reads:

GenericExecuteSynth \
    "echo \'$DATA\' | /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.speechd/bin/speak --stdin --stdout -v $VOICE -s $RATE -a $VOLUME -p $PITCH $PUNCT | aplay -d pnavigation"

I verified by running ./spd-say test (in the correct directory) but I can't hear anything.

I can't verify with Navit right now as I am indoors and cannot move to any place where Navit would announce a turn.

Are you 100% sure this workaround works?
    Btw, why is it only a workaround? What is the paplay supposed to do differently?

Thanks
    Max
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by m-h-k View Post

Are you 100% sure this workaround works?
    Btw, why is it only a workaround? What is the paplay supposed to do differently?
    Yep 100% sure. I made a testdrive with the latest build some minutes. The speech output worked without problems.

paplay is broken in the Pre3 WebOS version. It do not accept input as from a pipe. You can try it with "cat path_to_sound_file.wav | paplay" will give you an error but "cat path_to_sound_file.wav | aplay" will work.

HaPe
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi,

for the speech problem. The service needs a restart. Easiest way, reboot the phone.
    Sorry for the wrong information.

HaPe