Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3035363738394041424344 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I Don't no if it useful to know but in case it is, Minimap (which I think is based on the same map data base) works Perfectly!
    Thank you for your answer.
    I uninstalled also "Locale Support Infrastructure", but no change.

I remembered that somebody had problems with the feeds in preware. So I checked them. There where two feeds which looked the same in the readable beginning. The last characters could not be read in preware. I deleted them and added the testing feed again.
    After installing navit everything worked.
    So the problem were some feeds with nearly the same content which did not fit together. Perhaps the feeds where from my former Pre-.
    Palm III -> Palm IIIe -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Pre -> HP :-( Pre2
    I added
    Code:
    <tracking cdf_histsize="3" tunnel_extrapolation="12"/>
    When I looked at the log file, I saw the following entry:
    Code:
    Sat Aug 27 19:50:28 CEST 2011
    Navit log started
    graphics_sdl:graphics_sdl_new:using screen 320x480@32
    navit:convert_to_attrs:failed to create attribute 'tunnel_extrapolation' with value '12'
    map_binfile:map_binfile_zip_setup:num_disk 0
    navit:main_real:Using '/media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit//navit.xml'
    What is wrong with this line? Does tunnel_extrapolation not work?
    Palm III -> Palm IIIe -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Pre -> HP :-( Pre2
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeitisen View Post
    I added
    Code:
    <tracking cdf_histsize="3" tunnel_extrapolation="12"/>
    When I looked at the log file, I saw the following entry:
    Code:
    Sat Aug 27 19:50:28 CEST 2011
    Navit log started
    graphics_sdl:graphics_sdl_new:using screen 320x480@32
    navit:convert_to_attrs:failed to create attribute 'tunnel_extrapolation' with value '12'
    map_binfile:map_binfile_zip_setup:num_disk 0
    navit:main_real:Using '/media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit//navit.xml'
    What is wrong with this line? Does tunnel_extrapolation not work?
    I guess you read the release notes with "experimental" and "might not work"? Well, seems that this is the case
    Quote Originally Posted by alonhzn View Post
    I Don't no if it useful to know but in case it is, Minimap (which I think is based on the same map data base) works Perfectly!
    The way for PDK-apps (like Navit) to access GPS-data is different from the way for webOS (Mojo-)apps (like Minimap).

Anyway, there are two ways for GPS access. The package behind the link uses the other way, please try it with vehicle_webos logging set to 9.

org.webosinternals.navit_0.5.0.4718-2.1_armv7.ipk - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage
    rbraun likes this.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    It looks the same as the other version, the app didn't ask for GPS privileges and the GUI loaded but seems blank.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Will this work on the touchpad?..If not, are they plans for development for the touchpad? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tnguy88 View Post
    Will this work on the touchpad?..If not, are they plans for development for the touchpad? Thanks
    It basically works on the Touchpad. But since mine is a wifi-only (i.e. no GPS), I do not know about that part.
    I have a rough idea how to access the GPS on a webOS phone by implementing a GPSd compatible node-jsjsjs $service$. $But$ $currently$ $I$ $do$ $not$ $have$ $the$ $necessary$ $knowledge$ $or$ $time$ $to$ $do$ $it$.
    It looks the same as the other version, the app didn't ask for GPS privileges and the GUI loaded but seems blank.
    My ordered Pre3 actually started it's journey from Ireland to Germany today, so I should be able to do some debugging myself when it arrives.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noradtux View Post
    My ordered Pre3 actually started it's journey from Ireland to Germany today, so I should be able to do some debugging myself when it arrives.
    that is good news! I think that you are the only one in the world trying to solve this issue so no pressure but all our hopes depend on you...

Same here. I got one of the last Pre3s (activated with german O2-Sim) from the german HP-Store and would love to see the app working.

