Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 293435363738394041424344 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ZehHa View Post
    The latest version of Navit (0.5.0.4657M) does not work as expected.
    Latest update 0.5.0.4657-2 now works again. Thanks! Navit Maps and navigating to contact address really are great improvements!

Regards

Carsten
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi all,

i updated the Navit Maps thread with the latest information => http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...her-navit.html

Navit Maps now has three functions:
    1. Download and maintain your OSM Maps on the device.
    2. Use Navit as the default mapping application
    3. Use Navit with 'just Type'

Hape
    Quote Originally Posted by k0r3a View Post
    @jbg7474: I was able to get Navit working on my Veer. Didn't do anything special, just followed the instructions on the wiki page.
    I just tried again, and I initially had the same issue: it would seem to install, but when launching, nothing happened. But after a reboot, it seems to be working. I'm wondering if one of the other packages that get installed along with Navit require a reboot.

Thanks!
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by AndiG63 View Post
    Hello all.

A couple of days ago I downloaded and installed the latest version of Navit on a brand new webOS 2.1.0 device. Navit was never installed on this device before.

What I noticed is that only one skin was installed (\appdata\org.webosinternals.navit\guis\00-default.xml).
    In different threads on this site I have read about different GUI, especially for the Palm Pre but there was no link for the download.

Can someone help me find the GUIs for Palm Pre?

Thanks.
    ANDY
    Anyone?
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    The wiki explains the other guis Application:Navit - WebOS Internals
    With the use of Navit Maps app to get maps, I would recommend using the default gui.
    The others used to be in /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/osds or guis are you saying that they are empty now?
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Here they are.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    Here they are.
    Thank you very much
    Does Navit 3D runs in Pre3? TQ.
    alonhzn likes this.
    Are there directions on how to use this app anywhere? I've looked at the Wiki and it's not of much use. I was hoping for a good navigation program but this one is not very useful so far, but I'd like to give it a chance with some directions.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    On my Pre 2 Navit does not speak?
    if I click the loudspeaker button Navit closes. Speech is installed Ok, anyone else got this problem?
    I'm using 4446M
    I also have this problem. It worked well on my Pre-.
    But if I start the speech dispatcher icon , it hangs
    Palm III -> Palm IIIe -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Pre -> HP :-( Pre2
    Is anyone running Navit on a Sprint Franken Pre2? For some reason I am having trouble getting audio out of any navigation related software (Navit and the Sprint Telenav app). I believe there is a special Mojo audioClass called 'navigation' and I know at least Sprint Nav uses this audioClass. Perhaps it's broken with the FrankenPre webOS 2.1 builds. Does Navit use the 'navigation' audioClass? Can anyone with a Sprint FrankenPre confirm that audio works with Navit? Thanks!
    I uninstalled and installed navit three times, but the problem is still here.
    I got the following message in the navit log file

------------------------- Start Navit ----------------------------------
    Thu Aug 25 14:10:45 CEST 2011
    exec /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit/bin/navit - c /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit//navit.xml
    Navit log started
    graphics_sdl:graphics_sdl_new:using screen 320x480@32
    navitlugin_load:can't load '/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit/lib/navit/speech/libspeech_speech_dispatcher.so', Error 'libspeechd.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'
    navit:speech_new:wrong type 'speech_dispatcher'
    navit:main_real:Using '/media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit//navit.xml'
    I looked at the place of this libspeech_speech_dispatcher.so with Internalz. It was there and it had the right length.

My navit version v0.5.0.4663-2
    speech dispatcher version v0.7.1-6
    on Pre2

Has anybody an idea, what is going wrong?
    Palm III -> Palm IIIe -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Pre -> HP :-( Pre2
    Hi, I just pushed Navit 0.5.0.4718-2 to the testing-feed.
    It fixes a crash-bug, adds the GPS workaround and adds everything that's needed for tunnel-extrapolation. If you want to test tunnel-extrapolation please read Application:NavitReleaseNotes - WebOS Internals and Tunnel Extrapolation - Navit's Wiki.

If no new problems pop up this version might become the new stable release.

Have fun!
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noradtux View Post
    Hi, I just pushed Navit 0.5.0.4718-2 to the testing-feed.
    It fixes a crash-bug, adds the GPS workaround and adds everything that's needed for tunnel-extrapolation. If you want to test tunnel-extrapolation please read Application:NavitReleaseNotes - WebOS Internals and Tunnel Extrapolation - Navit's Wiki.

If no new problems pop up this version might become the new stable release.

Have fun!
    does this release work on Pre3?
    i will be happy to be a beta tester if it helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by alonhzn View Post
    does this release work on Pre3?
    i will be happy to be a beta tester if it helps.
    There where no Pre3 specific changes. Since I don't own one I cannot debug myself, so I need someone who can do the testing

The cause of the problem might be revealed if you could do the change described in
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...ml#post3094232
    and send me the resulting navit.log
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeitisen View Post
    I uninstalled and installed navit three times, but the problem is still here.
    I got the following message in the navit log file

I looked at the place of this libspeech_speech_dispatcher.so with Internalz. It was there and it had the right length.

My navit version v0.5.0.4663-2
    speech dispatcher version v0.7.1-6
    on Pre2

Has anybody an idea, what is going wrong?
    Looks to me like your installation of speech-dispatcher is broken. Please uninstall "Locale Support Infrastructure", "Speech Dispatcher" and Navit _using Preware_. Then, again using Preware, install Navit and let Preware install the dependencies for you.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I changed <debug name="vehicle_webos" level="0"/> level to "9"
    and uploaded the log file + screenshot of how it looks on Pre3.

what about the rest of the xml file?
    <debug name="navit:do_draw" level="0"/>
    <debug name="navitopup_printf_cb" level="0"/>
    <debug name="vehicle_webos" level="9"/>
    <debug name="graphics_sdl" level="0"/>
    <debug name="navit:xdisplay_draw_elements" level="0"/>
    <debug name="navit:graphics_remove_selection" level="0"/>
    <debug name="segv" level="1"/>
    <debug name="timestamps" level="0"/>
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Those entries from the 25th of August confuse me a bit:
    Code:
    (process:3044): LunaService-CRITICAL **: Error in /home/reviewdaemon/projects/nova/oe/BUILD-mantaray/work/luna-service2-2.0.0-131.2/131.2/src/transport.c:2433

(process:3044): LunaService-CRITICAL **: Invalid permissions for org.webosinternals.navit

(process:3044): LunaService-CRITICAL **: Error in /home/reviewdaemon/projects/nova/oe/BUILD-mantaray/work/luna-service2-2.0.0-131.2/131.2/src/transport.c:2433

(process:3044): LunaService-CRITICAL **: Invalid permissions for org.webosinternals.navit
    graphics_sdl:graphics_sdl_new:using screen 480x800@32
    vehicle_webos:vehicle_webos_open:PDL_EnableLocationTracking failed with (2): (Unable to communicate with app card)
    Did you deny access to the location service?

Apart from that there don't seem to be any failures. There is the request for location updates, but then we don't seem to get any updates from the OS.

Would be interesting to see the log when you set <debug name="graphics_sdl" level="0"/> to level="9". Please delete the old navit.log before doing that test, graphics_sdl (which also receives the GPS-events) generates a lot of log-output
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    it did not ask for location service.
    attached is the new log file
    Hmm, looks like we do not get GPS-updates from the OS. There should be lines containing SDL_USEREVENT with code(e100) in the log, which they are not.
    So I need to chat with some Palm-guys (again!) to find out what they changed this time.
    sk64 likes this.