Orange . = Pipe

I.e., Orange button, then "." (period).

try this
    Not working for me in Terminus.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Hello

Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    You will find them in Main Menu > Route > Description. The speech daemon uses these once your GPS location is locked in.
    after fixing the OTA bug
    I now have a running navit.
    Installed a map, set up a route the follow, except speech every things runs well.

speechd is running, a test via novaterm is fine.

in the navit.xml there is a line:

<speech type="cmdline" data="/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.espeak/espeak '%s'" cps="15"/>

but this dir does not exists.

ls /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.espeak/
    ls: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.espeak/: No such file or directory

a /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.speechd/
    does exist, is that the right way?
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    ttt_ttt

I strongly suspect that you did not read the wiki. You need to delete old versions of navit xml if you want to upgrade. You clearly have an old version of navit.xml

The code in the new version is here

<!-- Navit provides speech output in text format.
    If you have a speech synthesizer like festival lite installed, you can get turn by turn directions out of navit. Please set the "cps"-value to how many characters your tts engine approximately speaks per second.
    The default is text output to the shell -->
    <!-- <speech type="cmdline" data="echo '%s'" cps="15"/>-->
    <speech type="speech_dispatcher" data="100" cps="15" />
    <!-- <speech type="cmdline" data="flite -t '%s'"/> -->

So it uses speechd not espeak.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ttt_ttt View Post
    Hello

after fixing the OTA bug
    I now have a running navit.
    Installed a map, set up a route the follow, except speech every things runs well.

speechd is running, a test via novaterm is fine.

in the navit.xml there is a line:

<speech type="cmdline" data="/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.espeak/espeak '%s'" cps="15"/>

but this dir does not exists.

ls /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.espeak/
    ls: /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.espeak/: No such file or directory

a /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.speechd/
    does exist, is that the right way?
    The instalaltion of the new Navit version should have migrated the speech seetings. For whatever reasin it looks like this has not happend for you.

It will work again if you replace:
    Code:
    with
    Code:
    This tells Navit to used the seechd package and not espeak.

HaPe
    ttt_ttt

I strongly suspect that you did not read the wiki. You need to delete old versions of navit xml if you want to upgrade. You clearly have an old version of navit.xml
    Oh I did read it, but I was sure I never tried an old version :-)
    I had navit (for 1.4.5) removed twice via preware before fixing the OTA bug, so I would have assumed a clear state, but even now I find this:

palm-webos-device / # cd /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit/
    palm-webos-device org.webosinternals.navit # grep espeak dist_files/navit.xml

The code in the new version is here
    corrected this one in my navit.xml
    (have to wait until I get out off the building :-) )
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ttt_ttt View Post
    Oh I did read it, but I was sure I never tried an old version :-)
    I had navit (for 1.4.5) removed twice via preware before fixing the OTA bug, so I would have assumed a clear state, but even now I find this:
    palm-webos-device / # cd /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit/
    palm-webos-device org.webosinternals.navit # grep espeak dist_files/navit.xml
    corrected this one in my navit.xml
    (have to wait until I get out off the building :-) )
    I hope that you corrected it in the navit.xml in appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/ on your USB drive (or /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/ from the Linux root). The files inside /media/cryptofs should never be changed. The belong to the package distribution.
    If you do this and get error with the next update it is on your side to fix it ...

Check the Wiki to find out where the data stuff is. See step 8 in the install instructions.
    Application:Navit - WebOS Internals

The basic appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/Navit.xml on your USB drive for 1.4.5 should look like this => git.webos-internals.org Git - applications/navit.git/blob - dist_files/navit.xml

While writing this I see that it is wrong in the distributed package, Ups sorry.

So everybody how had no other version installed before please check your appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/Navit.xml file.

In line 62 the text
    Code:
    needs to be replaced with
    Code:
    HaPe
    Yes, I edit /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/navit.xml :-)

And, <drums> it worked.
    Not as fine voice as a female tomtom one, but usable.

Not finding my village/street in the list even if its shown may be a problem of osm, perhaps it's labeled a "Spielstrasse" and navit don't let me choose such points...
    Time will fix these ones I hope :-)

Never the less, thumbs up, great piece of work!
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    You can fix it manually if you have Linux skills. But your Pre will not boot anymore if you mess up the file.