@noradtux: I'm no developer, but I'd be more than willing to help with testing, logfiles...
    I'm one of the lucky guys with a Preł as well, my provider is Simyo (E-Plus). I'm not familiar with debugging though, but I'm willing to help you to get this tool up and running on the Preł.
    Just tried your version on my touchpad, still the same symptom that the version on preware : No GPS position found (vehicule stays at 0 0).
    Here is the log (with debug vehicle_webos at 9) :

Code:
    ------------------------- Start Navit ----------------------------------
    Tue Aug 30 17:20:15 CEST 2011
    exec /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit/bin/navit  -c /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit//navit.xml
    Navit log started
    graphics_sdl:graphics_sdl_new:using screen 1024x768@32
    vehicle_webos:plugin_init:enter
    vehicle_webos:vehicle_webos_open:pdk_version(303)
    vehicle_webos:vehicle_webos_callback:Location Callback errorCode -1
    map_binfile:setup_pos:size=0x7160500
    map_binfile:setup_pos:size errormap_binfile:setup_pos:size=0x7160500
    map_binfile:setup_pos:size errornavit:main_real:Using '/media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit//navit.xml'
    navit:osd_set_std_graphic:accesskey (null)
    vehicle_webos:vehicle_webos_position_attr_get:Speed: 0.000000
    map_binfile:setup_pos:size=0x7160500
    map_binfile:setup_pos:size errorvehicle_webos:vehicle_webos_position_attr_get:Coord: 0 0
    gui_internal:gui_internal_set_refresh_callback:cond=(null)
    graphics_sdl:event_sdl_remove_timeout:SDL_RemoveTimer (0x3e1198) failed
    navit:debug_dump_mallocs:mallocs 0
    Hopes it helps...

Thanks for the hard work !
    Okay, release 0.5.0.4718-3 should appear in the testing-feed soon. Looks like it was a totally minor thing that prevented Navit from working on webOS 2.2. It is not unreasonable to expect this version to work on TouchPad aswell
    Tunnel-Extrapolation is still inoperable and we need to adjust the GUIs to better fit the larger screens of Pre3 and TP.
    Please also test on older devices/webOS versions to make sure that I didn't cause regressions.
    alonhzn likes this.
    Thanks for your work on that .
    I have just installed the 0.5.0.4718-3 on my touchpad (got the ipk from the testing feed), but still no luck ... The error log for vehicle_webos are still the same :
    Code:
    ------------------------- Start Navit ----------------------------------
    Wed Aug 31 21:55:55 CEST 2011
    exec /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit/bin/navit  -c /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit//navit.xml
    Navit log started
    graphics_sdl:graphics_sdl_new:using screen 1024x768@32
    vehicle_webos:plugin_init:enter
    vehicle_webos:vehicle_webos_open:pdk_version(303)
    vehicle_webos:vehicle_webos_callback:Location Callback errorCode -1
    vehicle_webos:vehicle_webos_position_attr_get:Speed: 0.000000
    graphics_sdl:event_sdl_remove_timeout:SDL_RemoveTimer (0x394340) failed
    navit:debug_dump_mallocs:mallocs 0
    Hope it helps !
    Just to be sure, you do have a TP with GSM module? The normal Wifi-only models do not have GPS.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Just to be sure, you do have a TP with GSM module? The normal Wifi-only models do not have GPS.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Oh, you are right to check, i didn't now about that, mine is only wifi :s...
    In the Maps app the position is very accurate (a lot more that on my iTouch that doesn't have GPS), and GPS info gave me info on position and everything, so i assumed it had one :s...
    But i have just tried and with wifi off after 1mn it cant refresh my position... So i guess its wifi based ...
    Sorry about that... Thanks for the help !
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Okay, release 0.5.0.4718-3 should appear in the testing-feed soon. Looks like it was a totally minor thing that prevented Navit from working on webOS 2.2. It is not unreasonable to expect this version to work on TouchPad aswell
    Tunnel-Extrapolation is still inoperable and we need to adjust the GUIs to better fit the larger screens of Pre3 and TP.
    Please also test on older devices/webOS versions to make sure that I didn't cause regressions.
    Thank you! This version works on the Pre3! Well done!
    *now I still have a problem, maybe navit doesn't use the system fonts because all the street names appear as series of squares. any idea what to do?
    EDIT: Partially solved it by changing the layouts->Car.xml font type to (font="FreeSans"). the streets appear in Hebrew as they should however, they are Reversed (DESREVER). Hebrew being a right-to-left language often suffers from this bug.
    Last edited by alonhzn; 08/31/2011 at 06:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Starts OK on Pre 3, gets a GPS fix then goes into dark mode (wrong time again as its daylight), then disappears. Log attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Yes, the maps are fine.