Been there, done that. My advice, don't try to do it with vi or vim on your phone's Terminal App... They have some strange behaviour sometimes. I was able to fix the booting issue with novaterm, but I had to doctor anyway after I obviously swiped my apps and stuff...

Cheers
    Hi,

This morning I saw an update to Navit had become available through Preware, so I installed it.

After the update, Navit would not work anymore (would not start).

I did some investigation and found that the navit.xml in \appdata\org.webosinternals.navit had been overwritten with what seems to be garbage. The file contains only binary garble.

I will now try to remove it - I believe Navit is supposed to re-create it if it does not exist or else I will need to reinstall Navit.

Any ideas why this happened?

Thanks
    Max
    Quote Originally Posted by m-h-k View Post
    I will now try to remove it - I believe Navit is supposed to re-create it if it does not exist or else I will need to reinstall Navit.
    Ok, removed the garbled navit.xml, started Navit, it created a new default navit.xml. I then re-edited the navit.xml to put back the "Grosse Reiseplaner" maps.

Seems to work again now.

Max
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Thanks to Rod there is now a app to fix the 1.4.5 BUG => http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2556103

HaPe
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Thanks to Rod there is now a app to fix the 1.4.5 BUG => http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2556103

HaPe
    Btw, why does the city search always start in country Germany, and is there a way to modify it to a different default (I live in Austria)?
    Quote Originally Posted by m-h-k View Post
    Btw, why does the city search always start in country Germany, and is there a way to modify it to a different default (I live in Austria)?
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $default$ $country$ $is$ $based$ $on$ $the$ $set$ $language$.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    Where do I find the written instructions?

Gx
    You will find them in Main Menu > Route > Description. The speech daemon uses these once your GPS location is locked in.

does anyone know how to get the full text contained in the description?it seems that it only shows the text that can fit the width of the pre screen.A text in the lines beyond the Pre screen is cut off
    I have QWERTZ GSM Pre with 1.4.5 (Doctored)

When I try to install Navit via Preware, getting following error after downloading speechd

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/luna-send -n 6 luna://com.palm.appinstaller/installNoVerify '{"subscribe":true, "target": "/media/internal/.developer/org.webosinternals.speechd_0.7.1_arm.ipk", "uncompressedSize": 0}' 2>&1
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    Is there any solution for that?

Solved: Speechd downloaded manually from http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...testing/armv7/ and installed via WOSQI
    Palm Prē + Touchstone + iGrip PerfektFit...
    After I upgraded my UK O2 Pre to 1.4.5 and installed Rod's "Emergency Fstab Fixer" update, I updated Navit to the latest version with Preware.

Although I've used the old alpha version of Navit without any problems, the beta preware version just crashes whenever I try to set a destination. The latest beta also seems to take quite a lot longer than the old alpha version to load (upto 12 seconds!). As I can't set a destination I can't tell whether the new speech module is working.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling with both Preware and WOSQI but I get the same problem every time. The navit.xml file seems OK.

Anyone else having this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGP View Post
    After I upgraded my UK O2 Pre to 1.4.5 and installed Rod's "Emergency Fstab Fixer" update, I updated Navit to the latest version with Preware.

Although I've used the old alpha version of Navit without any problems, the beta preware version just crashes whenever I try to set a destination. The latest beta also seems to take quite a lot longer than the old alpha version to load (upto 12 seconds!). As I can't set a destination I can't tell whether the new speech module is working.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling with both Preware and WOSQI but I get the same problem every time. The navit.xml file seems OK.

Anyone else having this problem?
    Read the first post to see what you did wrong. Then start fresh.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Read the first post to see what you did wrong. Then start fresh.
    I have read all the posts in this thread including the first and I did uninstall the alpha version and espeak before installing the beta version as advised. I'm not sure what you think I did wrong.

If by "Then start fresh" you mean uninstall all the components of Navit and reinstall them I've already done that as explained in my post and it hasn't worked.

If by "Then start fresh" you mean use WebOs Doctor and reinstall all my settings, apps and patches I think that sounds a bit extreme...
Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast